Do You Wanna Feel Old? Thread

i still haven't seen it :/

only one i've seen is Fury Road

I tried watching it shortly after Fury Road came out and couldn't finish it, it was too dated for me. Maybe I'll give it another shot before Furiosa.

I tried watching it shortly after Fury Road came out and couldn't finish it, it was too dated for me. Maybe I'll give it another shot before Furiosa.
I had the same issue even after watching Thunderdome which was much more polished.

I had the same issue even after watching Thunderdome which was much more polished.

IMG_4075.gif

The “too dated” complaints make me feel old. But I guess that’s the point of this thread.

I think there's a difference between a movie being old and it feeling old. Stuff like It's a Wonderful Life or Vertigo are timeless and somehow managed to exist separate from the time period they were made in. Whereas something like the original Mad Max definitely feel rooted in the filmmaking techniques of its era. The lack of music, slow editing and stilted acting didn't grab me. It's also so different from the style of Fury Road that it was hard to adjust to. Maybe I'll give Thunderdome a shot.

I think there's a difference between a movie being old and it feeling old. Stuff like It's a Wonderful Life or Vertigo are timeless and somehow managed to exist separate from the time period they were made in. Whereas something like the original Mad Max definitely feel rooted in the filmmaking techniques of its era. The lack of music, slow editing and stilted acting didn't grab me. It's also so different from the style of Fury Road that it was hard to adjust to. Maybe I'll give Thunderdome a shot.
I think the bigger issue that makes Mad Max seem old is actually more that it is (1) lower budget and (2) definitely more of a foreign film. Even though Miller made both Max and Fury Road, I’d say that you could certainly tell different (more Hollywood) influences in Fury Road.

Still, I’ll take the original.

I was born 1988...
does it make me old now? 🤣

Lol in 4 years time I will turn 40 🤭

And you guys who think 36 is old are in for a rude awakening in about 10-12 years!

And yet the only gaming system that I ever outright owned myself was an Atari 2600.

I played my neighbor’s NES and I bought my kids a Wii and a Switch.
Not even one of these for nostalgia's sake?

Atari-VCS-Hero.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"