Does any version of Parasite steal specific powers

Lead Cenobite

Exquisitely Empty
Reaction score
...or can he only become super strong through the absorption of life energy? I would ask in the comics forum but the place is nearly dead. Plus, Parasite is still a possibility for the movie, and if not, could appear in the sequels, so I figure it's still somewhat on-topic.

I used to think he did, similar to Rogue, but I've heard others say that the only thing that happens when he comes into contact with Superman is he gets much more energy than he would from a normal human and becomes super strong from that, which means no flight, heat vision, etc. But I've seen a comic cover from 1978 depicting Parasite in an aerial battle with Superman with both utilizing heat vision, although the caption refers to it as laser vision.

Last edited:
Like any nearly 70 year old comicbook character, it depends on who is writing him. I've seen him get Superman's powers. Hell, before the recent return, he could shape shift on a cellular level and basically become whoever he absorbed. I think he had sex with Luthor once as Lois. Pretty freaky. :hehe:

That's true, but it's always hard to find accurate information on pre-crisis stories and characters. Just look at any wikipedia article. You get a short paragraph covering up to 60 years of a character's history, then the rest of the article is dedicated to agonizing detail about the post-crisis comics. I tried to find out more information about the pre-crisis Brainiac too and never could, just the adventures of body-hopping Vril Dox.

It's just a name. It's actually just a place to ask any kind of question, be they stupid or deep, and thought provoking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"