Do you believe in Psychic Abilities?

I believe in psychic abilities , but I believe they are very rare and don't work like how Hollywood portrays it.

Well, I don't believe in such things.

The only remotely paranormal experience I had was when my TV randomly turned on. I was sitting on the computer, the remote control was far away from me, and I was alone in the room, when the TV just turned on by itself. I was startled for a second, but then I realized it probably was some sort of electrical glitch or something. Later that day, a colleague of mine who understands electronics and gadgets and stuff, confirmed that it's probably just this.

So no, I don't really believe in anything paranormal, including psychics and premonition. With all due respect to the OP, how can I know that the stories about your mother are genuine? I'm not saying that you're necessarily lying, but you're just a guy on the Internet. I can log in and write that I'm the Queen of England and I have a winged turnip to fly over the ocean. Again, I'm not saying that you're lying and I'm not trying to attack you, but you can't prove your stories are genuine on the Internet.

The day I experience something paranormal and have no other explanation, I will change my opinion. But today is not this day.

My mum told me that the ghost of Jim Morrison appeared to her one night when she went to the bathroom.
He was standing at the doorway leaning on the doorway with one arm laughing at her cause she was terrified.
She had to crawl out past his leather clad legs, lol.

Now, at the time this happened, back in the early 90s, it could be said that our house had become a bit of a Door's shrine, upstairs i would be playing their albums a lot, and downstairs, my nephew, who lived with us at the time, had got a toy drum kit, what he would do all day, everyday, was play his toy drum kit along to my 3 hr Doors video(live at the Hollywood bowl, doors in Europe and dance on fire on the one tape), he had this on play and repeat all day as kids do.

My mum also told me that she had read one of my door's autobiographies and said some prayers for Jimbo.

So, who knows, maybe he showed up see what the hell was going on in our house.

She also told me not to tell anyone about this, but i told one of my pals and he used to bring it up every now and again after I'd forgotten all about it and we'd get a good laugh out of it, so I'm telling the people of the internet for a laugh also.

She told me about some other freaky sh** that went down one time, but there is no way i am breaking that confidence, the Morrison appearance is a bit of a joke compared to that one.

You reminded me of a nut job -no offence- who claimed she saw an alien and then got rescued by some guy with an aura of light, that guy told her she's the new hope of the world, or such sort of crap

You reminded me of a nut job -no offence- who claimed she saw an alien and then got rescued by some guy with an aura of light, that guy told her she's the new hope of the world, or such sort of crap

aye. nice try in trying to wind me up by calling my mum a nut-job by proxy Aziz, but you did not succeed, all you succeed in doing with that kind of thing is showing yourself up as the lowest form of agent provocateur, as you have done before

edit: anyway, if anyone wants Hendrix. Joplin, Elvis, Holly, Lennon, or anyone to show up in ghost form when they get up to pee in the night, well, you klnow what to do, get yourself a toy drum kit and get the vids on, might take a couple of weeks for anything to happen, helps if your a nut-job in the first place.

Last edited:
aye. nice try in trying to wind me up by calling my mum a nut-job by proxy Aziz, but you did not succeed, all you succeed in doing with that kind of thing is showing yourself up as the lowest form of agent provocateur, as you have done before
Not her, wasn't intended at her
Ever heard of a Sherry Shriner?

I do believe there is some basic,rudimentary, form of psychic abilities, but nothing spectacular like we've see on t.v.

I don't believe in em. I have a fair amount of experience in this field. My Mom's current profession is a psychic medium. It's all horse****

Bumped.
But you already knew I would bump it, didn't ya?

Yes, I'm somewhat psychic and somewhat like Jordan Cross from 'Smallville,' which trust me - is utter hell!

I'll give you guys a lighter example that I'm sure you'll like:

I was having a day where everything was coming together linking into comics. I saw the guy who played Toad in X-Men: Evolution. Joked with a girl I liked that later in the day I'd see all the Avengers to make things complete. Turns out I later found out that Captain America was having it's premiere that day -- and I saw all the Avengers! It was pretty bad ass.

