Does anyone here want a Live Action Teen Titans film?

I like these pin up posters from NTT Vol.1:

da664668046045d840332e588194f5cf.jpg

0bc1d2e444ec52da0664939eba857040.jpg

2a3e786252db22a29e551c2829c25432.jpg

d1c61ea332d7e43dcc5da9f256301ef680ac96a8_hq.jpg

42f983d1335375efb09fc58cdb3bc4b9.jpg

550ab8359029fbf78c45950f8d27006e.jpg

95e7e63b56287d98185fc4d143a08625.jpg

Looking at these, If I were to do a Teen Titans movie....The only costume designs I'd probably change (out of the ones I'd be free to use in the current DCEU) would likely be Dick Grayson and Starfire. I don't think anything would particularly need to be changed on Troia/Wonder Girl or Beast Boy's outfit to work in a movie.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I don't like that line-up but of those costumes, Starfire and Robin have it the worst. I wonder what the logic was in putting them in those costumes lol

hell yeah to a live action TT film!!

I don't like that line-up but of those costumes, Starfire and Robin have it the worst. I wonder what the logic was in putting them in those costumes lol

Yeah I'd give Robin his Young Justice attire but with the shoes he wears in the 2003 Teen Titans cartoon while giving Starfire her Justice League vs Teen Titans attire but with the ability to switch into armor

Also do you guys prefer the more snarky Raven that had no problems fighting like in the 2003 cartoon or the NTT Raven that started out as being reluctant to fight due to the passivity encouraged by her upbringing that still felt the need to rally up a team to fight against evil despite constantly disappearing and not always telling the team everything?

What I also wonder is....

Is it better to have Raven bring the Titans together like in NTT or would you guys prefer something along the lines of "Go!" from the cartoon where they more or less simply meet up and help each other out due to a sense of duty?

The reason I ask is due to the fact that in NTT it was revealed that Raven initially went to warn the Justice League about Trigon and they didn't trust her because Zatanna sensed an evil within her.

The second reason that I ask is because if one went with the route of the former, you can set things up to where we can have a third Teen titans film or future Justice League film that revolves around both teams aligning to fight Trigon....whom is probably the most dangerous D.C. villain there is.

Last edited:
I'm probably on my own Island at this point but If we got a Teen Titans movie, would anyone be supportive of the film's color palette be visually reminiscent of this?:

new52teentitans.jpg

Also do you guys prefer the more snarky Raven that had no problems fighting like in the 2003 cartoon or the NTT Raven that started out as being reluctant to fight due to the passivity encouraged by her upbringing that still felt the need to rally up a team to fight against evil despite constantly disappearing and not always telling the team everything?

Cartoon Raven. I just like her more, and I think the mainstream audience will appreciate a more clear power-set.

Also, while the color palette of the New 52 Teen Titans isn't bad, I'd stay away from the aesthetic. It's too busy and too loud.

Cartoon Raven. I just like her more, and I think the mainstream audience will appreciate a more clear power-set.

Also, while the color palette of the New 52 Teen Titans isn't bad, I'd stay away from the aesthetic. It's too busy and too loud.

Gotcha but also should see still be the one that brings the Titans together?

If Raven brings them together to stop Trigon, there should be no question or ambiguity about it. Either she's recruited and only reveals the truth when she trusts them, or she lays her cards on the table from the word go.

Though frankly, I'm kind of tired of Trigon. Every Teen Titans incarnation tends to repeat those story elements and either just reach the same heights (the cartoon) or drastically undershoot them and waste everyone's time (the New 52). Plus, he's much less fun than the fanatical Brother Blood or the awesome Deathstroke. He's an evil demon lord. Of evil. Sadly, those are a dime-a-dozen now.

Having said that, here's how I'd do Raven. 18 year old Raven is recruited by Nightwing when he finds her being hunted by Brother Blood's acolytes, just like I suggested in the quick pitch on page one of this thread. She's recruited because of the de-facto arms race going on over meta-humans, and joins Cyborg and Nightwing's team. She's got telekinetic and teleportation powers like in the cartoon, and like in the cartoon, these powers rely on her excercising maximum self-control. She was on the run with a family that raised her because they know about Trigon, and it's heavily implied that Nightwing's investigations make him privy to her parentage and her wariness of reaching her 23rd birthday. She kind of knows that as well, and they have a very sibling like relationship.

