Do you think the Red Skull will return?

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by cleverusername8, Aug 20, 2012.

1. cleverusername8

cleverusername8 Well-Known Member

Since he's obviously alive. I highly doubt he's been recruited by Thanos (like Loki) but after seeing that episode of the Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes that explores the Winter Soldier I'm wondering if they'll adapt some of those ideas.

It'd be especially interesting to see Fury's vendetta against the WS and use that explanation for losing his eye. Only if they choose to go that route of course.

Do think this is likely or even possible?

2. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

Making WS responsible for Fury's lost eye seems like a very bad idea - it only serves to make the universe seem smaller and less complex. A bit George Lucasy. It's better to keep the main characters' histories mostly separate, as it helps to make the whole thing feel more vibrant and alive

Also I think Red Skull's return will probably be the focus of Cap 3. RS and WS both showing up again in Cap's life at roughly the same time is sorta cheesy

3. MarvelKnight

MarvelKnight Well-Known Member

Maybe they do something post credits, but I don't think he'll show up in the movie itself. Still hoping for Zemo.

4. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

I don't think Skully will be a part of CATWS at all, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's teased in the post-creds for Cap 3.

My own personal theory is that Skully went to the part of the galaxy that Thanos calls his throne at the end of CATFA, and the post-cred for CATWS will show him as Thanos' servant, getting ready to visit his old pal Steve for Cap 3.

5. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

^yeah?

lol I just don't see the Skull being anyone's servant

6. Spider-Vader

Spider-Vader Mercin' & Workin'

I don't want to see Skull in this movie, let Zemo or Strucker be the villain this time. Have Red Skull's glorious return be in Cap 3.

7. cherokeesam

With Thanos, it's not like anyone has a choice. :yay:

But I could see it more as a business arrangement, just like he made with Loki. Only Loki was actually being used and manipulated the whole time without even realizing it; and I could see Thanos doing the same to Red Skull.

8. Project862006

Project862006 Well-Known Member

apparently not with weaving lol

Hugo Weaving, says he doesn't have any desire to reprise the character...at all.

http://collider.com/hugo-weaving-the-hobbit-trilogy-interview/203015/

9. Avenger

Avenger Earth's Mightiest Fanboy

If Weaving signed on for multiple pictures and they want him back, then in all likelihood he will be back.

Either way, I don't anticipate seeing Red Skull again until Cap 3 either.

10. KangConquers

KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Mixed feelings. Hate recasts, but I really would rather see them terminate his contract than never use the Red Skull again. Red Skull isn't a one movie villain. He looms too large in Captain America's comic book legacy.

11. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

12. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

But considering Red Skull has transferred his body and mind multiple times, I think it's actually kind of easy to recast.

13. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Just recast him. No point bringing Hugo Weaving back if he really doesn't want to return.

I think Red Skull should return in the third Captain America movie.

14. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

Or even a future Avengers movie but ideally, having him back for the third one would make the series feel somewhat whole. Cap has a fairly short list of well-known foes so it's not going to be hard to get to most of them in the trilogy, although it would make the movies feel a little packed.

15. TheAQU4M4N

TheAQU4M4N K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

For some reason I guess watching the old Spidey cartoon in the 90s I was under the impression that he was the main villain for the avengers. I was so ignorant back then. I think Hugo is red skull and he shouldn't be recast but if he has a change of heart between now and the third movie starting production I'd be all for it.

16. M-2

M-2 Ultimate BAMF

Definitely think that Red Skull should return for the third film... With Cap now in the present, it will really keep the focus on Cap then have it become "Cap and friends"

Red Skull could certainly push Cap to his limits, especially if they bring in CrossBones... And if Weaving doesn't want to return, either recast or bring in Sin

17. cherokeesam

I definitely believe the character needs to (and will) return in Cap 3. And I'd rather see a recast with a more willing actor than see Weaving slog his way through it again with even less passion than he showed the first time.

18. KangConquers

KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

I'm not getting this whole "Weaving was awful" vibe that's floating around. I don't think the character met it's break out potential, but I'd say it was at the very least, a serviceable performance.

Apples and Oranges, since it's villain vs. hero, but I found Weaving's Red Skull better than Norton's Banner, which some posters claim was too good to let go of.

19. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

They can always get an actor who will be prepared to wear the Red Skull makeup full time, then that way it will be harder to tell that it isn't Hugo Weaving. His skull could easily have mutated or changed over the decades since the war.

20. cherokeesam

I never said Weaving was "awful," nor do I agree with that assessment; I just said that he lacked passion for the role. Which I forgive him for, since the writers made the role as stereotypical and one-dimensional as possible.

More to the point: Skully was whisked off to Somewhere Else for the past 70 years, and that place could have transformed him physically in a major way.

21. Symbiotic

Symbiotic Well-Known Member

I'm in the "re-cast the Skull" boat.

22. Slushy

Slushy Well-Known Member

Hugo Weaving is a tremendous actor and he was amazing as The Red Skull, but he comes off as one of those snobby elitist actors. I'm surprised he even did a comic book movie. Apparantly, he didn't give a sh** about the Transformers either. Damn shame if a re-cast happens.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  23. Mr.?

Mr.? Well-Known Member

Recast Red Skull if he's going to cry about it. I hope they cast Kevin Bacon because we know he can do a German villain (first class) and he's a great actor.

24. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

Disappointed about Weaving. Oh well.

25. Mr.?

Mr.? Well-Known Member

He's alright. He's never blown me away with his performances. I liked him as Red Skull but I don't like his snobby attitude so I hope they recast.