What do you think will be the next DC/WB movie franchise?

I think WB/DC is working at a fair/regular pace. They're really giving us a share amount so far. Think about it.

2004 - Catwoman
2005 - Batman Begins
2005 - V For Vendetta
2005 - Constantine
2006 - Superman Returns
2007 - 300
2008 - The Dark Knight
2009 - Watchmen
2010 - Jonah Hex
2011 - Green Lantern
2012 - The Dark Knight Rises

They've given us something every single year since 2004.
Granted, half of them are terrible, but they're sure as hell making these movies at a fair pace. Compare to Marvel:

2008 - Iron Man
2008 - The Incredible Hulk
2010 - Iron Man 2
2011 - Thor
2011 - Captain America
2012 - The Avengers

Really, WB/DC was focusing on giving one-shot stories their own films, stories that get no sequels like Watchmen and V For Vendetta.

DC's Biggest Mistake:
Their biggest mistake was three points -
1. Nolan's Batman Trilogy is its own thing.
2. Superman Returns wrote itself into a corner and rehashed the old series.
3. Green Lantern underperformed.

We can't even count #1 because we're all grateful for this trilogy. :yay:

So really, if they heal the wounds with Man of Steel, we're already on our way to fixing these problems with a Green Lantern and Batman reboot.

I really don't see any of this as a problem. A Justice League universe is easier than we think.

Give us The Flash, and let's go from there. Baby steps. The Flash is the smartest move they could make right now.

Hell, you know what? They could even skip the individual movies, and just make three movies that round everything together:

1. Justice League: The Brave and the Bold
The Flash and Green Lantern (scenes with Martian Manhunter)

2. Justice League: World's Finest
Batman and Superman

3. Justice League: Trinity
Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman

4. Justice League: Crisis
The Finale -- All 5 Together, and adding Martian Manhunter and Aquaman

Martian Manhunter could be the "Nick Fury" who appears briefly in every single movie.

WB/DC is obviously afraid of giving Wonder Woman her own movie (for whatever reason), so cushion her with Batman and Superman.

The Flash and Green Lantern are obviously not "hot" properties to the studios, so play it safe and combine them, and give people more excitement by seeing their team-up.

I'm telling you, Trinity alone would be monumental. They're the three greatest (and first) superheroes of all-time. Imagine seeing a World's Finest movie ahead of time.

Making solo WW and Falsh movie each for 130 and 149 mil. is not that costly, WB has spent money on many movies that were never going to be successful in past, like Ant Bully and Catwoman.

At least in case of Flash and WW, there is a guarantee that they will be received well, if they make it close enough to the source material.

If WB feels that WW alone cannot ensure Box Office Success, than make a team up movie with Wonder Woman and some other DC hero, for example Green Arrow.

The only person Wonder Woman should be teamed with is Batman & Superman.

Green Lantern doesn't need another reboot? Just have another movie he's featured in be a spiritual successor to the original and go from there. Like Hulk and TIH.

ЯɘvlveR;23429071 said:
thanos was a rip off of darkseid. didn't stop marvel from putting him in a film.

Darkseid has little ( practically no ) GA exposure. Mr Freeze, by contrast, is well known.

I think WB/DC is working at a fair/regular pace. They're really giving us a share amount so far. Think about it.

2004 - Catwoman
2005 - Batman Begins
2005 - V For Vendetta
2005 - Constantine
2006 - Superman Returns
2007 - 300
2008 - The Dark Knight
2009 - Watchmen
2010 - Jonah Hex
2011 - Green Lantern

Granted, half of them are terrible, but they're sure as hell making these movies at a fair pace. Compare to Marvel:

2008 - Iron Man
2010 - Iron Man 2
2011 - Thor
2011 - Captain America
2012 - The Avengers

Really, WB/DC was focusing on giving one-shot stories their own films, stories that get no sequels like Watchmen and V For Vendetta.

DC's Biggest Mistake:

So really, if they heal the wounds with Man of Steel, we're already on our way to fixing these problems with a Green Lantern and Batman reboot.

I really don't see any of this as a problem. A Justice League universe is easier than we think.

Give us The Flash, and let's go from there. Baby steps. The Flash is the smartest move they could make right now.

Um, how the hell is Nolan's Batman being it's own thing a mistake?

I suspect because it reduces any potential progress towards a JL movie. Small price to pay if you ask me.

If thats a mistake I'd rather make it.

People seem to forget that batman, by itself has made a ton of money.

