Oh you Smoke? Employers getting strict on hiring Smokers.

My fiance is the same re: doctors, but hey, when your wrist is broken and you need to get a cast on it and some vicodin, you'll do anything. :o

Oddly enough, reminds me of former NFL player Jimmy Hitchcock. Played college and NFL, but with no ACL's in either knee. Busted his knees growing up and couldn't afford a doctor, so they just ''healed'' on their on.

Most or nearly all Libertarians basically want Big Govt to give their power to the states or businesses.
Then why do you have a problem with businesses hiring who they want? What you're advocating is taking power out of the hands of businesses and into the regulatory powers of the government.

And this might shock you, but I do certain illegal drugs. I'm playing devil's advocate here, to an extent. You go out of your way to remind everyone, almost literally on a daily basis, that you're a third party, Libertarian guy. I'm just trying to hold you to your own convictions.

Then why do you have a problem with businesses hiring who they want? What you're advocating is taking power out of the hands of businesses and into the regulatory powers of the government.

And this might shock you, but I do certain illegal drugs. I'm playing devil's advocate here, to an extent. You go out of your way to remind everyone, almost literally on a daily basis, that you're a third party, Libertarian guy. I'm just trying to hold you to your own convictions.

Because...I don't trust the businesses to not abuse that power. It won't be Big Govt in your life, but Big Business is what I am saying.

-_- why would I be shock you do illegal things? You can do whatever you want to your body for all I care.

Yeah, well, sooner or later I'll tone that down, cause it's the smart thing to do.

Because...I don't trust the businesses to not abuse that power. It won't be Big Govt in your life, but Big Business is what I am saying.

-_- why would I be shock you do illegal things? You can do whatever you want to your body for all I care.

Yeah, well, sooner or later I'll tone that down, cause it's the smart thing to do.
Nobody's making you work at Big Business, ETM. It's you who's always applying for jobs at Target and Walmart and the like. :cwink:

Nobody's making you work at Big Business, ETM. It's you who's always applying for jobs at Target and Walmart and the like. :cwink:

:o non-sense, Target is cool. They even had...a episode dedicated to them in Cougar Town. They hip. :cwink:.

Cougar Town sold out with that episode oh well.

Why, they so cool. I played hide and go seek there once. Told my niece and her friend to find me in the store. :dry: I snuck outside cause I'm a cheater.

So no one is concerned that Big and/or Small Business may overstep their power with this?

Okay then.

If I were a Big or small business owner and was told I now have the option of not hiring smokers. I would need a set of guidelines or rules from the state or Federal Govt, otherwise, I would feel I have the power to dictate my worker's choice of freedoms in their personal lives. From small things like using legal drugs to risks like playing a sport or a extreme sport to big things like having kids.

Of course maybe I am just being silly goose...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"