Raven's personality is formed by her empathy/emotion eater capabilities, her knowledge and fear her father is going to try and use her to escape on her 23rd birthday, and her conflicting love of life. As a result, Raven is both very passionate, adventurous, and curious, but wary of hedonism and of wasting time. She's got patience because she has to have it to manage her emotions and their powers, but it's clearly a daily struggle that she only succeeds at because she's practiced for years. And it's unspoken, but Raven has determined that unless someone can immediately stop Trigon the moment he emerges, it would be better for everyone if she didn't make it to her 23rd birthday. Thus, why she's seemingly so morose and despondent while always being attracted to upbeat friends and acquaintances; she's not suicidal and doesn't really have a death wish, but is resigned to the idea that it's going to have to happen.

Then, after the first adventure (maybe the second if a series took off) she finally trusts everyone enough to tell them what's going on, and instead of Trigon escaping, they enter Raven's spirit world to free her and defeat her father.

If Raven brings them together to stop Trigon, there should be no question or ambiguity about it. Either she's recruited and only reveals the truth when she trusts them, or she lays her cards on the table from the word go.

Though frankly, I'm kind of tired of Trigon. Every Teen Titans incarnation tends to repeat those story elements and either just reach the same heights (the cartoon) or drastically undershoot them and waste everyone's time (the New 52). Plus, he's much less fun than the fanatical Brother Blood or the awesome Deathstroke. He's an evil demon lord. Of evil. Sadly, those are a dime-a-dozen now.

Having said that, here's how I'd do Raven. 18 year old Raven is recruited by Nightwing when he finds her being hunted by Brother Blood's acolytes, just like I suggested in the quick pitch on page one of this thread. She's recruited because of the de-facto arms race going on over meta-humans, and joins Cyborg and Nightwing's team. She's got telekinetic and teleportation powers like in the cartoon, and like in the cartoon, these powers rely on her excercising maximum self-control. She was on the run with a family that raised her because they know about Trigon, and it's heavily implied that Nightwing's investigations make him privy to her parentage and her wariness of reaching her 23rd birthday. She kind of knows that as well, and they have a very sibling like relationship.

Raven's personality is formed by her empathy/emotion eater capabilities, her knowledge and fear her father is going to try and use her to escape on her 23rd birthday, and her conflicting love of life. As a result, Raven is both very passionate, adventurous, and curious, but wary of hedonism and of wasting time. She's got patience because she has to have it to manage her emotions and their powers, but it's clearly a daily struggle that she only succeeds at because she's practiced for years. And it's unspoken, but Raven has determined that unless someone can immediately stop Trigon the moment he emerges, it would be better for everyone if she didn't make it to her 23rd birthday. Thus, why she's seemingly so morose and despondent while always being attracted to upbeat friends and acquaintances; she's not suicidal and doesn't really have a death wish, but is resigned to the idea that it's going to have to happen.

Then, after the first adventure (maybe the second if a series took off) she finally trusts everyone enough to tell them what's going on, and instead of Trigon escaping, they enter Raven's spirit world to free her and defeat her father.

Also, should the Teen Titans: Games storyline be considered for a movie? I personally think it could work either as a solo Titans movie or Titans/JLA crossover movie because of how big the premise is

Another thing I'm thinking about is this....

Now obviously Teen Titans in any iteration should NOT be nihilistic or cynical in tone but due to Wolfman/Perez's NTT having a more serious tone compared to the original version with all sidekick characters and heavily playing up the soul-searching the teens go through, it should definitely not be on the "goofy" sides of things either.

Should there be humor? yes. Especially with Beast Boy on the team but I feel that in place of Marvel's use of jokey one-liners, instead Teen Titans would be better having Heartwarming moments be more of a priority than jokes.

Think back to Issue #8 "A Day in the Lives....and What A Day It Is!" where we saw the lives of Troia/Wonder Girl, Cyborg, Raven, Kid Flash and Starfire's everyday lives explored.

The particular stand out moments for me were the scenes where Cyborg after wondering about his place in the world ends up having fun playing baseball with some amputated kids as well as the scenes where Starfire just expresses a love for life on Earth after spending her day with Wonder Girl.

ntt8.jpg

NTT008B.jpg

thcipstarfire.jpg

I think that if worked in somehow, could not only be touching in its own way but also keep the film having a balanced tone where it's a mix of angst, humor, high stakes and heartwarming/cheerful moments.

Another question I'd like to ask is should Marv Wolfman be a script consultant for a Teen Titans live action if it ever gets made?

They should definitely have him involved in some capacity. Nobody gets the TT and their villains as well as Wolfman.

I can't say it's high on my priority list. A CG-animated film aimed at children? Sure. A live-action film in the DCEU? Not really.

I can't say it's high on my priority list. A CG-animated film aimed at children? Sure. A live-action film in the DCEU? Not really.

The comics were much more mature than the cartoon. It doesn't have to turn out like the show. A Titans movie is more likely than TT IMO.

