What do you think will be the next DC/WB movie franchise?

Well, if you're going to count animated movies, DC has been releasing like three a year since, what, 2007?

Well, if you're going to count animated movies, DC has been releasing like three a year since, what, 2007?

But then people don't get to say bad things about WB/DC so it doesn't come up a lot.

Teen Titans.. go for the Harry Potter angle.. cast a group of relatively unknown younger actors, high school freshman age, have them (mostly) be the teen sidekicks of the adult heroes.. play it straight, but don't avoid humor altogether.. no camp.. Include a core of roughly 5 characters to begin with, but leave the ending open to eventually have other characters join, leave, etc.

At this point, a lot of idiots in the general audience would probably think it's a Clash of the Titans prequel or something.

WB would be stupid not to utilize G. Del Toro for a DC film since they have him under their wing with Pacific Rim.

Teen Titans.. go for the Harry Potter angle.. cast a group of relatively unknown younger actors, high school freshman age, have them (mostly) be the teen sidekicks of the adult heroes.. play it straight, but don't avoid humor altogether.. no camp.. Include a core of roughly 5 characters to begin with, but leave the ending open to eventually have other characters join, leave, etc.
I love this plan! I'm excited to be a part of it!

Why is it that bar batman D.C. can't produce a decent movie :cmad: ? I mean, come on, Marvel have done loads - I think that they are to scared to step away from the two big boys and when they do they it's a half hearted overly conservative affair so the thing is doomed to failiure through lack of commitment. I think they should blinking well get on with Wonder Woman and make it good and Olympian. It's high time that a woman got a decent movie (Supergirl obviously doesn't count lol) and as I understand it she is DCs third most popular character. That said I don't read DC so maybe others would be better. But whoever it is just do it already :doh: !

As much as I'd love to see Teen Titans or Wonder Woman work out, Doom Patrol or Lobo would get my vote for DC's next best franchise potential.

Seriously, what does Warner Bros/DC have planned for 2014? We already know what studios like Marvel, Pixar, and Disney have coming. I find it strange that there hasn't been a word about it.

It's been a while since I placed a good cast for the Flash. In honor of the Fastest Man Alive I decided to watch some movies and see who cold play who if WB gets their act together for such film.

main-andrew-lincoln.jpg
the_flash_by_alex_ross.jpg
Andrew Lincoln has been fighting the walkers for 2 seasons going on 3 this fall. He needs a break from killing walkers and looking for Carl. Put a white coat at work and a red suit for emergencies and the Flash is born.

CaptainColdOne.jpg
Evan Jones has been paying his dues in Hollywood for a while. Although he better known as Eminem's pal in 8 miles and Jarheads with Jake Gyllenhall, he has done some amazing work in the last few years in tv and film. I bet that if he could turn that charm into a machievelant weapon he could become the next DC Villain.

For a while I thought that Jonathan Rhys Meyer could make a great Aquaman. Then again, the public does not know Aquaman cause he's been ridiculed for almost 70 years. He has had some great stories in comic books and has been a major player for JLA.

600full-sam-worthington.jpg
1525578-6a00d8341c630a53ef010536139d24970b_800wi.jpg

The man needs no introduction, he has done some great movies and he has the Australian accent and the regal to play Aquaman. He's going to be working with James Cameron for 5 more years for the Avatar sequels might as well ask James to directed too ala Entorange.

laz-alonso-01.jpg
250px-BlackManta.jpg

Laz Alonzo played alonside Worthington in Avatar. Since he probably perished in Avatar and made a much better enemy of Sully than friend, maybe puting these two against each other again should Aquaman ever rises from the oceans.

From what I understand, DC are petrified of intorducing a chaaracter not in the public phsyche.

If they get over that little phobia, they'd be unstoppable. If they want more characters in the public psyche, they should make more movies.

They need to go with a Flash movie. People know the character; I don't know DC keeps thinking that they don't. Plus, he's gotten even more exposure over the past few years with the popularity of The Big Bang Theory and their frequent references to him.

Speaking of which, has Ryan Kwanten ever been suggested for The Flash (Wally)? I think he could be really great in that role.

I don't know what the next franchise will be, but I know I want it to be Aquaman.

^so do i but i think wb feels he is the most risky even more so than wonder woman solely due to his public perception

^so do i but i think wb feels he is the most risky even more so than wonder woman solely due to his public perception

They should look to Abrams's Star Trek to see the possibilities for an unpopular franchise.

I didn't think that film was as good as everybody said it was. I mean, I liked it but at the same time it was a bit, yeah, right, O.K., hmm, alternative universe O.K., oh look, Spock is sad (actually, when I was very very young I used to watch Star Trek and then there was several years break before I watched the Wrath of Khan, only to see my favourite character, Spock, die. I actually cried and didn't watch star trek again until last winter), yup, Spockl practical Kirk passionate, O.K. tentionless battle followed by desperate attempt to ratchet up tension with collapsing black hole (actually, did anybody see the HISHE take on this?). Not that great IMHO but I have a fealing a Flash movie might end up looking just like that.

^Whether ST was a great movie or not is a matter of opinion but it was definitely well liked by the GA. An Aquaman movie could use some of that goodwill.

At the same time most people of the GA's abiding memory of aquaman is of Steve Carrel stretching a condom over his hand before say in a stange voice "I ahm Ahquahmahn" :hehe: ! As has been mentioned before, perhaps flash might be better due to his exposure in The Big Bang Theory.

to be honest I have to agree with that article posted on this site about DC entertainment needs to do with their movies. I have to agree with it, that the only way WB and DC can break through this barrier is if they do a Wonder Woman film. If Superman is successful and with the success of Nolan's Batman films it seems right that they go with WW and establish the trinity. Since WW is the third most popular and probably well known Superhero of the DC universe if they get her right (barring the pilot) and make a successful movie it may spur them to do the same with others. But then again, this could apply to any of their characters but I feel that WW would be the best push.

I think a Wonder Woman movie would be terrific if they did it properly!

If they get over that little phobia, they'd be unstoppable. If they want more characters in the public psyche, they should make more movies.

exactly. I'm not really into the marvel vs dc thing, but an unbiased fan, they've got the three most icon superheroes ever in supes bats and wondy. the only character on their level from marvel's pov is spider-man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"