do you think reed richards can really cure ben grimm?

GoldenAgeHero

Avenger
Reaction score
i think he can, if this guy can build a portal traveling into dimensions and build an invention on the spot, im so freakin sure he can find a cure ben grimm. seriously all the **** reed has built in the past, really proves that he doesnt have an excuse why he can't cure ben grimm. i also think in new avengers illumanti #1 what reed said was BS.

The thing is, building an inter dimensional portal and curing Ben are two completely different sciences. Interdimensional portal is physics and engineering. Curing Ben is chemistry and biology.

In theory he should be able to. But for the sake of the comic he can't.

Its one of those things you have to let slide.

gildea said:
In theory he should be able to. But for the sake of the comic he can't.

Its one of those things you have to let slide.

exactly. the whole crap about what he said in in the illumnatti special was complete BS. it for the sake of the comics not becasue reed richards can't. his whole excuse is just stupid.

and question dont give me that bs, reed richard have proven in the past that he understand bio and chemistry extremly well.

GoldenAgeHero said:
and question dont give me that bs, reed richard have proven in the past that he understand bio and chemistry extremly well.

When? Because, he's always seemed like a physics guy to me.

GoldenAgeHero said:
exactly. the whole crap about what he said in in the illumnatti special was complete BS. it for the sake of the comics not becasue reed richards can't. his whole excuse is just stupid.

I don't think it's BS though it's just inconsistant. However it's an inconsistancy we HAVE to live with for the sake of the character as such it doesn't bother me. We can hardly have reed turn round and say "for the sake of the comic i can't cure you" after all can we? (though i conceed they did say that in 1602 but that was a mini so i suppose u can get away with that).

Byrne had a good in-story reason for why none of the cures for Ben ever "took". Basically he wouldn't allow himself to be cured because he subconciously believed Alicia Masters only loved him while he was the Thing. This was way back when Ben and Alicia were pretty much a permanent couple. Doesn't really hold any water in the present day, though.

i think maybe if reed cured ben as far as he can turn his power on and off at will would work,we still get the thing in battle mode,but also Reed has fixed him as to being ben grimm again...

It is possible that Reed just can't figure out how to cure him. I mean, the guy can't be smart enough to fix everything.

He's cured him several times and Ben has got him to reverse it for a number of different reasons. None of these "cures" will work twice.

- Whirly

Maybe so,maybe somethings are just meant to be that way.

Colossal Spoons said:
The Hulk needs to be cured more so than Thing.

He also has been cured before Hulk 250, first series by the Silver Surfer for one!

- Whirly

For the sake of story, he cant. Ben Grimm has to be The Thing, if he isnt hes not really that fantastic and doesnt serve a purpose. And please no Thing ring.

Darthphere said:
For the sake of story, he cant. Ben Grimm has to be The Thing, if he isnt hes not really that fantastic and doesnt serve a purpose. And please no Thing ring.

exactly.

lets suspend our disbelief people.

He should be able to. But like everyone said before me, that would make fer a sucky F4.

He cured him quite a few times. Rock SP pretty much summed it up. Ben is the only thing keeping himself the Thing. Ben is a glutton for low self esteem.

Whirlysplat said:
He also has been cured before Hulk 250, first series by the Silver Surfer for one!

- Whirly
I didn't know that. I'll have to look up that issue.

Eh, never really been into the Hulk to begin with. So I wouldn't really care. Do they become separate entitys or is he like completely cured?

I meant in your version of Banner being "cured"?

I could get on board with the personalitys being separated into two entitys. Banner having to look out for the Hulk who is more of a big child now. Maybe it's already been done, but I wouldn't mind if that happened.

actually the child thing is exactly what i would go for. sort of like whats going on with firestorm. banner teaching hulk had to be beter they would work together. but i dont know what would happen with the grey hulk personality.

Anubis said:
I meant in your version of Banner being "cured"?

I could get on board with the personalitys being separated into two entitys. Banner having to look out for the Hulk who is more of a big child now. Maybe it's already been done, but I wouldn't mind if that happened.

I've always thought it would be better if someone made Bruce realize Hulk is a part of him (ala Ultimate Hulk v. Wolverine, though I did write a story about this happening before that). After all, it would make sense since all this business of "curing" him would only exacerbate what is essentially a psychological problem (taking on physical form) but being treated as some kind of exterior illness.

Make Bruce make peace with his anger and then have some Joe Fixit/Intelligent hulk fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"