Do you believe Fox is lying about how much was actually shot and edited for X3?

LastSunrise1981 said:
1. Storm's tidal wave.

2. Trask coming off creepier to the President with the "You know what needs to be done" line.

3. Rogue's mother.

4. The Wolverine speech to Iceman, Kitty, and Colossus.

5. Leech being experimented on.(This shot was in the teaser trailer)

6. It was confirmed that a shot of Beast sneaking into Alcatrax and bypassing security was filmed, but cut at the last second.

7. Angel in the final battle(This was confirmed by Ben Foster, who said he was involved in that filming and got to kick a lot of ass.)

8. Xavier's speech(Teaser trailer version).

9. Ice Slide(Both Page and Ashmore confirmed that it was filmed).

10. Alternate endings and versions had been filmed according to Ashmore.(Hopefully there's a scene with Cyclops in the final battle. Although it's very unlikely obviously.)

Obviously more than 30 seconds was cut from the film.

My internet messed up and it posted this post twice. Can someone please delete the second one?
The Xavier speech was recorded specifically for the teaser trailer.

They cut more stuff from final film.

-According to the visual effects people the Multiple Man scene was supposed to be longer
-Hugh Jackman would have been naked in the Dark Phoenix sequence.
-Logan/barman scene
-Acknowledgement that Storm is a weather witch

Looking at the trailers alone and what was cut from them...it really makes me wonder what other stuff was sliced out.

Lastsunrise caught so many I'm not bothering with my own list except to ask about the following:
- did we not get Xavier's 'you have no idea...' dialogue? I don't remember that being in there either
- the shot of Bobby and Kitty looking at each other on the ice (regular trailer) - was that in the final cut, or a lead up to the kiss?

- oh, and we also know Cyke's scene at Alkali was a bit trimmed: the shot of him looking up into the sky was gone

Ashmore and Page never confirmed the ice slide. They confirmed a 40 foot drop or something like that, which is when Kitty phased the 2 of them through the ground.

There was never an ice slide.

Farren said:
- oh, and we also know Cyke's scene at Alkali was a bit trimmed: the shot of him looking up into the sky was gone

No it wasn't, it was just shot at a different angle.

That's the thing. Yes, stuff was cut (Storm's tidal wave)

But most of what we got in the film were different versions of the same scenes in the trailers.

Wolverine's speech to Iceman before the final battle. Didn't get cut, it was changed.

Magneto's attacking the prison truck convoy... not cut, changed.

Certain shots of Cyclops at Alkali Lake, not cut, changed.

That's what most of the differences from the trailers are, just different shots / angles of the same scenes, or in some cases, different versions altogether that they felt would work better with the film.

Farren said:
Looking at the trailers alone and what was cut from them...it really makes me wonder what other stuff was sliced out.

Lastsunrise caught so many I'm not bothering with my own list except to ask about the following:
- did we not get Xavier's 'you have no idea...' dialogue? I don't remember that being in there either
- the shot of Bobby and Kitty looking at each other on the ice (regular trailer) - was that in the final cut, or a lead up to the kiss?

Xavier's line was there buddy... maybe they cut the kiss but I didn't want to see those two making out anyways...

Nell2ThaIzzay said:

But most of what we got in the film were different versions of the same scenes in the trailers.

Wolverine's speech to Iceman before the final battle. Didn't get cut, it was changed.

That's what most of the differences from the trailers are, just different shots / angles of the same scenes, or in some cases, different versions altogether that they felt would work better with the film.

Haha. Well, that example is essentially the same as it being cut . . . they decided not to use that particular portion of the speech, because it didn't work (or for some other reason) and was therefore cut or scrapped . . . the rest, I agree with. Although, I find myself liking a lot of the shots in the trailer better than the ones used in the actual movie. :confused:

Nell2ThaIzzay said:

:up: :up: :up: three hands!!!!! WE HAVE A WINNER

filming so many alternate scenes are so wasteful of money which could have been used to extend or add character development even work on the cgi more.... that last two angel scenes sucked it looked unbelievably fake.

