Dominic Cooper to Star in 'Stratton'

TheNextNolan22

Hurting Really REALLY BAD
Reaction score
In a pre-American Film Market movie, Henry Cavill has come on board to star in the action-thriller “Stratton

The title, based on the John Stratton character in the Duncan Falconer series of novels, will be produced by Cavill’s newly launched Promethean Productions with Amber Entertainment and GFM Films, which will provide financing and launch sales at AFM.
Promethean was created by Cavill, his brother Charlie Cavill and London-based producer Rex Glensy.

“Having the opportunity to expand my horizons into filmmaking is incredibly exciting” said Henry Cavill. “Getting to work so closely with my brother in this venture is equally so.”

“Stratton” is the first in a series of eight novels by Falconer, following action from the borders of Kazakhstan and China, to mainland Europe and then London. The project was originally optioned and developed by Ileen Maisel and Lawrence Elman’s Amber Ltd, who brought the project to Promethean.

The two companies will co-produce “Stratton,” set in southern Italy, Rome and London. Filming will begin in the spring.

Cavill will next be seen in Warner Bros.” “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.,” due out Aug. 14, 2015 and “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” due out March 25, 2016.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/henry-cavill-stratton-casting-1201346812/

Cavill needs to make sure this doesn't turn into Cold Light of Day 2. He's going to end up typecasting himself into Superman/Roles kinda like James Bond but really bad.

He's at least doing other projects. Can't have him being Superman for 8 years only.

Yeah, fair point. But it seems like he's only going for the Action/Thriller vibe. Cold Light of Day was kind of bad, that random Horror thing where he hunts down a Demon/Nazi/Zombie (No ****) was pretty stupid. Man from U.N.C.L.E seems iffy and now he's linked to another Action/Thriller. I hope he kind of diversifies a bit soon.

If Guy Ritchie ever decides to make good British comedies again I could see Cavill in something similar to Snatch/Lock Stock/RocknRolla.

Isn't Man from U.N.C.L.E going to be an action comedy? Or have comedic elements to it.

Yeah it is. It seems like it's going to go for the self-aware spy-comedy thing. I hate to sound like a Debbie Downer but I'm skeptical about the chemistry between Cavill and Armie Hammer. Armie Hammer has the charisma and personality of a shoebox.

That said Guy Ritchie knows how to do comedic elements really well without changing the tone of the film too much, so I'm on board. I just wish Ritchie would leave period pieces alone and do more of his contemporary British capers.

Henry is one of those good loking mf who needs to branch out. The Thor guy did Rush and that led to Mann offering him a lead on his film. I think Henry has the talent, just ain't choosing the right projects post Supes.

Maybe we should wait and actually SEE the movie, or any footage whatsoever, before making that call.

Henry is one of those good loking mf who needs to branch out. The Thor guy did Rush and that led to Mann offering him a lead on his film. I think Henry has the talent, just ain't choosing the right projects post Supes.

Yeah... I was pleasantly surprised with how good Hemsworth's career has been. He knows his range and he takes full advantage of that. Plus, it helps too that he's so charismatic. The guy has worked with Mann, Howard (2x!) and he was the lead in that Spielberg project that got scrapped.

Yeah, he should hire you as his agent then. ;)

What Henry should be careful about is the quality of the scripts. If the quality is there, then all you need is a good director to take care of the rest. Brandon Routh made some very bad choices and went from Superman to Atom, ouch! But to be fair, he's doing a good job as Ray Palmer on Arrow, maybe this will help him get another chance as a movie star later on. :word:

Cavill needs to do a straight-up romance movie like The Notebook. Not that he doesn't already have his female fans, but something like that would send him into the stratosphere.

Cavill needs to do a straight-up romance movie like The Notebook. Not that he doesn't already have his female fans, but something like that would send him into the stratosphere.

He could do Magic Mike 2 (just looking at your avatar). :oldrazz:

More seriously I'd like to see Cavill do either a straight-up comedy (he clearly has a sense of humor) or a "serious" Oscar-bait-type movie, like a historical drama or something. Or he could even play a "bad guy" role in some movie which would be really interesting.

He could do Magic Mike 2 (just looking at your avatar). :oldrazz:

Sawyer, I See Spidey and I are still trying to get studio funding to make that happen. And our lawyer is trying to overturn Henry's restraining order against us. Stay tuned, true believer! :up:

6ssagw.jpg

Simon West has come on board to direct Henry Cavill in action-thriller “Stratton” for Amber Entertainment, Promethean Productions and GFM.

West, whose credits include “The Expendables 2″ and “Lara Croft,” is scheduled to shoot this summer in London and Italy.

Eh, West isn't that bad. He is, at the very least, good at shooting action sequences. So we know the film will look pretty good. And given that they have Cavill as the lead rather than some one-note, DTV action star like Jason Statham or Scott Adkins, I think this has potential. I think it really hinges on Cavill's performance, the quality of the script and the supporting cast. I wouldn't worry about Henry; this is clearly a passion project for him and he can handle action hero roles well. So he'll bring his A-game here. The other variables are what could make or break the film.

100% agreed. Romantic Comedies in particular would be AMAZING for his career, and I mean that seriously and as a huge fan.

No argument on that one. Cavill in any of those Nicholas Sparks style romances that come out around Valentine's Day would make bank and the box office.

Didn't hurt Evans career too much. Plus we get the possible backside nudity. :woo:

Sawyer, I See Spidey and I are still trying to get studio funding to make that happen. And our lawyer is trying to overturn Henry's restraining order against us. Stay tuned, true believer! :up:
I guess I can be the insurgent in this case. :p

No argument on that one. Cavill in any of those Nicholas Sparks style romances that come out around Valentine's Day would make bank and the box office.

That would be a lucky, lucky lady to be Cavill's lead in that project. Kind of reminds me of an old joke that I will adapt for the scenario.

Reese Witherspoon walks into her agent's office.

"Morty, guess what? That passionate romance movie starring Henry Cavill? I got the role as his leading lady!"

"Great news kid! So, what kind of numbers are we talking about?"

"$1,800."

"What? Just $1,800? Why so little?"

"That's all the cash I had on me at the time!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"