I gotta vent some frustration

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
I understand that this thread may get closed, I don't care. Like I wrote in the title, I just want to vent some frustration.

So I went to bed at like 9 last night because 8 this morning I had a dentist appt. It was a 6 month cleaning but I didn't get mine till March. I also woke up at midnight for some reason maybe because I didn't have a full dinner or was just used to going to bed later, the point is I could not fall back asleep and just stayed awake in bed tossing and turning till 6am, the time I had to get up for the day's first prayer.

So I leave for the dentist and get there 20 minutes early. Apparently they open right at 8 so I had to wait outside. This middle aged man was also waiting outside and started talking to me. I just graduated so I told him about how I was looking for jobs for the new year and such. At some point I said something like "God willing I'll find a job soon." Then he starts talking about God & religion a lot more. That's not where I expected this small talk conversation to go.

The dentist opens and I go inside, the guy asks me if I've been going to church. And I told him I go to church Fridays, and since today is Friday I said yes I'm planning to attend. Then he asks me what my denomination is, I tell him I'm Muslim, and he goes, "Oh you're Muslim. You don't believe in the true god."

... :o

I didn't want to talk to him anymore. But then I sit down and continues to talk to me. He talks about how Abraham had an illegitimate child (bastard child in his words) and that's when the people diverged and the origin of Islam started. He tells me that "to you, I am an infidel. And you know what you do to infidels?" Then he looked around and saw there was a kid with his mom also sitting in the lobby, so instead of saying anything explicit out loud, he did the finger over the throat hand motion. (
7e675190a63ae9dc8c1dcdb5cd7e91aa.jpg
)

Although I'm getting pissed off, all I say is "You've been misinformed" over and over again, but he denies it saying he has a copy of the Qur'an that he apparently carries around sometimes. Heclaims to know everything about Islam and everything I believe in. I eventually stop responding to him, but my blood was boiling.

Combined with the lack of sleep and that crap, was a horrible way to start my day, and my new year. You know how they say ignorance is bliss? Well sometimes it is a scapegoat.

EDIT: he did tell me to have a nice day right before I left. so maybe he knew he was being a prick.

Last edited:
Sounds a bit crap. Best thing is not to talk to people ever. ;) At least get out at the 1st sign they suffer from dumb-**** syndrome.

the best thing you could have done was quoted him back some of his "scripture" where his "god" also instructs his people to go and kill "infidels" in Canaan and take their stuff. Totally against his own commandments.

Sounds a bit crap. Best thing is not to talk to people ever. ;) At least get out at the 1st sign they suffer from dumb-**** syndrome.

This.

Religion and politics. Two things you should avoid talking about with strangers.

Sorry this happened to you. The guy's obvious an ignorant *******.

It was wrong for the dentist to put you on the spot like that. The last thing I want out of a dentist appointment is a religious debate.

Just another ignorant moron. Don't let it get to you.

sorry to hear about your experience, XB. :(

in situations like that, you've just got to politely remove yourself from the situation and keep your emotions in check so you don't escalate the situation.

just excuse yourself and say you have to go to the bathroom. or you have to step outside and make a phone call. or something just to get away.

well it's not like he just started talking to me about religion. it all started when I used the phrase "god willing." then when I said I was Muslim, is when the whole conversation went downhill.
the best thing you could have done was quoted him back some of his "scripture" where his "god" also instructs his people to go and kill "infidels" in Canaan and take their stuff. Totally against his own commandments.
no. I would not stoop down to his level to fight back. And unlike him, I don't claim to know everything about a religion I don't practice.
This.

Religion and politics. Two things you should avoid talking about with strangers.

Sorry this happened to you. The guy's obvious an ignorant *******.
thank you for saying that. yes, he definitely was, and god help him. but anyways I didn't expect religion to have come down to the small talk I was having with him.
It was wrong for the dentist to put you on the spot like that. The last thing I want out of a dentist appointment is a religious debate.
Yeah, 8am, bleh. :cwink:
:halo:
Just another ignorant moron. Don't let it get to you.
thank you. i'd like to think most people aren't as ignorant as he was, though. and even if they are, i hope they are not as disrespectful.
sorry to hear about your experience, XB. :(

in situations like that, you've just got to politely remove yourself from the situation and keep your emotions in check so you don't escalate the situation.

just excuse yourself and say you have to go to the bathroom. or you have to step outside and make a phone call. or something just to get away.

well a minute after they opened I got called up by the dental hygienist. But I responded to his disrespectfulness, by not responding to him anymore.

but yo, why did you make raven x again, and then why did you get banned?

I'm sorry you have to deal with the world being so a anti-Muslim these days.

well a minute after they opened I got called up by the dental hygienist. But I responded to his disrespectfulness, by not responding to him anymore.

but yo, why did you make raven x again, and then why did you get banned?

yep. just try to ignore people like that.

sent you a pm. :cwink:

well it's not like he just started talking to me about religion. it all started when I used the phrase "god willing." then when I said I was Muslim, is when the whole conversation went downhill.
That's the exit cue. There's no law that you have to listen/respond to ********. Let him keep talking if he wants. Will sound pretty stupid after no responses for a minute. Don't let pratts ruin your day. ;)

That's awful that people are so prejudice against people that are Muslim. Such an irrational hatred because of the actions of a very small group of people.

Sorry this happened to you, XtremelyBaneful.:( That guy is a disrespectful misinformed moron. Don't let him get you down.

Last edited:
thank you for all the support fellas. Even on a forum, where you're talking to people all over the world who you may not know personally, it can make you feel better.

And I do.

Aww, that sucks.

