Do You Floss Your Teeth Regularly?

I disagree with mouthwash being deodorant for the mouth as that implies it's only use is to cover up smell akin to deodorant covering up smell on the body if someone weren't to shower. Deodorant for the body is just to cover up whereas mouthwash does actively fight infection/bacteria (antiseptic) while flouride helps combat mouth conditions that form cavities so not just a coverup.

That being said, it's not going to remove buildup between teeth so understandable dentist looking for a simple analogy trying to get someone to floss would like to emphasize flossing over mouthwash (although maybe shouldn't knock it) as a very bad smell is likely to emanate as the buildup is removed between the teeth not to mention how rotten things can get. I suppose incorrectly using mouthwash for the purpose of combating buildup between teeth can be likened to a veritable deuce someone drops in the toilet then dumping a bunch of toilet cleaner in it. Sure it will kill the bacteria and micro organisms floating in the water around it but not remove the centralized veritable deucetastic element that subsides in the depths of the ****ter. One has to flush it out.

My Basic Hygeine Routine:
*Tongue Brush Morning and Anti-Septic Mouth Wash every Morning then wash face get all oil off with face wash.
*I try to rinse mouth out with water and brush teeth mid-day half hr to hour after meal if get the time to do so or think of while on break.
*Tooth and Tongue brush (handbrush or Phillips Sonic Toothbrush), Floss, and Flouride Rinse every Evening then shower good shampoo and handsoap and body wash evening getting all over before go to bed
*Typically not sleep in same sheets if overly sweaty wakeup or been week since washed them and blankets. I can't stand oily sheets or blankets.

Some things I need to get better at is yes flossing morning not just evening, brushing mid-day and putting deodorant on every day in morning as sometimes I forget or sometimes don't like it if the deodorant irritates or inflames the skin (I sometimes use handsoap wash underarm area in shower so can get bit dry but prefer that over being oily).

Also, one thing I used to do while flossing is simply insert the floss between each tooth then quickly move to next area. I now move floss back/forth while slowly making a "V" shape until hit gum then repeating about 2-3 times until buiildup perceptibly removed before going to next one. It seems to work much better but is bit more time consuming. I've got it to about 5 minutes floss then next brush for about 3-4 minutes along gumline both sides and top tooth and swish toothpaste around before spit it out and rinse rest out with mouthwash in evening. Mouthwash is kind of strong so try and keep it along sides of mouth and not over tongue while do for a bout 1-2 minutes so not alter taste next day by being on tongue too long.

Last edited:
I brush my teeth (of course), I use mouthwash sometimes. But floss is something I've never really used.

Only on Sundays and I barely see residues coming out. It's always like that whenever I do it.

not as much as i should, but definitely more than anyone else in my house

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"