Ever feel like...

Lord Valumart

Hype's Dr - It's Canon
Reaction score
...like you've done nothing?

it's just hit me really hard that i'm turning 20 this year and it's made me look at my life a little differently... first off the main thing currently in my life is Indiana Jones and the Kingdom on the Crystal Skull, but then i realised that like Indy i'm also getting old. i look at my mates and they're all away at uni working towards something, while i'm stuck at home with a useless job.

tonight i was at a mates house and he mentions in passing that my ex is now 20 and is moving down south with her fiancee...and my first reaction was to say "i still want my dvds back..." and apparently she's fully aware she still has my dvds but has made no effort to return them to me even though we broke up like 2 years ago, but thats beside the point. it just feels like everyone else i knew is doing something with their lives...while i'm still stuck as the exact same person i was 5 years ago just drifting along with no plan or point...

i know that turning 20 isn;t really all that big a deal but it's hit me hard and i really feel like i've done nothing so far with my life so...i dunno...i felt the hype should know...

it's cliche'd, but if you don't take control of your life, your life will control you. i felt that same way, like i was doing nothing, till i realized.......i really WAS doing nothing. i was just sitting on my butt day to day just living life instead of making things happen for myself. you can't just wait for great things to happen to you...you have to make those great things happen.

You're just turning 20, so I don't think you have a right to feel you're a failure until you hit 30. If this stuff is still your high point, then yeah.

too bad JLBats isn't here....... he has a lot of experience in such matters. :csad:

please don't let a movie be the one thing you're looking forward to in your life. It's just a movie. Yes it's Indiana Jones and he's cool but he won't change your life. In fact, he's a fictitious character. Once the movie opens then what will you be looking forward to?

Here's the real question. Is the fact that you are aware that you haven't accomplished anything in life motivation enough for you to change that?

Yea you're only 20 bro. Get out and live life. You obvioulsy feel that Indiana Jones shouldnt be your priority(which it shouldn't) so do somethin about it!

first off the main thing currently in my life is Indiana Jones and the Kingdom on the Crystal Skull, but then i realised that like Indy i'm also getting old.

:pal: :hehe: :hehe:

You should have realized that your a loser, not that you're getting old.

please don't let a movie be the one thing you're looking forward to in your life. It's just a movie. Yes it's Indiana Jones and he's cool but he won't change your life. In fact, he's a fictitious character. Once the movie opens then what will you be looking forward to?

thats the thing...i see no goal for me to work towards...everyone else has them, but i can't see mine....

Aspire to be a Hype moderator. I heard it pays well.

thats the thing...i see no goal for me to work towards...everyone else has them, but i can't see mine....

well what do you like to do? If you have a hobby or a passion, maybe you can turn it into a career. College education will open many doors to you career wise. Just think about your skills or interests and brainstorm what type of careers you could use them in.

it actually pays?

i work...i make glasses...

Which isnt going to be a career it seems like. Take classes at college, or if you like films so much you should look into stuff like that. Dont settle or you'll forever be in the state(mental) you're in now.

well what do you like to do? If you have a hobby or a passion, maybe you can turn it into a career. College education will open many doors to you career wise. Just think about your skills or interests and brainstorm what type of careers you could use them in.
i like to write...:huh:
Aspire to become a time lord:o:oldrazz:

thats not possible...

...like you've done nothing?

it's just hit me really hard that i'm turning 20 this year and it's made me look at my life a little differently... first off the main thing currently in my life is Indiana Jones and the Kingdom on the Crystal Skull, but then i realised that like Indy i'm also getting old. i look at my mates and they're all away at uni working towards something, while i'm stuck at home with a useless job.

tonight i was at a mates house and he mentions in passing that my ex is now 20 and is moving down south with her fiancee...and my first reaction was to say "i still want my dvds back..." and apparently she's fully aware she still has my dvds but has made no effort to return them to me even though we broke up like 2 years ago, but thats beside the point. it just feels like everyone else i knew is doing something with their lives...while i'm still stuck as the exact same person i was 5 years ago just drifting along with no plan or point...

i know that turning 20 isn;t really all that big a deal but it's hit me hard and i really feel like i've done nothing so far with my life so...i dunno...i felt the hype should know...

Actually, you're the one doing more than your buds who are away at college since you are actually working. Furthering ones education is good but most of the
underclassmen and probably alot of the upperclassmen probably don't even know how to use a shovel. In other words - they're useless unless you want another pointless lecture.

I have no doubt your more useful than them.

Which isnt going to be a career it seems like. Take classes at college, or if you like films so much you should look into stuff like that. Dont settle or you'll forever be in the state(mental) you're in now.

i've looked into that before but there's nothing in the area like that

Actually, you're the one doing more than your buds who are away at college since you are actually working. Furthering ones education is good but most of the
underclassmen and probably alot of the upperclassmen probably don't even know how to use a shovel. In other words - they're useless unless you want another pointless lecture.

I have no doubt your more useful than them.

:whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"