Comics Does Emma Have The Right TO Be Co-Head of the X-Men & Institute?

Not of the X-Men, but when it comes to the Institute, sure.
 
Well....she has previously been the co-head of two schools....so yes to the Institution. However, I thought Scott & Storm (until her exit) were the leaders of the X-Men.
 
As far as the Institute goes, she's by far the most experienced and qualified teacher they have.

As for the X-Men... well, let's see how her current plotline plays out first...
 
When it comes to the institute, maybe. She had proven herself when she was in charge of Generation X. But she shouldn't be a leader of the X-Men.
 
I agree with all of you: yes to the Institute but keep her far enough from X-Men leadership.
 
No to leading the X-men, yes she should still be an X-man.

Charles should be head of the institute if he ever gets his head out of his arse. Until then...
 
there is no way in hell anybody in their right mind should let her be in charge of a school full of children. have you seen her track record with kids?

the hellions-slaughtered by fitzroy
synch-died in an explosion caused by adrienne frost
and now most of the depowered students in new x-men, all got blown up because she decided to sneak them out of the institute
 
Spectre722 said:
there is no way in hell anybody in their right mind should let her be in charge of a school full of children. have you seen her track record with kids?

the hellions-slaughtered by fitzroy
synch-died in an explosion caused by adrienne frost
and now most of the depowered students in new x-men, all got blown up because she decided to sneak them out of the institute

And the Cuckoos.

Not to mention she used to torture and brainwash the Hellions on a regular basis.
 
I picked the second option.

I have no problem with her being an X-man, being on one of the teams, or even teaching. What I do have a problem with is her being in charge at all of the school and in charge of the X-men. I'd accept her leading a team but not on the same level that Scott is. No, that's where I draw the line.

In (co)charge of the Institue and X-men ......NO!
A member of an X-men team or even a teacher......yes.
 
Aside from her Hellion days i do think Emma has reformed her teaching techniques.

-Synch's death wasn't her fault, and she killed Adrienne for it, her own sister.

-Sophie died being a hero and that was her choice, Esme had it coming.

-Emma was sneaking out the depowered students to protect them she had their best interests at heart.

Every students death cannot be simply blamed on their teacher. Emma is teaching these kids, being tough on them, and pushing them, so that they train harder and are able to protect themselves. That is the only real way any of them can be safe. When you've got no one to rely on, at least their trained to rely on themselves.
 
Chamber_UK said:
Aside from her Hellion days i do think Emma has reformed her teaching techniques.

-Synch's death wasn't her fault, and she killed Adrienne for it, her own sister.

-Sophie died being a hero and that was her choice, Esme had it coming.

-Emma was sneaking out the depowered students to protect them she had their best interests at heart.

Every students death cannot be simply blamed on their teacher. Emma is teaching these kids, being tough on them, and pushing them, so that they train harder and are able to protect themselves. That is the only real way any of them can be safe. When you've got no one to rely on, at least their trained to rely on themselves.

Right. But its become something of a pattern with her, no? Even she sort of recognized it when Sophie died.
 
I do think Synch dying was Emma's fault. She allowed her psycho sister into the school and endangered her students.

However, popping a cap in Adri was good justice.
 
Emma had no idea what Adri was planning. She had no idea about her intentions to join the hellfire club. All she knew was that Adri was a over competitive corporate *****.

Yes student death is a reoccuring thing with her. But she's a mutant, training mutant children in a world that hates them. Its not exactly a normal situation. Had she just been a normal school teacher i recon she wouldn't have to deal with student death.
 
but the deaths of sophie and the depowered students proves that she puts these kids in more danger than they have to be in.
 
They would have been in this danger regardless. If they weren't mutants in the first place danger wouldn't have come to them. She knew this and that is why she tried to get the depowered away to be safe.
 
She seems to be looking out for her own interests than for the institute. Why Xavier approved of her heading the school, versus the original students is beyond me... Business background or not. It's not like the institute is making a lot of money off of housing and educating the newer students.
 
how can u say that chamber? she snuck the depowered kids out of the school and they were the ones who got blown up
 
She didn't know they were gonna be blown up. she was trying to get them to safety.
 
when it probably wouldve been safer in the mansion under the supervision of one of the greatest superhero teams of all time, with a security system thats enhanced a thousand times over by the most cutting edge technology on the planet as well as from many other planets, and under the watchfull eye of the new sentinels, i dont care what people say, rite now those sentinels are simply protecting the mansion, regardless of general lazers intentions. i really couldnt think of a safer place
 
I think Emma's record of student deaths is partly the fault of Marvel's mindset lately.

They do a fair amount of shock deaths, but the big ones like Colossus and Psylocke always get reversed. The only characters who are ever going to stay dead are the second-liners... like the members of Gen-X, New Mutants, and the recent cast of New X-Men. Coincidentally, Emma's function within the team usually makes her the one who's teaching them.

The Hellions were her fault, and a major reason for her reform. She made some mistakes with the Cuckoos and the others, too. But honestly, a lot of her casualty rate has to do with an editorial staff that tosses away young mutant characters the way Donald Trump fires apprentices. Those characters would be just as dead if Xavier taught them.
 
Chamber_UK said:
She didn't know they were gonna be blown up. she was trying to get them to safety.
Obviously she didnt know they were gonna be blown up. She's just not very good with keeping her charges safe.
 
rjb182 said:
I think Emma's record of student deaths is partly the fault of Marvel's mindset lately.

They do a fair amount of shock deaths, but the big ones like Colossus and Psylocke always get reversed. The only characters who are ever going to stay dead are the second-liners... like the members of Gen-X, New Mutants, and the recent cast of New X-Men. Coincidentally, Emma's function within the team usually makes her the one who's teaching them.

The Hellions were her fault, and a major reason for her reform. She made some mistakes with the Cuckoos and the others, too. But honestly, a lot of her casualty rate has to do with an editorial staff that tosses away young mutant characters the way Donald Trump fires apprentices. Those characters would be just as dead if Xavier taught them.

That might be the editorial reason behind some of the deaths. But its still been written.

Its like the Maddie Pryor fans who argue she was made a psycho ***** so that Scott wouldn't look so bad leaving her. Thats completely true, I think editorial decisions trampled all over her character, but she still became a psycho *****.
 
That is true. I do recognize the difference between behind-the-scenes reasons and on-the-page reasons.

What I'm asking, though, is... has Emma really been written as a BAD teacher (since she reformed)? Or as a good-if-occasionally-selfish teacher who simply has remarkably bad luck with the number of her students that kick the bucket?

I would say it's more like the second one, and if it is, then I'm not gonna blame her because the Marvel U. is a place where tons of people die...
 
No, but I don't think she shouldn't be allowed to be an X-man. Not only because of the shortage of mutants but also because they've taken in as many former villains already.

Didn't Storm used to be leader and not Cyclops? There are a lot more higher ranking X-men than her who would make more suitable candidates anyday. Apart from her being an X-man for nowhere near as long as others, her sense of priority is one to be questioned. Even if she isn't evil she still seems to be selfish to the point that it may harm others if they get in her way.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"