World Do we really have to blame Lester?

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
I read arctiles from here:
http://supermancinema.co.uk/

and it led to my question as said in the topic's title.

We all know that the Salkinds are the ones who fired Donner and they were the ones who saw Superman to be as campy as the '60s Batman show. So they cared for it, but for the wrong way.

But we blame Lester.

When in fact; Lester, as said by Donner in interviews back in that day, was probably the best guy on the crew. Let me explain: he offered good ideas for Donner on the movie's storyline (example: he was the one who thought the movie (STM) should end with the turning of the world). And he was the guy who thought more focus should be on to finish STM and wait for SII.

He came up with these ideas that probably made the movie better than what was planned. But we blame Lester.

Should we really blame Lester?

Uh, I'd have preferred it if Superman 1 had ended the way it was originally planned. Not to open up the discussion again, but I hate the time-travel ending.

That said, I don't really blame Lester for anything - it is the Salkinds I feel are mostly responsible for the decline of the series.

God, imagine each sequel had been progressively better than the first rather than progressively worse.

lujho said:
Uh, I'd have preferred it if Superman 1 had ended the way it was originally planned. Not to open up the discussion again, but I hate the time-travel ending.

That said, I don't really blame Lester for anything - it is the Salkinds I feel are mostly responsible for the decline of the series.

God, imagine each sequel had been progressively better than the first rather than progressively worse.
Exactly. In my opinion, if this franchise would've been treated correctly it would've had the same respect the original Star Wars Trilogy did. It has what I like to call "Jaws" Syndrome. Each film has worse FX than the previous one, and the writing doesn't get that much better, either.

we'll find out how much differnet the storys are in a few months

Lightning54SC said:
we'll find out how much differnet the storys are in a few months

I can't wait to see the special edition of all 4 superman movies. Hopefully we'll get a 5.1 audio track for all the movies as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"