Does this make me a bad person?

Shemtov

Sidekick
Reaction score
I Never knew her, because she was out of her gourd for years, but one of my grandmothers just died.
Now, out of what I guess is a sense of deprivation, I feel a little glad that shes dead.
Like, sort of like because I never knew her,l because I was deprived of having a normal Grandmother, she sort of deserved to die.
I know that isn't rational and I shouldn't feel this way.....but does this make me a bad person?

I Never knew her, because she was out of her gourd for years, but one of my grandmothers just died.
Now, out of what I guess is a sense of deprivation, I feel a little glad that shes dead.
Like, sort of like because I never knew her,l because I was deprived of having a normal Grandmother, she sort of deserved to die.
I know that isn't rational and I shouldn't feel this way.....but does this make me a bad person?

:dry:

What do you mean she was out of her gourd for years?

um...kind of. not on a primal level or anything, but damn, because you were "deprived" of a normal grandmother because of something she had no control over?

why because you didn't get the answer you wanted? whatever, dropping it now.

Yes she deserved to die because you deem her an unfit grandmother. Perfectly normal, perfectly healthy.

edit

Last edited:
Well, in my personal opinion, I believe everyone should be able to have forgiveness for others, just as Jesus teaches.
Are you joking? Or all you really a Hyopemissionary?
Mods, please keep this thread open.

Can A mod please close this thread?

Are you not even going to answer my question?

I just want a bit more of the context.

Look, people have some strange thoughts sometimes after someone dies. And sometimes those thoughts are selfish and bad. It's just part of being human.

What makes you a good or bad person is whether you hold onto that thought and let that negativity define how you feel about the persons death. Or whether you let that thought pass and focus on dealing with it in the right way.

Even if you didn't care at all for your grandmother, perhaps you're parents are upset or other family members. You can focus on feeling bad for them, and the pain her death has caused them instead.

Just because your grandmother died it doesn't give you the excuse to make up words

Are you joking? Or all you really a Hyopemissionary?
Mods, please keep this thread open.
while I think the whole "jesus teaches" thing was a little overkill, there's no need to turn this into a religious flame-war, which is where it seems you're taking this. The guy was just throwing his 2 cents in, doesn't mean he's trying to "save" you or anything.

while I think the whole "jesus teaches" thing was a little overkill, there's no need to turn this into a religious flame-war, which is where it seems you're taking this. The guy was just throwing his 2 cents in, doesn't mean he's trying to "save" you or anything.
No No no, I wasn't flaming.
It's just my culture's history with missionaries is a sore one, so even the hint of it sends me on the defensive.
But I'm pretty sure he was joking.

nvm

Last edited:
Define Hyopemissionary. :dry:

And then use it in a sentence.
Hyopemissionary: (n) An Innocent Typo for "Hype Missionary", which is a missionary on the Hype.
Shemtov didn't catch the typo of "Hyopemissionary", so he couldn't correct it.

common, that guy must know what he's talking about, his user name says he's a doctor.

I think you are being a little selfish. I wouldn't say you're a bad person, you're just thinking selfishly. (Maybe you have mixed emotions towards her, which are manifesting as anger?) You need to be forgiving towards her and try to have a little empathy for what she went through when she died and her reasons for why she acted as you say, "out of her gourd"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"