Hell, you know what? They could even skip the individual movies, and just make three movies that round everything together:

1. Justice League: The Brave and the Bold
The Flash and Green Lantern (scenes with Martian Manhunter)

2. Justice League: World's Finest
Batman and Superman

3. Justice League: Trinity
Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman

4. Justice League: Crisis
The Finale -- All 5 Together, and adding Martian Manhunter and Aquaman

Martian Manhunter could be the "Nick Fury" who appears briefly in every single movie.

WB/DC is obviously afraid of giving Wonder Woman her own movie (for whatever reason), so cushion her with Batman and Superman.

The Flash and Green Lantern are obviously not "hot" properties to the studios, so play it safe and combine them, and give people more excitement by seeing their team-up.

I'm telling you, Trinity alone would be monumental. They're the three greatest (and first) superheroes of all-time. Imagine seeing a World's Finest movie ahead of time.

I agree. I think that whatever WB decides to do, they most definitely should find a new way of bringing these characters together in way that doesnt seem like they are stealing Marvels ideas. That is of course easier said then done. They have to learn where Marvel had their key weakness' and then do something that doesnt fall into the same traps. A Trinity movie would be awesome but I dont like the idea of the Flash teaming up with Green Lantern (even if it is comic accurate) because I think that might stress some sort strange partnership to the general audience and they might end up seeing it in a hero and sidekick perspective. I think a Trinity movie would be great but have the sequel introduce Flash and Green Lantern and then have that progress into a full blown JL movie.

But a lot of Bat fans, who are unfamiliar with Captain Cold, will undoubtedly be screaming 'Mr. Freeze rip-off'.

I think Freeze has a more plausible chance of appearing again in Batman, than Cap'n Cold has at debuting in The Flash movie.

But a lot of Bat fans, who are unfamiliar with Captain Cold, will undoubtedly be screaming 'Mr. Freeze rip-off'.

I think Freeze has a more plausible chance of appearing again in Batman, than Cap'n Cold has at debuting in The Flash movie.
i think cap'n cold would be the splashy viilan to carry the film.i dont see trickster carry it on other good one is mirror master he would be good in 3-d

Flash needs at least three of his rogues in one movie. One person would be no challenge for him. They can all keep him off guard.

Flash is one of the few major heroes who could reasonably have a supervillain team-up in his first movie.

Flash needs at least three of his rogues in one movie. One person would be no challenge for him. They can all keep him off guard.
what do you do for sequels if you use the 3 villains that anyone cares about in one movie?you have cap'n cold mirror master and trickster the rest suck.

they could use the new cap'n cold he is nothing like mr.freeze.i think he would be awsome i 3-d his power comes from his arms not a freeze gun.another thing just because mr.freeze sucked in batman and robin doesnt mean fans will be turned off by cap'n cold.bane sucked in that movie too but nolan is redoing him.

Frankly it sounds like their priming Bale to return for Justice League anyways. He said he'd be up to return, then a week later they're talking about Justice League. Honestly, I won't be surprised. If WB writes a big enough check, it's easy money because he'll have less screentime overall, and it'll probably be a decent enough flick to make tons of money.

I thought Bale said he'd be up to return for Batman if Nolan was directing?

I think Flash has pretty good marketing potential. As a character, hes often the funny wise cracker in the Justice League and that could be aimed at older children and if they develop his character properly he could definitely pull in an older demographic. On top of that, the potential for awesome action scenes are astronomical. A movie would sell itself.

As far as other marketing streams go you can sell toys of things that never actually appear in the movie. Toy guns, vehicles and action figures (not to mention Flash masks and gauntlets). Is it stupid for the Flash to have a car? Absolutely, but if you make it look like a pimped out Ferrari and toss some Flash logos on it, kids will eat it up. Kids are great. :lmao: You could also market the crap out of the villain. Captain Cold Ice Cream/Ice Pops, Mirror Master holographic Happy Meal cards and toys, etc,

As long as the movie is awesome (and can make the Flash look cool) then you could easily throw a Flash symbol on anything and it could sell. Backpacks, shoes (that could be a cool one: 'Hey kids! These shoes can make you as fast as the flash!'), notebooks, clothes, video games, etc. You just need a good director and producer with some solid actors and good plot.

True, I just got back from Toys'R Us and the spiderman action figure had a car as well as Captain America had Iron Man armor suit and Iron-Man had a motorcycle hehe

Reverse-Flash cold be a real challenge for him by himself.

flash-rebirth-4.jpg

http://www.dadsbigplan.com/images/uploads/2009/08/flash-rebirth-4.jpg

Because every franchise superhero has to fight an evil version of himself. :whatever:

2004 - Catwoman
2005 - Batman Begins
2005 - V For Vendetta
2005 - Constantine
2006 - Superman Returns
2007 - 300
2008 - The Dark Knight
2009 - Watchmen
2010 - Jonah Hex
2011 - Green Lantern

2008 - Iron Man
2010 - Iron Man 2
2011 - Thor
2011 - Captain America
2012 - The Avengers

DC's Biggest Mistake:

To be fair Marvel did a bit more than those movies listed.

