ampersands art

how did u make that scanner darkly picture of yourself i would like to do one of my own

I traced over a picture of myself to get the black lines and then put a filter over the pic to make it look painted. A few touch ups to clean things up and there I had it.

if im not mistaken u do manips right?:(

scan0001yp1.jpg

Wow... this is amazing. Love it. Love the whole thing, but really like the washed out 'V' symbol and the top left 'unfinished' corner... Really great!

You are amazing. I'd write more, but I have to go, but I looked through your entire thread, and you are amazing.

Are you the wildly talented, bastard son of Mignola, by chance?

That scanner darkly picture is awesome. We had to do something like that in my Computer Graphics class last year, and it was cool, but I found it complicating at times. Your's turned out really well though.

That V is incredible. Easily book-cover quality work. It's a shame so few people recognize and harness the awesomeness of water colors.

Keep up the good work!

..... It's a shame so few people recognize and harness the awesomeness of water colors.

Well I for one recognise the awesomeness of watercolours... but I've never, ever been able to use them effectively. Creating something like that is definitely a talent!

I just finished going through this entire thread and I have to say your artwork is simply amazing. The only thing negative I can say is that Superman should not have killed Batman.:csad: Fantastic artwork though.:woot:

Dude, more.
That's exactly what I've been saying to myself for the last 6 months! I haven't had all that much time to do art since starting college last august. Between school, work and other commitments I've been pretty busy. Since then I've only done a few finished things and the vast majority of my sketches are still at school in storage as they are in notebooks and such. There are a few more pieces in this thread, which I made when I thought this one had been lost.

Thanks to everyone for they're comments and complements. Hopefully I'll have some more stuff before the end of summer for you guys to check out. Some more watercolor stuff perhaps?

Hah, I'm sitting at my laptop writing a paper about the novel version of Fight Club and someone who calls them self Tyler Durden bumps my art thread up from the nether regions of the fan art forum. What are the chances.

Thanks a lot Tyler and ComicChick. I really need to get more art up here one of these days.

Damn Amp, long time no see. I hope your doing well. :D

your work is awesome it kind of reminds of mike mignola a bit.

rarely do art pages last 30 pages these days! this is deserving of a bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"