Psychic Kids approached it very realistically. All afraid to admit it in real life because most will think we're insane and most don't want to be "different" - kind of why I distrust psychic shops, that's overly flashy. Plus, it does feel like more of a curse that you learn to cope with (predicting death? yeah, that sucks).

Last edited:
Years of watching Dan Brown have pretty much convinced me that 'psychic abilities' as it is conventionally defined, is an utter ruse and/or illusion. That is coming from a popular showman/psychologist/magician who uses said tricks in his acts, by the way.

I think Hunter S. Thompson's ghost visted me. He started yelling and making noises...

But it was probably a dream. :hehe:

I was having a day where everything was coming together linking into comics. I saw the guy who played Toad in X-Men: Evolution. Joked with a girl I liked that later in the day I'd see all the Avengers to make things complete. Turns out I later found out that Captain America was having it's premiere that day -- and I saw all the Avengers! It was pretty bad ass.

You're a member of the Superhero Hype board. What are the odds that you'll see the Avengers on any given day? Probably pretty damn high. I am unswayed.

Well, I don't believe in such things.

The only remotely paranormal experience I had was when my TV randomly turned on. I was sitting on the computer, the remote control was far away from me, and I was alone in the room, when the TV just turned on by itself. I was startled for a second, but then I realized it probably was some sort of electrical glitch or something. Later that day, a colleague of mine who understands electronics and gadgets and stuff, confirmed that it's probably just this.

So no, I don't really believe in anything paranormal, including psychics and premonition. With all due respect to the OP, how can I know that the stories about your mother are genuine? I'm not saying that you're necessarily lying, but you're just a guy on the Internet. I can log in and write that I'm the Queen of England and I have a winged turnip to fly over the ocean. Again, I'm not saying that you're lying and I'm not trying to attack you, but you can't prove your stories are genuine on the Internet.

The day I experience something paranormal and have no other explanation, I will change my opinion. But today is not this day.

It's also possible that your next door neighbor has the same brand of TV. A lot of the remotes are made on the same frequency level.

I believe it's possible to have psychic abilities.

But not to the extent of the lunatic woman on Travel Channel's "The Dead Files" Woman walked around the house muttering nonsense, pretending a ghost was talking through her. lol.

I have had some experiences of predicting the future, but it not like I say "this and this will happen on so and so date" Usually I have dreams about stuff that will happen in real-life a few days later.

Back in October of 2004, I was sitting in front of my computer, when suddenly a thought came to mind that a friend of mine was in trouble. I just brushed it off, thinking it was nothing. But the more I kept brushing it off, the stronger the sense was that she needed help. I kept telling myself not to think about her, that my thoughts were irrational and she was fine. So anyway, i'm sitting there, not really doing anything. I look at the clock on my computer for some reason. 12:20AM, Saturday October 24th. I'm bored and just sortof stare at it for minute.

November 4th, I learn that she had died. The time of death was listed: October 24, 12:28AM.

I felt and still feel so guilty. I know I wasn't there, so there was nothing I could do, but that feeling that she needed help constantly tugging on me, and for me to just brush it off.. I feel like her death is my fault. I feel like she would still be alive today had I just said a Prayer for her or something.

there's a magician, whose name escapes me at the moment, who will award a large cash sum ($10,000 maybe it was?) to whoever can show him psychic abilities that he can't reproduce through trickery

so far, he hasn't had to pay anyone

Yes i believe to those who have a psychic ability.i already seen it in Philippines there is a lot of people there seeing some other creatures and sometime seeing the future..The first time i heard it i say that it is not true but when you seen it you will be really scared and think it everytime..

You're a member of the Superhero Hype board. What are the odds that you'll see the Avengers on any given day? Probably pretty damn high. I am unswayed.

In person.

It was a more funny kind of coincidence. A have to be there to get it type thing.

there's a magician, whose name escapes me at the moment, who will award a large cash sum ($10,000 maybe it was?) to whoever can show him psychic abilities that he can't reproduce through trickery

so far, he hasn't had to pay anyone

In France Gerard Majax ( http://www.majax.com/pages/spectacle.html ) made a similar offer.

This thread makes me think about "Ancient Alien" TV show, I watched some episodes and it is pretty hillarous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"