Do you still watch Fantastic Four?

J Alba's Lover said:
i knew what it meant. it was suppose to be taken as a joke.

Alittle overused....doesn't work these days...

J Alba's Lover said:
what jokes are overused these days?

*SIGHS* the Dino from Flinstones when anyone types DINO around here....:rolleyes:

well i didn't know people did that. and plus its stupid to call something like that. i think.

I watched a few of scenes from the movie tonight.

Matter of fact...I watched (bought) it for the 1st time last night. And based on a combination of the negative things I had heard about "FF" and my high expectations (based on the X-Films, S-M1 & 2 and "Batman Begins"), I was absolutely amazed at how much I enjoyed the film! There were a couple slow parts, and I would've (personally) done Doom a different way, but I thought overall it was a good movie. The backstory didn't take too long (yes, figuring out their powers took almost the whole movie, but that was fun, and the accident happened at the beginning), Doom's history was condensed (though I have the feeling that more of his story will flesh itself out in Latveria) and we had some good action scenes.

The only part I had a problem with was Ben being "cured," then deciding to "reverse" the process.

I love my best friend to death, but would I have done that? Probably not (probably would've tried to figure out a different way). That just leaves open the possibility that they could "cure" themselves any time they want. I would've liked to have seen a scenario where they're still searching, rather than having the answer and choosing to ignore it.

Overall, I think they did the F4 a damn good service, especially CG-wise. Could've done a lot worse. Hopefully when the second one begins, we can go balls-to-the-wall with action.

humbly submitted by a Superman board dude...

Tron5000 said:
Matter of fact...I watched (bought) it for the 1st time last night. And based on a combination of the negative things I had heard about "FF" and my high expectations (based on the X-Films, S-M1 & 2 and "Batman Begins"), I was absolutely amazed at how much I enjoyed the film! There were a couple slow parts, and I would've (personally) done Doom a different way, but I thought overall it was a good movie. The backstory didn't take too long (yes, figuring out their powers took almost the whole movie, but that was fun, and the accident happened at the beginning), Doom's history was condensed (though I have the feeling that more of his story will flesh itself out in Latveria) and we had some good action scenes.

The only part I had a problem with was Ben being "cured," then deciding to "reverse" the process.

I love my best friend to death, but would I have done that? Probably not (probably would've tried to figure out a different way). That just leaves open the possibility that they could "cure" themselves any time they want. I would've liked to have seen a scenario where they're still searching, rather than having the answer and choosing to ignore it.

Overall, I think they did the F4 a damn good service, especially CG-wise. Could've done a lot worse. Hopefully when the second one begins, we can go balls-to-the-wall with action.

humbly submitted by a Superman board dude...

Welcome to the F4 board Supes board dude...:)

I watched it again a couple of weeks ago....it was fun as usual.

C. Lee said:
I watched it again a couple of weeks ago....it was fun as usual.

Yeah, it was alot of fun watching w/ my students...we did the whole popcorn thing and all.....they had a good time.

The big question they had to answer was "Which scene was actually filmed in New York, City w/ the actor or actors?" when I realized that some actually had the DVD at home, and Jessica mentions it, well that screwed up my question thingy...lol

JMAfan said:
Yeah, it was alot of fun watching w/ my students...we did the whole popcorn thing and all.....they had a good time.

The big question they had to answer was "Which scene was actually filmed in New York, City w/ the actor or actors?" when I realized that some actually had the DVD at home, and Jessica mentions it, well that screwed up my question thingy...lol
it's the scene at the newstand where she runs away from the people and goes invisible and takes her clothe off right?

So, JMAfan, are you a school teacher?

We NEVER get to watch any good movie in our school. It sucks.
I want to watch Spider-Man, X-Men, or Fantastic Four in class.

webhead731 said:
So, JMAfan, are you a school teacher?

We NEVER get to watch any good movie in our school. It sucks.
I want to watch Spider-Man, X-Men, or Fantastic Four in class.

Yes I am, we took our state tests alittle while ago, and the students that finished were sent to my room...while the others finised their tests....so during that time I popped in F4 and we watched it....just to give them a chance to chill...and it kept them quiet which I was told was my main duty at the time...lol

We never get rewards like that lol.

I would love to watch a Marvel movie in school.

webhead731 said:
We never get rewards like that lol.

I would love to watch a Marvel movie in school.

Not only did they get to watch it, it was on my wall with my projector...so it was about 20 ft. x 20 ft....they enjoyed it......only heard good things....:)

As much as I liked FF, who could watch it every day a year later?

webhead731 said:
How old are the kids?

They range from 14 to 18...I teach Freshmen 14 -- 16, but I had several age groups for that day...

webhead731 said:
14-18 is good if they liked it.
There were 4 teachers in the room besides me as well....it was fun!

I watched scenes of it this morning before school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"