I get this sometimes from other Christian denominations. I'm Catholic, so I get a lot of, "Oh, so you're not really a Christian", and then they talk about saving my soul or whatnot. OR, conversely, if they are not religious, I get to hear someone yap at me at how my religion has ruined All The Things.

People suck. Sorry you had to put up with someone who hasn't learned to keep their opinions to themselves.

This kind of thing just reminds me that so many problems in the world just come down to people not having what should be common sense self awareness. How DENSE does someone have to be to seemingly go OUT of his way to continue on deconstructing someone else's religious beliefs, all in a disrespectful manner to their face. If the tables were turned how would he feel if he met someone that kept hounding on Christianity? Not too good I'd guess. This is all coming from a dyed in the wool Atheist/Materialist who has problems with ALL religions, especially the Abrahamic faiths, but in day to day contact I don't go deconstructing people's faiths to their faces, and in fact my good friend that I have contact with every day is a true believer born again. How is that possible? Cuz I have a bare minimum of self awareness and know that wouldn't be conducive to regular day to day operations in the world, not to mention it's pretty Zod-Damned rude.

This kind of thing just reminds me that so many problems in the world just come down to people not having what should be common sense self awareness. How DENSE does someone have to be to seemingly go OUT of his way to continue on deconstructing someone else's religious beliefs, all in a disrespectful manner to their face. If the tables were turned how would he feel if he met someone that kept hounding on Christianity? Not too good I'd guess. This is all coming from a dyed in the wool Atheist/Materialist who has problems with ALL religions, especially the Abrahamic faiths, but in day to day contact I don't go deconstructing people's faiths to their faces, and in fact my good friend that I have contact with every day is a true believer born again. How is that possible? Cuz I have a bare minimum of self awareness and know that wouldn't be conducive to regular day to day operations in the world, not to mention it's pretty Zod-Damned rude.

What is a Materialist, please? :)

XB, that guy was just a d**k. I don't care what you believe, as long as you believe in it wholeheartedly.

What is a Materialist, please? :)

Well it's not about retail therapy. :word:

Touch a table in your dining room. Touch the ground. run your hands over the skin on your arm. Feel the texture of the food going down your throat. All that, every single person you've met, every molecule of air you have ever inhaled, every tree, every drop of rain... All of it has it's origin in the heart of a nuclear fusion reactor, a star, and it took billions of years for it all to be produced and billions more for it eventually become you and the world you know and are a part of. The reality of THAT, that you are the a product of the ongoing process of the universe while still caught up in the flow of that totality... I think that's the truth of it all pretty much. I believe that all religions and philosophies to live by come from the psyche of people, and these views helped and continue to help people in finding meaning and value in this thing we call life, but I am sorry to say I don't think there is truth, absolute truth there, but more a reflection of our own collective minds. As it stands, right now, I see it that indeed the reality of this physical world simply IS and likely there is nothing beyond it. I don't think that negates the infinite inner world of the human animal, our emotions, our dreams, our "spiritual sides" if you will, but I think we should reckon with the reality and immensity of the Universe as it is and not as we would like it to be. Thus I like to refer to myself as a Materialist, since I am made of the same stuff as the Universe which is all that ever was and probably all that ever will be. Matter and Energy can be neither created nor ever truly destroyed but it may change form.

That long winded philosophical BS is just how I see it.

Well it's not about retail therapy. :word:

Touch a table in your dining room. Touch the ground. run your hands over the skin on your arm. Feel the texture of the food going down your throat. All that, every single person you've met, every molecule of air you have ever inhaled, every tree, every drop of rain... All of it has it's origin in the heart of a nuclear fusion reactor, a star, and it took billions of years for it all to be produced and billions more for it eventually become you and the world you know and are a part of. The reality of THAT, that you are the a product of the ongoing process of the universe while still caught up in the flow of that totality... I think that's the truth of it all pretty much. I believe that all religions and philosophies to live by come from the psyche of people, and these views helped and continue to help people in finding meaning and value in this thing we call life, but I am sorry to say I don't think there is truth, absolute truth there, but more a reflection of our own collective minds. As it stands, right now, I see it that indeed the reality of this physical world simply IS and likely there is nothing beyond it. I don't think that negates the infinite inner world of the human animal, our emotions, our dreams, our "spiritual sides" if you will, but I think we should reckon with the reality and immensity of the Universe as it is and not as we would like it to be. Thus I like to refer to myself as a Materialist, since I am made of the same stuff as the Universe which is all that ever was and probably all that ever will be. Matter and Energy can be neither created nor ever truly destroyed but it may change form.

That long winded philosophical BS is just how I see it.

I don't think of it as BS. I'm glad to learn something new. Thanks for explaining it in simple terms for me. :D

We should create the Church of Zod, just to legitimize the use of "Zoddamned" :hehe:

Salaam, Baneful.

Discussions like these bring up the thought of:
"If that was true, then how do we exist? Won't older generations possibly severe one of or more of my ancestors, and with it the chance of me existing?"

The problem is if the other end thinks these thoughts are smartarse replies, and prolong the conversation in the wrong way.
You made the smart choice ignoring the jerk.
The dentist doesn't know when something like this will happen.
Such a situation could occur in the supermarket, or in a subway cart.

Aww, that sucks.

I get this sometimes from other Christian denominations. I'm Catholic, so I get a lot of, "Oh, so you're not really a Christian", and then they talk about saving my soul or whatnot. OR, conversely, if they are not religious, I get to hear someone yap at me at how my religion has ruined All The Things.

People suck. Sorry you had to put up with someone who hasn't learned to keep their opinions to themselves.

well said on both posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"