Deadpool 2 Domino Casting

It isn't really race lifting as technically have they ever said what Domino's race is? She could literally be anything.

Well Zazie is half white so the racebending rage brigade should only be half mad this time :rimshot:

Do you guys think some people might get angry that a black woman will probably be plastered in white make-up for the role?

Do you guys think some people might get angry that a black woman will probably be wearing white make-up for the role?

Considering it will be an unnatural white, it should be okay. Sort of like how the Joker can also be any race.

But yes, there will be the idiots pissed off about this.

Still, great to hear about casting.

Do you guys think some people might get angry that a black woman will probably be plastered in white make-up for the role?

saw no outrage with sofia in star trek i see no problem
cover-sofia-635x480.jpg

I'm more interested if Zazie will keep her hair. But I don't think Dom's makeup will be an issue. I can see her just having the black dot too without the unnatural whiteness.

Never. People are too quiet nowadays. I wouldn't worry.

It gets progressively harder to have any expectations for anything. Risk of getting permanent depression is pretty high.

I'm more interested if Zazie will keep her hair. But I don't think Dom's makeup will be an issue. I can see her just having the black dot too without the unnatural whiteness.

This.

They will just have the dot if it doesn't work or they are scared of controversy. Which they really shouldn't be, but the internet is full of bs and everyone loves to debate this stuff, so they have options.

Last edited:
I hope they go with Domino's traditional look. Anybody getting mad that a black actor is playing a mutant with literally white skin will be a minority. The general audience doesn't know this character and won't care.

I've read some comments with people saying they thought the producers would go with a big name actor. That's strange to me seeing as the first movie had no big names (other than Reynolds...and it's not like he's a big box office star...excluding Deadpool).

A lot of people still use the One Drop Rule

Twas a joke. And she's obviously got more than one drop, heh.

I only know her from Atlanta but interesting choice. Fun fact: Her Donald Glover are now both involved in Marvel movie.

This franchise has never been known to pursue A-list actors in the way the MCU does. I think it's worked out pretty well so far just looking at Dafne, Boyd and Stephen in Logan. These casting agents and directors know what they're doing.

Never seen her act so am just in wait and see made with this one.

This franchise has never been known to pursue A-list actors in the way the MCU does. I think it's worked out pretty well so far just looking at Dafne, Boyd and Stephen in Logan. These casting agents and directors know what they're doing.

yup i remember fans being perplexed by the casting for logan and deadpool 1 and both were amazing

I have literally never heard of her. Considering how many people were tested for the role, (at least that we know of) I have faith in her. She's a bit young to be Domino since I always imagined her to be somebody who's at least 35. Then again, Hugh Jackman was always a foot too tall to be Wolverine and he was fine.

I am fine with this casting I saw her in Atlanta and she is pretty funny in it ( the weed episode) I feel like they could have gotten someone better though...

I didn't see her audition so she gets just as much of a shot as any other casting choice.

I hope they go with Domino's traditional look. Anybody getting mad that a black actor is playing a mutant with literally white skin will be a minority. The general audience doesn't know this character and won't care.

I've read some comments with people saying they thought the producers would go with a big name actor. That's strange to me seeing as the first movie had no big names (other than Reynolds...and it's not like he's a big box office star...excluding Deadpool).

Hm. I'd argue that between Firefly, Serenity, Gotham, and Homeland, a good number of people are familiar with Morena Baccarin, so she'd at least be the other recognizable name.

There is no official word on casting but Zazie Beetz looks like a good fit for the role. I don't know much about her.

Hmm, they casted a younger actress. Based on wiki, she's only 25-26. IF they want to do the whole Cable/Domino romance, Cable's actor would likely be late 30's-early 40's, definitely not those fan favs late 50's-60 actors.

Zazie is Dom, Ryan's announcements are the word of God.

Looks like she will be a good choice, not seen her do anything but then I never had for NTW or Collossus for the first film so hopefully she will turn out great. Good age as well so can pay the role for some time if all things pan out. (hopefully X-Force!)

Glad to see things moving forward, now just for Cable..................

I have no issues with Zaz cast just depressed it won't be MEW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"