Do You Ever Hear This?

I don't know a kid who could make it through Watchmen or a stack of Love and Rockets. :huh:

But Batman? Yeah, Batman is for kids.
I love how all your opinions on comics are outdated by 30 years.

Just that its hypocritical to form a stereotype that someone should be beat up for watching kids shows and yet you dont want to be teased for reading comics. Or did I misinterpret you?:huh:

No, actually, the reason why I say he should be beat up was left unclarified.

The reason why we claim he does is because he's got an incredibly bad macho attitude and runs his mouth off too much, and has zero backup to it.

Not because of the TV shows.

No, actually, the reason why I say he should be beat up was left unclarified.

The reason why we claim he does is because he's got an incredibly bad macho attitude and runs his mouth off too much, and has zero backup to it.

Not because of the TV shows.
OH! Well...thats a different story. I can't really defend that.

Oooooh. So you're just stupid.
Yes, CConn.
If I don't share your opinion on something, it's because I'm stupid. Yes.

But, if you must know, I wasn't being serious. I was just making fun of threadmaker 'cause I don't like Batman or any current DC really.

Nonetheless, any mainstream professional from Marvel or DC will tell you...despite your Sue Dibny rape/murders here, and your gritty anti-drug issues there, the Superhero side of the industry can not survive on the adult dollar alone, and I've been shocked in several interviews to see them say that yes, they're very much still "for kids", regardless of how old you are when you still enjoy them.
Frank Miller's Ronin and Dark Knight and Marshall Law, and all the dark, "mature" stuff was what we all liked when we were kids, but if you handed it to any adult I knew at the time they wouldn't even glance twice.

Add to this the fact that I consider most people in their mid-to late 20's and younger to be "kids", and....*shrug*

Yes, CConn.

But, if you must know, I wasn't being serious. I was just making fun of threadmaker 'cause I don't like Batman or any current DC really.

Nonetheless, any mainstream professional from Marvel or DC will tell you...despite your Sue Dibny rape/murders here, and your gritty anti-drug issues there, the Superhero side of the industry can not survive on the adult dollar alone, and I've been shocked in several interviews to see them say that yes, they're very much still "for kids", regardless of how old you are when you still enjoy them.
Frank Miller's Ronin and Dark Knight and Marshall Law, and all the dark, "mature" stuff was what we all liked when we were kids, but if you handed it to any adult I knew at the time they wouldn't even glance twice.

Add to this the fact that I consider most people in their mid-to late 20's and younger to be "kids", and....*shrug*

Ignore CConn, we don't know what the hell's the matter with him.

Yes, CConn.
That's totally untrue. I judge people's intelligence on how they conduct themselves, not the opinions they hold.
All that speaks to is the prejudice and stereotyping that exists in most people's minds against comics.
I believe people in their 20s are commonly referred to as...people in their 20s.

do your parents watch The Simpsons, Family Guy, or any other late night animated fare?:huh:

Ignore CConn, we don't know what the hell's the matter with him.
I'm slowing turning into zer00 after I was accidentally bitten by a radi0active spider. :(

I believe people in their 20s are commonly referred to as...people in their 20s.
Sure, until you reach your 30's, at which point they are known as "kids".
You are a "kid", and at work, when a 50 year old co-worker and I are talking about the flaky afternoon guy (who is 23 years old), we laugh and say, "What is wrong with kids these days."

Another example would be, when a bunch of 18-22 year olds are drafted and sent to war, and they see the horrors of war, an older person will protest and say, "They're just KIDS!:cmad: They should be out there bird-doggin' chicks and bangin' beaver!:cmad:"

Sure, until you reach your 30's, at which point they are known as "kids".
You are a "kid", and at work, when a 50 year old co-worker and I are talking about the flaky afternoon guy (who is 23 years old), we laugh and say, "What is wrong with kids these days."

Another example would be, when a bunch of 18-22 year olds are drafted and sent to war, and they see the horrors of war, an older person will protest and say, "They're just KIDS!:cmad: They should be out there bird-doggin' chicks and bangin' beaver!:cmad:"
...k.

My parents never really cared nor do they think its really immature, but they always refer to it as "that crazy **** you like"

I'm a writer and artist for comics [not professionally], and I'm working on my own series with some friends. We've got our own little group going that we're trying to build up so hopefully we can get something published...

My family knows of this, yet whenever I say anything about the immaturity of my 15-year old sister or my 13-year old brother, I hear, "You're the one who still likes Batman."

For one, my brother still watches Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents.

My sister is in a military-wannabe group, and thinks she's cool because of it.

Yet I take a simple interest in comics [more like graphic novels] and get slammed for a lack of immaturity. You guys ever hear this from peers or family members?
omg i hear that too,people at school are always like
so you still like batman!like wtf?it has nothing to do with anything,thats my liking,for all i know they probably still like teletubbies
i dont get pressured by my parents,my dad likes batman and my mom likes superman,my dad has a batman tattoo ;):up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"