The Amazing Spider-Man Does anyone else get an empty feeling from this movie?

I can't say I did. I was very satisfied with the movie. I loved it. It's now my second favorite Spidey movie after Spider-Man 2.

I preferred this version more and I don't see why the GA will like the first Raimi movie more... besides the fact that more people have seen that one more.

I thought this film was very emotionally involving and pulled off the drama better than Raimi did. I loved it for the most part. I do however realize disappointment came from those who just didn't feel like a retread. Batman Begins is not a perfect movie but I know like hell I will be pissed if they redo the Batman origin story three years from now with a reboot that spends the first hour out of costume. So I feel for you.

I didn't really feel empty, so I don't really understand the thread.

The characters were good and seeing Spidey battle the Lizard on screen was fine, but by doing the origin again the whole movie feels "been there, done that" and that gives it the vibe of being stale. The second half is als overy awkwardly edited and paced, giving an uneven feeling.

I honestly don't think this movie has the buzz of joy or iconography of Raimi's first two efforts, and since it mirrors his first so much, it will probably not be remembered well except by the diehard faithful who really love this interpretation of Peter. If the sequels are really good, this will be remembered as a good foundation to build a great series off of. As it stands right now, I think Garfield is a great Spidey, but he needs a better movie that isn't in Raimi's shadow so people can see it for what it is.

Maybe next time.

I have a feeling that the sequel will build on this and be sort of like Spider-man 2 or the dark knight to this film, where it builds on what we got.

I have no desire to see it again in theaters... if I do purchase it for home viewing, I doubt I'll watch it more than once. It's just not engaging enough for me to sit through again.

I knew we were destined to be together forever.

its telling a story, what more can i ask

its more my spiderman then raimi films which i find cringy

Only emptiness in my sould about this movien isn why the hell couldn't I have this in 2002.

It's not empty at all to me. As I was saying on the Marvel Films board, it's one of, if not THE, most emotionally involving superhero flick I've seen. And the film is performing fine.
So true! Has much more emotion and i think is much better quality acting wise than any marvel film so far...
I prefer it over Iron Man...heck I liked it more than the Avengers...thats just me though...I dont understand some of the hate for this film...but hey...its going great with the public...its selling well...and we're getting a sequel...so frankly I dont really care to try understanding the random hate...I get to see a sequel of my favorite spidey movie yet :)

What I meant was it's not exactly memorable, in the Sam Raimi's Spider-Man when I stop and think about it, tons of parts that I liked pop into my head. When I think about this movie, I think about how much I could relate to Andrew Garfield as Peter and how good the little details were like the music and how real the romance felt, but those are all attributed to the cast and crew.

While the acting and the direction left me feeling invested in Peter and Gwen and even Flash a little, I felt NO sympathy for the Lizard. Not that all villains need to be sympathetic, but we're supposed to care about Connors while the Lizard is in control. Honestly during the final battle I was hoping he could just fall off the building so we don't have to deal with him anymore. I also found myself remembering "Wait. This is Spider-Man vs. A watered down Lizard", after 5 years they couldn't think of anything better to give us? Oh, and what the heck happened to the parents story and Dr.Raffa!?

This is why I think Sony doesn't know what they're doing. The people that are blaming Webb need to remember the way movies are made. Directors aren't all mighty god creating their world and every aspect, they are more of a tool too shape and realize an already established vision in most cases. James Vanderbilt was the man who penned this movie and thought of the general story. Sony was the one who held Marc and James' hands as they fulfilled their duties. Marc Webb was the one who chose the songs to be included, the body language and the choice of words used by the characters and the choices of scenery. He is the reason we liked Peter and Gwen SOOOO much more than Peter and MJ and for that he should be applauded.

So true! Has much more emotion and i think is much better quality acting wise than any marvel film so far...
I prefer it over Iron Man...heck I liked it more than the Avengers...thats just me though...I dont understand some of the hate for this film...but hey...its going great with the public...its selling well...and we're getting a sequel...so frankly I dont really care to try understanding the random hate...I get to see a sequel of my favorite spidey movie yet :)

I wouldn't say it was better than Iron Man, the scenes in the cave especially, out shine this movie. This is my favorite Spidey movie too, but I'm hoping for a new screen writer so we can enjoy this movie for the story as well.

I didn't leave the theater with a sense of glee like with Spider-Man. This was a rather dark and somber take, I liked it, I liked it a lot but I wasn't in love with it. I am looking forward to the sequels though.

I did adore the characters, some scenes gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling, but as a whole...

My only empty feeling was in my soda cup.

You too?

BROTHER!!! :D :D
tumblr_m6r238TOaH1rrzs39.gif

I felt like the trailers promised a movie that we never got. This movie did somethings better than the previous series but it didn't surpass it.

I felt like the trailers promised a movie that we never got. This movie did somethings better than the previous series but it didn't surpass it.

For me it was better than SM1 but not better than SM2.
I prefered Garfield to Maguire (by a mile)
Stone to Dunst (by a mile)
Sheen to Robinson (by a bit)
Field to Harris (by a bit).

For me if ASM had a stronger villian it would have blown SM2 out of the water.

For me it was better than SM1 but not better than SM2.
I prefered Garfield to Maguire (by a mile)
Stone to Dunst (by a mile)
Sheen to Robinson (by a bit)
Field to Harris (by a bit).

For me if ASM had a stronger villian it would have blown SM2 out of the water.

I agree with Stone---Dunst
But IMO I preferred the others.
add to that
James Franco
Willem Dafoe is way better than Rhys Ifans
J.K. Simmons perfect portrayal of JJJ

hell even the bit players in
Bill Nunn as Robbie Robertson
Elizabeth Banks as Betty Bryant

to me all of these elements add to why I feel this movie was below Spider-man

Honestly, the thought I had and everyone who went with me to the midnight showing shared was that we wanted more. The only emptiness was when we all collectively wanted to walk up to Sony, and demand they made the next film without haste. >_<

I agree with Stone---Dunst
But IMO I preferred the others.
add to that
James Franco
Willem Dafoe is way better than Rhys Ifans
J.K. Simmons perfect portrayal of JJJ

hell even the bit players in
Bill Nunn as Robbie Robertson
Elizabeth Banks as Betty Bryant

to me all of these elements add to why I feel this movie was below Spider-man

I don't have a problem that some people have with Maguire as PP and Maguire being a mute is the fault of the writer for not giving Toby more lines in costume. But Garfield NAILS the character of PP, both in looks (right down to the brown eyes) to the attitude and his Spidey is how I imagined the character when I read the comics.

I thought the supporting characters had a bit of an edge to them and presented a good foil for the hero. Basically I just prefer this new cast they seemed more 'real' to me.

I prefered every aspect of this movie to the trilogy, especially the tone and the cast, what the original trilogy has over this movie is the villians and whilst I prefer ASM to SM1 despite the villian I can't stretch that far for SM2.
But with this cast they will blow SM2 out of the water if they get the villian right.

I agree with spider-neil about the cast. ASM really pisses all over Raimi's trilogy IMO, including SM2 easily.

IMO Maquire in Spiderman looked very much like the way John Romita drew him in the early comics

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"