I loved snarky Raven.

I wouldn't mind them rebooting (continuing?) the 2003 cartoon series and age it up a bit. I really enjoyed watching it back then, when I turned on TTG for my own kids...that was offensive to say the least lol

I loved snarky Raven.

I wouldn't mind them rebooting (continuing?) the 2003 cartoon series and age it up a bit. I really enjoyed watching it back then, when I turned on TTG for my own kids...that was offensive to say the least lol

I would love that too. I still don't feel we got a proper ending. In a TTG go episode, they joked about this awesome ending we never got to see. I wonder were they referring to one they had planned, before the show ended and they didn't get to finish it.

I loved snarky Raven.

I'd love to combine aspects of both Ravens where she snarks and can actually use her powers on Earth but is still largely secretive about her motives and intentions. Largely because I like the idea of her sending a premonition to Robin in the form of a dream to spark the Titans reuniting as well as her being a largely enigmatic figure but at the same time, the Raven in the cartoon was badass and often had me laughing when he poked fun at Beast Boy.

Especially the time she turned one of his jokes on him

Beast Boy: Why did the Aardvark cross the road?

Raven: To beat up the stupid idiot making jokes about him

That still cracks me up :funny:

They should definitely have him involved in some capacity. Nobody gets the TT and their villains as well as Wolfman.

Yeah and what's good is he also had writing experience in Television as he's written the Clayface Two Parter for Batman TAS, the Aquaman episode known as "Deep Six" for the Teen Titans cartoon and also handled the Beast Machines series. While those aren't feature length films, he atleast knows how to write for other mediums and when it comes to characters he's created, I'd expect him to be in a natural comfort zone.

Yeah and what's good is he also had writing experience in Television as he's written the Clayface Two Parter for Batman TAS, the Aquaman episode known as "Deep Six" for the Teen Titans cartoon and also handled the Beast Machines series. While those aren't feature length films, he atleast knows how to write for other mediums and when it comes to characters he's created, I'd expect him to be in a natural comfort zone.

Funnily enough, it was Perlman who voiced Clayface in that episode, who would then go on to voice Slade on the TT cartoon.

Writing for comics and cartoons are not the same thing as handling a feature length live-action movie. If it were there'd be more examples of people working comfortably in most mediums.

He should definitely be a consultant and give input but I really doubt he'd be tasked with writing the script.

Writing for comics and cartoons are not the same thing as handling a feature length live-action movie. If it were there'd be more examples of people working comfortably in most mediums.

He should definitely be a consultant and give input but I really doubt he'd be tasked with writing the script.

Not writing it per se but definitely looking at it and advising alterations if needed.

It's been a while since I posted here but I wanted to know all your thoughts on this ....

These would be the issues I'd base my story around if I made a Teen Titans film:

DC Comics Presents # 26 "Where Nightmares Begin

- Due to the fact that I think it would be pretty awesome to begin the movie with Robin's pseudo-Dream where he's fighting along side Starfire, Beast Boy, Wonder Girl and the rest of the team while being confused about it all before waking up and finding out from Raven that the "dream" had a purpose to it.

The New Teen Titans #1 - Birth of the Titans -

It would not only be ideal for setting up the team but also explains why Robin has a rocky relationship without Bruce Wayne and touching on when Wonder Woman saved Donna Troy from a fire and brought her to Themyscira.

The New Teen Titans #8 - A Day in the Lives

- Even though this was a bit of a breather issue, you got to see Starfire being her outgoing cheerful self, which is something I feel should be shown in spades here.

Tales of the New Teen Titans #4 - Starfire

- This is where the backstory of Kori and Komandr's sibling rivalry was most explored along with showcasing the torture Starfire experienced at the hands of The Citadel.

The New Teen Titans #23 -25 - Kidnapped, Citadel Strike!, and War!

The New Teen Titans Annual #1 - Final Conflict!

- Up to this point in the comics, it was one of the longest story arcs for Teen Titans and is one big space epic based Around sibling rivalry that amusingly culminates in a formal one on one fight between the sisters where they fight with their weapons and fist in a fight to the "death".

Not only that but I feel like it's the most natural storyline to use if we're doing a film that shows how they become a team due to the fact that in Birth of the Titans, The Citadel are the first villains we see fight the Titans so why not have Blackfire be the main villain?

Last edited:
The main thing I find myself agonizing over

A. Should I write it as an "Earth 2" movie so I don't have to worry about anything in the current DCEU

B. Replace Cyborg and Wally West with maybe Blue Beetle and Bumblebee

Or

C. Just cut out Cyborg and leave the team as Robin, Changeling, Wonder Girl, Wally West, Starfire and Raven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"