FaT_tONle said:
Xavier's line was there buddy... maybe they cut the kiss but I didn't want to see those two making out anyways...
Ok, just checking. And yeah, I'm glad the kiss was cut too.

I can't believe no is discussing the fact tha Logan was to be naked in Dark Phoenix scene.:p

hmmm.... a naked Logan... ... Would Phoenix be naked too? ...

cause then X-Men would have been called XXX-The Last ... Orgy. :p

DarknessOfDeath said:
hmmm.... a naked Logan... ... Would Phoenix be naked too? ...
No just Logan.
In the end sequence when Wolverine is being "atomized', Bruno initially wanted to have Jackman act this naked, but Jackman was extremely concerned about images escaping onto the net, so a small pair of flesh coloured pants were worn. Ironically to maintain the film's rating, digital cloths had to be hand tracked and re-added back onto Jackman to cover him up. Not only was nudity an issue, but much work went into the death atomizing to make it "oatmeal" according to Bruno and not too vivid.
Source: http://www.fxguide.com/article357.html

DarknessOfDeath said:
cause then X-Men would have been called XXX-The Last ... Orgy. :p
Lol

welp, i cant wait for the DVD since they fudged the release up. hopefully ill have my ****ing projector or something by then, lol.

BMM said:
Haha. Well, that example is essentially the same as it being cut . . . they decided not to use that particular portion of the speech, because it didn't work (or for some other reason) and was therefore cut or scrapped . . . the rest, I agree with. Although, I find myself liking a lot of the shots in the trailer better than the ones used in the actual movie. :confused:

No it's not. They didn't "cut" that part of the speech. The speech in the trailer is a different speech altogether.

How would it make any kind of sense at all for Wolverine to be pumping Iceman up, talking about how Scott and Xavier died, and if they did nothing, their dream would die with them, only for him to finish up with "Oh, by the way, this is a war. You might die. Maybe you might wanna reconsider"...

It was a different speech altogether. They decided the one they used worked better with the film. And it may have. Because it shows they are fighting for Xavier and... dun dun dun; Cyclops... people wanted a little recognition for Cyclops, at least the speech Wolverine gave shows that the X-Men are fighting in the name of Xavier and Cyclops, and that the X-Men won't have let them die in vain.

I don't believe they shot Scott in the final battle, but maybe there was an alternate ending with Jean and Scott being hinted at being alive, INSTEAD of 3 dead X-men's gravestones in a row. Talk about overkill, too much death to mourn any of them!

I'm still hopeful we'll see an alternate with Jean's empty grave and an optic blast at Alkali and it sets up Sinister for the next trilogy as opposed to stupid Xavier which sets up nothing except his own unethical behavior.

I found everyone except Scott and Jean to be very insincere in this film. Their lines felt forced, Jackman's weaping was over the top, Storm's lack of grief over Scott and Jean is just COLD!

Retroman said:

-According to the visual effects people the Multiple Man scene was supposed to be longer
-Logan/barman scene

where did you here this from retroman?

Retroman said:

-Logan/barman scene

Was that the same line that Halle Berry said would be mentioned in the film? The line that was to involve her time in Africa supposedly?

Also the scene where Rogue and Bobby kiss was cut.

I beleive that was the alternate ending for her, when she kisses him, and then she ices up.

With so many different scenes cut from this film it makes me wonder what the hell is going through the execs minds?

Why cut something like the storm tidal wave that must of take lots of fx time and stunt work?

To spend all that time and money on a stunt thats not even in the movie is ludicris.

I was really looking forward to the speech from wolverine to iceman, kitty, and colossus as well.

The scene with Bobby and kitty skating was cut, they KISS in the trailer!

Also...is there any truth to Rogues mother being in the movie? I know that there is a casting call sheet with her name on it, but didnt Penn state that they originally planned to have her go talk with her mom, but that it was never really shot?

30 seconds? more like 30 minutes.... maybe they ment 30 minutes

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"