Do you want a Marvel Universe reboot?

Well at least Daredevil will be back in Hell's Kitchen where he belongs.

But he's been in San Francisco before. It didn't require a reboot to bring him back - just have him move.

Hopefully we also get some good Hulk, Punisher and Ghost Rider books out of this cause it's been years.

Well, the easy way to do that is to just have good writers who understand the characters. Why exactly would a reboot make a difference for that? Do any of those characters have unwieldy baggage now that needs to be swept away?

I'd rather have a reboot than the convoluted "merge every reality into one" mess they seem to have planned.

Ghost Rider had some good stories?

He did in the late 80's and early 90's when I was growing up. In the early 2000's as well. But that seems like a lifetime ago.

Well, the easy way to do that is to just have good writers who understand the characters. Why exactly would a reboot make a difference for that? Do any of those characters have unwieldy baggage now that needs to be swept away?

The Red Hulk nonsense for starters has no business ever being acknowledged again. Son of Hulk is another thing I can personally do without.

The Punisher's reintroduction into the mainstream Marvel verse was a fail for the most part. The quicker they get away from any dangling plot threads that event resulted in the better. He could also use a fresher take since nobody seems to know how to write a seasoned Vietnam veteran in today's comic book landscape it seems. So it might be high time to move away from that.

Ghost Rider has become such a convoluted mess the best thing to do is wipe the slate completely clean.

No to a reboot, I'm actually enjoying some of the evolutions of the characters such as the Doc Green business, Flash Thompson as Venom, Eddie Brock (when he was Anti-Venom. Gone too soon), Deadpool and Daredevil's current statuses. Several of these stories would never work immediately after a reboot. It would have to be a long trek to get there, or they would be too early in the character's history and lose impact.

Case in point, I hated Red Hulk when he first showed up, but under Jeff Parker's treatment, I loved the character and was sad to see him lose his book. It worked as a story of growth, humility and adaptation for ol' Thunderbolt, and such a story may not be reproduced at all in a reboot, or if it is, it'll take yeaaaaaaars to get there, and I'd rather that not happen.

What even needs to be fixed by a total reboot anyway? If anything, it's the moving forward that needs fixing. Slow down on all these huge events. Nothing kills the pace of a story for me faster than having a personal journey uprooted because "Oh hey, we're all fighting each other again!" or "The multiverse is in danger for the 4th time this month! It's slower than usual, but you know the drill!"

Have arcs, have journies, but but not everything needs to be company wide, so that when it does come time for such an event, it builds and leaves an impact.

Reboots aren't going to stop the current issues that bother some readers, so if anything gets "fixed" it is in danger of unraveling quick.

Heck, I'm not even really looking forward to Secret wars for the sole fact that it's going to change things for like 6months rather than just a summer or winter event. I don't know how it'll effect things like Punisher, Daredevil, Deadpool and other characters that I read who aren't currently plugged into the huge Avengers situations.

Also I echo that not everyone needs to be an Avenger. I like the MCU, I really do, but not everything needs to be folded into their ranks or adopt the name for sales.

*sigh* I'm sorry for the rant, I feel like a cranky old man, despite being on the cusp of 30...

Wait, they are actualy making a reboot now? Does that mean all their titles will go back to 1 once again? In that case why have they been reseting their issues every year since the first Marvel Now? Is there any comic announced past this event/reboot?

I think the only announcement is the 616 and Ultimate universes are merging to create a new universe. It's been assumed (probably rightfully) that "new universe" means reset continuity.

so what will this be, the 4th or 5th #1 issue for each mag?

No reboot, just stop having these stupid events every month.

Do I want one? No, but considering all the crap that Marvel has pulled in recent years and is about to do, I think one would be preferable at this point

As someone who doesn't read the comics, but would like to get into them, a reboot would be good for me. However a middle ground would be better. A continuity refresh. Wrap up existing plot lines, focus on new characters and some old favourites etc.

As someone who doesn't read the comics, but would like to get into them, a reboot would be good for me. However a middle ground would be better. A continuity refresh. Wrap up existing plot lines, focus on new characters and some old favourites etc.

they've done this a couple of times already in recent history. That was the point of Marvel NOW! Secret Wars looks to be doing the same

I don't really care at this point. Reboot, don't, eh.

No to a reboot. They don't need it. They've done fine without them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"