Do you think the Ultimate Universe will still be around 40-50 years from now?

I dont think the Ultimate and 616 Universes will be merged either,the continunity and events would be messed up.It cant be done,besides some fans might not like certian Ultimate things in 616.

Example-Ultimate Nick Fury,who is black.

TheSumOfGod said:
Do you think it has any staying power, that it will last as long as 616 already has, that one day our grandchildren will be picking up Ultimates 37 issue 1?

Personally, I think that a few years from now, when the Ultimate Universe will have become boring, when every 616 story will have been re-done and re-re-done, and sales will be dropping, they'll simply MERGE 616 and Ultimate continuities together in a "Crisis"-type event, and re-start Marvel all over again.

What do you think?

I too think this will happen. But i think they will just kind of pick and choose what they want to use out of each universe. It will allow them to make all characters young again. Ultimate wont replace 616 though. For example if a character is just flat out better and more well liked in ult. then they will use primarily (with a couple of tweaks) that character and vice versa if the 616 is better. Now if both do well like spidey they will frankenstein them together for the new spidey.

Jourmugand said:
I dont think the Ultimate and 616 Universes will be merged either,the continunity and events would be messed up.It cant be done,besides some fans might not like certian Ultimate things in 616.

Example-Ultimate Nick Fury,who is black.

Read my first post for how i think they will do what you think they can't. If you haven't learned by now marvel likes to piss us off.:mad: :spidey:

Well, I'm more concerned with whether or not I'm going to be around for another 40 or 50 years...or if this earth is still here 40 or 50 years into the future what with people shooting missles all over the place. :eek: And our president being the biggest, most redneck *****e bag in all of American history. But...back on topic....

No, I don't see it being around for another 40 or 50 years. Eventually it will fade out and be axed. Maybe it will be revisted again by newer writers or artists who enjoyed the Ultimate line...but I don't see it thriving for that long.

The regular universe had a hell of a time itself getting to 50 years.

But if the Ultimate Universe survives that long, God bless it. But I just don't see it.

When I said "merge", I meant that they would pick and choose what they like best from 616 and Ultimate. If they think Ultimate Cap is better than 616 Cap, they'll keep Ultimate Cap for the new re-started continuity, and if they think 616 Doctor Doom is better than Ultimate Doctor Doom, they'll keep 616 Doctor Doom (obviously, since Ultimate Doctor "goatlegs" Van Damme is pure s**t).

Darthphere said:
They wont merge the two.

Never say never. Marvel is the Fox Studios of the comic book industry, they go fast, cheap and stupid all of the time. Anything to increase sales. They brought back Bucky, with a cyborg arm. They had Gwen Stacy have sex with Norman Osborne and give birth to super-powered twins. Nothing is below them.

I fully expect them to bring Uncle Ben back from the dead any day now, and say that it was a Skrull in disguise that got killed years ago, and that Uncle Ben had been in cryogenic suspension for all these years. Or is it merely a CLONE of Uncle Ben? Clone Saga, the return. :rolleyes:

TheSumOfGod said:
Never say never. Marvel is the Fox Studios of the comic book industry, they go fast, cheap and stupid all of the time. Anything to increase sales. They brought back Bucky, with a cyborg arm. They had Gwen Stacy have sex with Norman Osborne and give birth to super-powered twins. Nothing is below them.

I fully expect them to bring Uncle Ben back from the dead any day now, and say that it was a Skrull in disguise that got killed years ago, and that Uncle Ben had been in cryogenic suspension for all these years. Or is it merely a CLONE of Uncle Ben? Clone Saga, the return. :rolleyes:

Yeah, replacing 616 Cap with Ultimate Cap wouldnt increase sales. Or replacing 616 Spidey with USM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"