Do You Smoke.

I think he was being sarcastic. I hope so at least.

Wow people hate smokers.

I smoke. All the time. I smoke where I am allowed to smoke (which is getting ot be smaller and smaller every year, really they are trying to take away letting me smoke in my car? F that) I don't smoke around people that don't smoke, I don't blow smoke at people, I see a baby when I'm smoking I put it out. I am a considerate smoker.

My clothes don't stink, my body doesn't stink (I get complimented all the time about how good I smell, which is very bizarre to me) My house will never be yellow tinted because I smoke outside.

I guess I just don't get these self righteous people who are pretentious enough to think they are so much better then me because they don't smoke. You're not. Stop acting like it. You can take your "facts" that you found on some biased anti smoking web page and preach them to someone else. I smoke. I'm going to keep smoking. And I'll quite when I want to (probably when packs go above $8, I gotta draw a line somewhere)

Haha!

Liquor can kill a person in one day if they drink enough... it's called alcohol poisoning. You're very misinformed... the internet doesn't always tell the truth.
He did say, "With self control". However, you went the extremist route. Alcohol in moderation is nowhere near as addictive as cigarettes.

I'm just going to put this here.
http://www1.umn.edu/perio/tobacco/nicaddct.html
Nicotine Addiction Drug Addiction Includes the Following:

• Physiological dependence:

• Tolerance
  • Dependence
  • Withdrawal symptoms

• Psychological dependence:
Smokers continue to smoke for a number of psychological reasons:

• Stimulation

• Tension reduction

• Handling

• Habit

• Pleasurable relaxation

• Craving

• Sociocultural Factors:

• Social activity
  • Numerous daily rituals
  • Family origin and cultural practices
Human genetics, early family experiences, environmental factors and societal influences appear to work together in complex ways, to set the addictive cycle in motion. At times tobacco can act as a stimulant and at other times it may produce tranquilizing effects.

Nicotine combines with a number of neurotransmitters in the brain and may contribute to the following effects:
Dopamine:

Pleasure, suppress appetite
Norepinephrine:
Arousal, suppress appetite
Acetylcholine:
Arousal, cognitive enhancement
Vasopressin:
Memory improvement
Serotonin:
Mood modulation, suppress appetite
Beta-endorphin:
Reduce anxiety / tension

Tobacco is as addictive as heroin (as a mood & behavior altering agent).
  • Nicotine is:
    • 1000 X more potent than alcohol
    • 10-100 X more potent than barbiturates
    • 5-10 X more potent than cocaine or morphine
  • A 1-2 pack per day smoker takes 200-400 hits daily for years. This constant intake of a fast acting drug (which affects mood, concentration & performance).. eventually produces dependence.
Pressures to relapse are both behaviorally & pharmacologically triggered.
Quitting involves a significantly serious psychological loss... a serious life style change.
Possible withdrawal symptoms (after stopping tobacco use):

• Irritability, anger, hostility, anxiety, nervousness, panic, poor concentration, disorientation, lightheadedness, sleep disturbances, constipation, mouth ulcers, dry mouth, sore throat-gums- or tongue, pain in limbs, sweating, depression, fatigue, fearfulness, sense of loss, craving tobacco, hunger, and coughing (body getting rid of the mucus clogging the lungs).
  • Symptoms may last from a few weeks to several months. After withdrawal subsides... urges for nicotine (for the effects of the drug) occur in response to all kinds of cues to smoke or chew.

Wow people hate smokers.

I smoke. All the time. I smoke where I am allowed to smoke (which is getting ot be smaller and smaller every year, really they are trying to take away letting me smoke in my car? F that) I don't smoke around people that don't smoke, I don't blow smoke at people, I see a baby when I'm smoking I put it out. I am a considerate smoker.

My clothes don't stink, my body doesn't stink (I get complimented all the time about how good I smell, which is very bizarre to me) My house will never be yellow tinted because I smoke outside.

I guess I just don't get these self righteous people who are pretentious enough to think they are so much better then me because they don't smoke. You're not. Stop acting like it. You can take your "facts" that you found on some biased anti smoking web page and preach them to someone else. I smoke. I'm going to keep smoking. And I'll quite when I want to (probably when packs go above $8, I gotta draw a line somewhere)
I just want to respond to a couple parts.

One, I figures you don't stink because it would seem you smoke in a well ventilated area.

Two, I wonder if you told yourself you would quit when cigarettes hit $5.00/pack?

Three, I don't hate smokers, I hate cigarettes. These little cancer sticks have ruined enough lives. And I don't mean just the lives of the smokers, but also the lives of the families of the smokers. The one's the smokers leave behind. The ones who have to watch their loved one, basically, slowly kill themselves. The ones who have to take care of the smokers when their health eventually fails.

Before he responds, congratulations to Gentleman Owl for being one of the few people who can somehow avoid the massively addictive properties of nicotine. However, the majority of smokers are not so gifted.

Last edited:
Just about everyone says "I'll quit drinking/gambling/smoking/whatever later!" :doh:

Two, I wonder if you told yourself you would quit when cigarettes hit $5.00/pack?

no, my cutoff has always been $8. Hell, $7 is pushing it, but $8 is the limit.

And I don't want to quit right now. I don't feel the need to. I have no health problems. I have no reason to quit. I enjoy smoking. I enjoy coffee and cigarettes, I enjoy coffe and alcohol. Now I know whats coming next, I've heard it a million times before. Oh so your going to quit when you start getting health problems, thats not really smart. And all I can say is, yeah its not. So what?

And the other thing about quitting. I'm not saying I'm just going to quit. I know its going to be hard. I'm not stupid. I know I'm addicted, congrats big tobacco you won. Its going to be a struggle when I decide its time for ME to stop smoking. I know that, obviously.

And last but not least, all these facts and statistics, do you think we as smokers don't know all this? Like you're going to teach me something today that will just turn my life around and make me realize smoking is bad for me. No. I know smoking is bad for me. But I do it anyway because I can. I'm not sitting here trying to convince you to start smoking, so why do people feel the need to sit there and try to convince me to stop?

True story, my dad was a smoker. He worked construction, so he'd be up everymorning super early and leave for work. his morning ritual was to wake up, make a cup of coffee, and then use me and my sisters bathroom to light up a cigarette and blast a #2. EVERY MORNING FOR 18 YEARS. Now, buythe time I'd get up to get ready for school, that disgusting mixture of smells would be nice and ripe and I'd have to sit there and comb my hair and brush my teeth while having to endure it. It was disgusting obviously. It was so disgusting, I said to myslef I would never start smoking. Well fast forward to when I'm 19 and working at a grocery store. For some reason they put me on the night crew wotking from midnight to 9am, for one week only. Now that meant "Lunch" was at 4am. Breaks were at 2am and 6am. Every single person on the night crew smoked, there wasn't really much else to do at 2am at a grocery store. So naturally, I started smoking. I actually enjoyed it, and have been smoking to this day. I am now 26. What does this have to with anything? Nothing. I just wanted to share my Heffer Wolf's Origins: Smoking with all of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"