Do you turn your computer off?

PyroChamber

Not lactose, it's milk!
Reaction score
I know it sounds like an odd topic; but when you're at home, or when you come home from somewhere, and turn on your computer do you ever turn it back off?

Whenever I come home from work and turn my computer on I never turn it back off until I have to leave back out.

Last edited:
Only when I'm gone for extended periods of time, usually for vacations and Anthrocon. Otherwise its always running.

Usually I always turn it off if I know I won't be using it for quite some time. I heard it saves energy if you let it go into sleep mode instead but I'm not sure if that's true.

I turn it on when I come home from work and turn it off when I go to bed.

I like to turn it off every now and then by insulting it...

... then when I need it, I turn it on by playing a little Luther, pouring it a little Merlot and rubbing it ever so gently.

I turn off my laptop when I'm not using it.

I try to remember to turn it off each night before I head for bed... because I know it can be a security risk if I don't. However, during the day, if I'm home, I'll leave it on when not in use. Just so that I can use it when I get 15 minutes or more to myself.

I leave it on all the time, unless I'm going somewhere, but even then, I sometimes leave it on.

If you leave it on all the time and use it for banking as well, remember the following:

Always clear cookies and cache after visiting a banking site.

Change you banking password every month.

Use a "complex" password, at least 8 characters long, with 1 upper case (but not as the first letter), 1 lower case, 1 number and 1 "special character" (shift number).

I turn mine off when I go to bed, and when I leave the house.

I remember googling this a long time ago because I was curious if leaving my computer on was ever a good thing or not. I was mostly curious to see if it would be bad for my external HDD. I remember reading that it's best to keep it running and on it's toes. I only turn it off if I'm going out of town or if I just feel like getting away from my monitor to explore the outside world :hehe:

I turn my laptop off if I'm gone the whole day.

I like to turn it off every now and then by insulting it...

... then when I need it, I turn it on by playing a little Luther, pouring it a little Merlot and rubbing it ever so gently.

:awesome::applaud

i thought i heard laptops should be turned off whenever they arent in use, its bad to leave them running all the time. but desktops you can leave on for extended periods of time.

I have a laptop. I put it on hibernate and only turn it off once in a while.

I only turn my laptop on when I'm using it, but otherwise I turn it off.

I have a laptop, I keep it running all day, just put it to sleep mode whenever I'm not using it. I turn it off once I go to bed.

I don't turn off my laptop when I go to bed, only turn it off when going out most of the day, yeah I know it's not good for the environment.

I turn it off only when I am out or sleeping.

My laptop is on sleep mode during the day but I turn it off at night before I go to bed.

if i'm not using it, my computer is not on. trying to save energy lol

Mine is probably on hibernate more often than not...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"