We got to have a Silver Surfer movie!

ron bond 007

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm really into Silver Surfer because it's similar to Star Wars and Green Lantern and he can fly across the entire cosmos with his surfboard and the power cosmic and can kick ass in space battles. I hear that 20th century fox is developing a solo Silver Surfer movie and according to Imdb it may come out in 2012. I feel there's great potetnial for a Silver Surfer trilogy or franchise. The first movie could deal with his origin and his first journey across the cosmos and his exile on his earth by Galactus and end with Silver Surfer breaking free from Earth's gravity with the help of a cameo from the Fantastic Four and sequels could deal with the Surfer taking part in the Kree-Skrull War,battling Thanos or SuperSkrull.

A Silver Surfer movie franchise would be just as awesome as the original Star Wars trilogy. I hope Silver Surfer does come out in 2012 but I hear that Fox has to reboot Fantastic Four first. But there's no reason there can't be a Silver Surfer movie made now. C'MON FOX BRING THE SILVER SURFER BACK IN HIS OWN MOVIE ON THE BIG SCREEN AND IN 3D EVEN!

:woot::awesome::yay:

I'm kinda meh on a Silver Surfer movie. He was one of the only bright spots in FF2, but i dont think he could hold his own movie.

BTW, Silver Surfer cant touch the Original Star Wars Trilogy

Whatever gets Galactus on screen I'll get behind it.

If anybody in producer land is really thinking about a Silver Surfer movie, I'm sure they are waiting to see how well (or not well) Green Lantern does in the BO.

Love the Silver Surfer but not sure he's big screen material (as the central figure in a movie). He's just tooooo dry.

Well they was suppose to come a spin-off and the script was written by J. Michael Straczynski but the project hasn't moved forward since that.

Silver Surfer is a wonderful character and the potential for visuals and fantasy is off the charts.
That would have been the character for Ang Lee to take on.

An Aronofsky directed Silver Surfer film would blow my mind!

Silver Surfer movie would be great and as long as it is set in space it is the one superhero movie that could be completely CGI. No human characters needed.

I love the Silver Surfer and a big screen treatment is something he is certainly deserving of. I agree that it could essentially be all CGI. Marvel has a great selection of ET's to choose from.

Personally what I'd like to see is this:
a) SS escapes the bounds of his earthly imprisonment. (During this process there could be a flashback to his origin.)

b) He encounters Terrax, Galactus' new herald, and learns that after being defeated by him that Galactus is en route to Zenn-La to consume it. He also learns that there have been other heralds after him and prior to Terrax. (This could all be part of Terrax's big bad guy brag.)

c) He then seeks out these other heralds(Airwalker, Firelord, & Nova).

d) They team up and duke it out with Terrax and Galactus in a big showdown to save Zenn-La.

Live-action, CGI, or animation......I don't care. I'll take it.

I like all the Star Wars movies but this.........this would make me drool if this or something like it were to happen.

It would also be cool if the Silver Surfer take on the Kree and Skrull armadas like in SS Volume 3 issues 25,26 and issue 31. THAT WOULD MAKE ME DROOL!

:woot::hrt::awesome::yay:

Well they was suppose to come a spin-off and the script was written by J. Michael Straczynski but the project hasn't moved forward since that.

I think JMS is an incredible sci-fi writer. If he was involved & nothing has happened, I hope noone else goes forward with it.

Kinda funny, at the end of FF2, I thought we were going to get a Silver Surfer movie. Surprised it hasn't been made yet.

depending on how gl does fox might dust him off. also seeing the silver surfer in the ff movie was the best part. i loved seeing him fly out of earth's orbit

Silver Surfer in a solo movie? Would be good with the right director,story,etc... BUT PLEASE NO 3D!!! Why is everybody on the 3D bandwagon?!?! Over half of the movies out now in that medium ain't worth the cost of the glasses. Do like DC & WB with The Dark Knight-make a visually stunning 2D film & release it on IMAX screens.

ron bond 007 said:
We got to have a Silver Surfer movie!

Yes we did get to have one. It was called "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer." :oldrazz:

I assume you meant "We've got to have a Silver Surfer movie." ;)

I don't think Silver Surfer can work in a solo movie; he's better as a supporting character in movies like FF2.

I don't think Silver Surfer can work in a solo movie; he's better as a supporting character in movies like FF2.

sure he can. all he needs is a good story, same as any character. look at how the cosmic characters were revived by marvel. most people had forgotten about nova,quasar, guardians of the galaxy, and so on. all he needs is a good story. watching the surfer cruising the cosmos would be great. if the green lantern movie does weil, im sure fox will dust off the silver surfer.

I'd like to see a Silver Surfer movie. I think they could really develop that character into a solo character.
I don't know how much the Green Lantern will do for the Silver Surfer, though. I always envisioned Silver Surfer as having a darker story and it sounds like the Green Lantern is going to be a little hokey.

Silver Surfer in a solo movie? Would be good with the right director,story,etc... BUT PLEASE NO 3D!!! Why is everybody on the 3D bandwagon?!?! Over half of the movies out now in that medium ain't worth the cost of the glasses. Do like DC & WB with The Dark Knight-make a visually stunning 2D film & release it on IMAX screens.

I don't understand 3D either. The glasses are so awkward and I'm always taking them off and on to see the difference. It distracts from the movie on an epic level.

urgh, I hate contacts! My optimitrist and I tried them once and she had to restrain me in the chair because I kept flinching or blinking when she was putting them in. I'm fairly certain I was one of her horror stories.

Someone should come up with 3D laser eye surgery. Then you can see EVERYTHING in 3D!

:o:cwink:

3d doesn't bother me, as long as the movie doesn't use 3d as a gimmick like making things shoot out toward the camera. i don't watch movies in 3d and can't think of a movie i ever saw in 3d. i watch them in 2d and on blu ray. you don't have to watch in 3d but to deny someone else the choice seems a bit selfish.

So what's going on with this? Will a Silver Surfer movie still happen? Could the rights revert to Marvel? Why did Fox announce directors for FF and Daredevil but not this?

My guess is it's defunct but I still want to hear people's thoughts on a Silver Surfer movie. Would you want to see it? Who would you like to see as a cast?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"