doommachine's art thread

Finished that propaganda poster assignment. It came out pretty well I think.

0000r3fy

The illustration is fantastic. The text, on the other hand, kills it a bit. I guess it's the designer in me, but the abaddon style text doesn't really fit with the savage/Tarzan warrior you've got going, nor does it fit with the Army. I'm essentially just being picky. But if it's meant to mimic an actual ad, it might be good set up the typography.

I love the concept, and I love the illustration. egarza is right. You've got lots of talent. Even if that means having the ever painful talent for practicing until your eyes bleed.

Love it, that's an awesome, Might get me to join the army...

......Actually nothing can get me to join the army I'm sorry.

freaking amazing, although im not the BIGGEST fan of propaganda. ;)

Gteat stuff

Love the dinos
Thanks. I've just started on the inks, which hopefully will be done by Sunday night.

The illustration is fantastic. The text, on the other hand, kills it a bit. I guess it's the designer in me, but the abaddon style text doesn't really fit with the savage/Tarzan warrior you've got going, nor does it fit with the Army. I'm essentially just being picky. But if it's meant to mimic an actual ad, it might be good set up the typography.

I love the concept, and I love the illustration. egarza is right. You've got lots of talent. Even if that means having the ever painful talent for practicing until your eyes bleed.
Thanks. I absolutely agree about the type. It was, in every sense of the word, an afterthought, slapped in for the sake of the assignment. I'm not really much for lettering :p

Love it, that's an awesome, Might get me to join the army...

......Actually nothing can get me to join the army I'm sorry.
Haha thanks. I wouldn't want to either.

freaking amazing, although im not the BIGGEST fan of propaganda. ;)
Thanks. Yeah, I feel the same way. I tried not to put any personal politics into it one way or the other, but just to take the assignment as an opportunity to do an illustration that I could enjoy doing.

Thanks to all for the comments. :woot:

Because it's an assignment for my Advertising Illustration class and I don't want to fail. :p

the concept is really great, with the similar poses... the musculature on the warrior looks awesome!

I think I read a children's book like this but the dinosaurs were friendly (Crap!!!).

Thanks for the comments.

Just when I least expect it someone discovers that snowman. :D

hey we love that snowman and need to see more. Some of my favorite calvin and hobbs cartoons are him doing crazy snowmen.

lol maybe when I go home for christmas next week I'll get a chance to make a new one.

Here's a WIP movie poster I'm working on for my advertising class. The original idea was to have it more painted-ish and really atmospheric but then I realized that's almost exactly what I did for my last assignment in that class with the propaganda poster so I kept the layout but decided to do a more graphic approach, similar to the Hitchhiker's Guide book cover I did.

0000s8p8

PS, if you haven't seen this movie I HIGHLY recommend it.

Here's the final (barring any changes my teacher suggests) of that movie poster. I put "Coming Soon" because they're actually remaking it. Not sure how I feel about that; it's such a classic. Also, Keanu Reeves is playing Klatu (the alien), so who knows. Maybe it will be awesome. Anyway, here's the pic:

0000txhk

Comments?

great work, really! the first version i think gort kind of got tangled up in the background and didn't stand out, but the revision definitely fixes that problem. i think it's fantastic... obviously a bit frank miller sin city-ish but that isn't a problem. i love this movie so much... i can't believe they're going to remake it with keanu of all people! that guy can only do *bewildered* and *junkie* [and occasionally *bewildered junkie*], neither of which fits with klaatu

Thanks :) Yeah I'm really worried about the remake. I don't really see the point either, just watch the original.

Haha did you intentionally write "gort kind of tangled"? That's awesome.

Finally got those dinosaur pages inked and scanned:

0000xe7f

And this little project for my business class that I spent very little time on but still came out kind of cool:

0000wrkw

Thanks.

Here's a little self-caricature I did on cardboard.

0000yk0c

Finally got those dinosaur pages inked and scanned:

0000xe7f

And this little project for my business class that I spent very little time on but still came out kind of cool:

0000wrkw

Riveting work, Doom! :word:

very much deserving of a bump!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"