TV series

Animated

Marvel Films Year(s) Series Production Distributor Original
Network 1994–1998 Spider-Man: The Animated Series Marvel Films Animation /Saban New World Communications Fox Kids 1992–1997 X-Men Saban Productions Saban Productions Fox Kids 1996–1997 The Incredible Hulk New World Animation Saban Productions UPN 1994–1996 Fantastic Four New World Animation & Wang Films New World Communications First-run
syndication
Iron Man New World Animation & Rainbow Animation Group & Koko [4][5][6][7][8]
Marvel Studios Year(s) Series Production Distributor Original
Network 1998 Silver Surfer Saban Entertainment Saban Fox Kids 1999–2001 Spider-Man Unlimited Saban International Saban Fox Kids 1999–2000 The Avengers: United They Stand Saban International Saban Fox Kids Live action

For curent activities see: Marvel Television Series Aired Production Distributor Original
Network Mutant X 6 October 2001 – 17 May 2004 Fireworks Entertainment
Tribune Entertainment
Marvel Studios Marvel Enterprise
CanWest Global Communications First-run
syndication
Film

Co-productions

Year Film Director Distributor Budget Gross 1998 Blade Stephen Norrington New Line Cinema $45 million $131,183,530 2000 X-Men Bryan Singer 20th Century Fox $75 million $296,339,527 2002 Blade II Guillermo del Toro New Line Cinema $54 million $155,010,032 Spider-Man Sam Raimi Columbia Pictures $140 million $821,708,551 2003 Daredevil Mark Steven Johnson 20th Century Fox $78 million $179,179,718 X2: X-Men United Bryan Singer $110 million $407,711,549 Hulk Ang Lee Universal Pictures $137 million $245,360,480 2004 The Punisher Jonathan Hensleigh Artisan Entertainment
Lionsgate $15.5 million $54,700,105 Spider-Man 2 Sam Raimi Columbia Pictures $200 million $783,766,341 Blade: Trinity David S. Goyer New Line Cinema $65 million $128,905,366 2005 Elektra Rob Bowman 20th Century Fox $43 million $56,681,566 Man-Thing Brett Leonard Lionsgate

Fantastic Four Tim Story 20th Century Fox $100 million $330,579,719 2006 X-Men: The Last Stand Brett Ratner $210 million $459,359,555 2007 Ghost Rider Mark Steven Johnson Columbia Pictures $110 million $228,738,393 Spider-Man 3 Sam Raimi $258 million $890,871,626 Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer Tim Story 20th Century Fox $130 million $289,047,763 2008 Punisher: War Zone Lexi Alexander Lionsgate $35 million $10,100,036 2009 X-Men Origins: Wolverine Gavin Hood 20th Century Fox $150 million $373,062,864 2011 X-Men: First Class Matthew Vaughn $140–160 million $353,624,124 2012 Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor Columbia Pictures $57 million $122,299,048 2012 The Amazing Spider-Man (post-production) Marc Webb Columbia Pictures $220 million In Development Budget Gross 2013 The Wolverine James Mangold 20th Century Fox

2014 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Columbia Pictures

X-Men: First Class 2 20th Century Fox

Independent productions

See also: Marvel Cinematic Universe
Year Film Directed by Written by Distributed by Budget Gross 2008 Iron Man Jon Favreau Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby & Art Marcum and Matt Holloway Paramount Pictures $140 million $585,174,222 The Incredible Hulk Louis Leterrier Zak Penn Universal Pictures $150 million $263,427,551 2010 Iron Man 2 Jon Favreau Justin Theroux Paramount Pictures $200 million $623,933,331 2011 Thor Kenneth Branagh Screenplay by
Ashley Edward Miller and Zack Stentz & Don Payne
Story by
J. Michael Straczynski and Mark Protosevich $150 million $449,300,000 Captain America: The First Avenger Joe Johnston Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely $140 million $368,608,363 2012 The Avengers Joss Whedon Screenplay by
Joss Whedon
Story by
Zak Penn and Joss Whedon Walt Disney Pictures $220 million $1,419,837,000 In Production Budget Gross 2013 Iron Man 3 (filming) Shane Black Shane Black and Drew Pearce Walt Disney Pictures $200 million In Development Budget Gross 2013 Thor 2 (pre-production) Alan Taylor Don Payne and Robert Rodat Walt Disney Pictures [44][45] TBD 2014 Captain America 2 Anthony and Joe Russo Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely TBD The Avengers 2 TBD

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"