Don't read the 'Secret Six'! - says author Gail Simone

Discussion in 'DC Comics' started by Lackey, Apr 13, 2006.

1. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Yeah, but that won't last. Ra's is too good a villain to leave in the grave.

2. Kane Guest

Maybe Superboy will punch something and bring Ra's back

3. Pksoze Registered

Yeah but Diddio hinted he would come back.

And in Villains United Luthor messed with some Lazarus pits in case Ra's ever came back.

Plus Ra's is an environmentalist wacko, while Luthor is a materialist wacko.

They should fight.

4. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

It's been mentioned that the Society's under new management post-OYL. Perhaps Ra's has taken over in Alex Luthor's absence.
    Well, they do for some people. Have you seen the number of photo-manips people have done changing nude models into comic book heroines? One would think the nudes would be preferrable, but apparently one would be wrong.

5. Green Lantern Brightest Day

Brilliant :up:

6. twylight One And Only

Most of the guys here are highly critical, and it tends to go past the actual writting and into personal slurs. She is nice, I've seen her on internet boards.

However this letter kinda kills any and almost all expectations I had for the book.
    It's a horrible promotional tool, especially since it's been used before to greater frutition.

7. twylight One And Only

The 'one' being you? :p

I mean..look at Starfire...:o

8. Kane Guest

Which is exactly what I said... just in more derogatory terms.

9. Lackey Registered

most seem to forget she joked about Villains United, too, and that turned out very well... I don't get what this deal is with judging the comic book by some joke letter... I would think the actual preview would be a better gauge of how the comic is going to be. but that's just me :o

10. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Logic has no place here. For shame, Lackey. For shame! :mad:

11. twylight One And Only

Which is why I said it, without the derogatory terms.

12. Pksoze Registered

Nah I found the letter goofy & the naked guys thing didn't appeal to me but I really liked Villains United especially the Luthor & Vandal Savage scenes.

Plus I think she would be the perfect writer for a villain war special.

On a completely unrelated note....

Its really sad that Luthor & Ra's have never even met.

13. Kane Guest

Honestly shes appearing in Toronto in a few weeks later this month, a Toronto con. I could ask some dumb n00b questions about it and get an idea of what its all about....if she even decides to say anything in a serious manner.

Im going to that con just for the great Perez! He has so much sh^t to sign for me!

14. Green Lantern Brightest Day

Comics and logic? Why that's simply illogical, Captain.

15. ToddIsDead Registered

I'm planning on getting this. I liked Villians United.

16. Harlekin Business

I've always loved Gail's jokey nature, and she's been doing it for ages, long before Ellis' Nextwave was even a glint in his eye. I already planned on picking this up, so I'll overlook the naked guys, but this did nothing to turn me off from purchasing it.

17. That-Guy Registered

This is hilarious. I loved VU, and everytime I read an interview with Gail, I love her even more. Is she hot? Anyone know?

18. yenaled 3X2(9YZ)4A

Judge Away.

She is a bit chunky. She looks amazingly American actually - not meant as an insult, but show anyone that picture and they would know she was American.

Anyway, myself I'm looking forward to the book. Wish I could say the same about Gail's Atom :x

19. The Batman The Dark Knight

Because you're a pathetic dumbass. If some moron were posting ***** about me all the time trying to get a rise out of me, i wouldnt respond either. You act like she probably dosent know about your two faced ways, kissing her ass on comic bloc, and then saying crap about her here.

20. Spike_x1 Get off my bandwagon!

I'm eagerly anticipating this book. The letter made me chuckle a little bit, but it didn't affect my decision to buy it either way.

21. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

The preview looks good. I like the modified Catman costume, though I don't understand why he'd wear white. Kind of goes against his African savannah theme, doesn't it?

22. yenaled 3X2(9YZ)4A

He's arctic avenger catman, with grapling hook and kung-fu punch action.

23. Purple Man Registered

I've been a huge fan of Gail since she was writing Deadpool. When that series was canceled I wrote up a big essay about how great the series was and how it will be missed. Gail actually replied to that topic, which was the first and only time I've actually had the chance to communicate with a comic creator.

For such a small gesture, I am eternally grateful. Gail can turn books like Birds of Prey and Villains United into huge succcess'. Her only hiccup as of late has been her two issue arc in Teen Titans. Raven didn't know what a bowling pin was called?

24. Nightwing 52 Things change

I'll still pick it up. Villains United was a great mini-series, and a nice build up for Infinite Crisis. Usually, she makes random jokes about the books she's writing and this is just another one. The art for Secret Six really does look amazing, and I'm sure the book will be also.

[​IMG]

25. Lackey Registered

You do realize that link is in the first post of this thread, right? :)