Double Dragon: Neon

Here's some Game play to go with that article

Double Dragon Neon

PAX East 12: Gameplay Part II (Cam) - Billy and Jimmy are back to celebrate 25 years of being...

new.gif

Posted 10 mins ag

Double Dragon Neon
PAX East 12: Gameplay Part I (Cam) - Billy and Jimmy are back to celebrate 25 years of being...
plat_ps3_default.gif
plat_psn_default.gif
plat_xb360_default.gif

new.gif

Posted 18 mins ago

source:GT

Last edited:
Looks pretty good overall. Though a couple of things bug me. I don't like Abobo having a bit of a pin head compared to his body and with the building walk into at the end turning into a rocket ship, it looks more like Neon will be more of a parody of Double Dragon than a proper go at rebooting the series.

Still, it looks like it will be fun to play and we can always hope for a full on retail release title.

whatever happened to the new Contra game? E3 last year released a teaser, but there hasn't been anything new since

it's cool we're getting an updated DD, but i'm looking more forward to Contra

By the looks of the articles, if we're lucky we may get some Toad-based DLC. That would be cool.

I remember playing one Battletaod game for the snes, but I never completed it, though I hear they're notoriously hard.
Not only hard, but literally impossible to beat, unless you're a machine.
I finished the games some time ago, but playing in a emulator, where I could save anywhere, anytime. Even so, it was frustratingly hard. The first Battletoads must be the hardest game I've ever played, but both games were still a lot of fun.

Nostalgia times 100 when I hear the music in this game. Double Dragon 1, 2, 3 and Super DD had the best soundtracks in videogame history.

Looks pretty good overall. Though a couple of things bug me. I don't like Abobo having a bit of a pin head compared to his body and with the building walk into at the end turning into a rocket ship, it looks more like Neon will be more of a parody of Double Dragon than a proper go at rebooting the series.

Still, it looks like it will be fun to play and we can always hope for a full on retail release title.

I like the 80's theme, and the fight style hasn't been updated at all. This is just a homage....an updated DD for the next gen consoles would be a dream come true...

• Double Dragon Neon

Preview
    on Aug 31, 2012 at 07:42 PM
    xbox360-icon.png

Double Dragon was one of the original co-op greats, so we're eagerly biding our time until Wayforward's modern day sequel finally hits the downloadable market.
    ... More
source:GI

The new Features such as la new villain named "skullmageddon," a new mix tape system that will upgrade new ability's like "Fireballs, " "grenade attacks," and more and they've renamed "co-op" for this as
"Bro-op"( No lie, they did actually do that.) in

Previews

Double Dragon Neon – Game Overview.

Jose finds out how a classic 80s beat 'em up game is being reborn with Double Dragon Neon.

Shows

September 6 – EP Daily – Full Show

Shaun sets sail with Titanic co-star Victor Garber for a look at the film’s legacy just in time for its Blu-ray debut; Jose finds out what to expect from the next season of Sons of Anarchy from the cast and crew; Miri investigates the indie horror film V/H/S with co-director Joe Swanberg and stars Sophia Takal and Helen Rogers; Victor has The Cold Light of Day, The Words, and more new movies in the Sonar; Jose finds out how a classic 80s beat ‘em up game is being reborn with Double Dragon Neon; Miri and Ben sink their teeth into the new Blu-ray edition of Jaws; and finally, Shaun catches up with the makers of the raunchy animated series Fugget About It.

and if you can't see it in any of those here's the last alternate

September 6 - EP Daily - 6

source: EPD.TV

Last edited:
Fallowing on what EPD.TV put up here's

• Composing Double Dragon Neon

Feature
    on Sep 07, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Jake Kaufman's soundtracks include hits like Contra 4, BloodRayne: Betrayal, and the upcoming Double Dragon Neon. Find out about Billy and Jimmy's band and more inside.
    ... More

My brother and I are actually really pissed this game doesn't have online co-op. Granted, it's our fault for not looking into it before buying, but we just assumed a game like this would have to have online co-op.

Researching it now seems to suggest they were never specific on if it would or wouldn't. Supposedly there will be a patch for it later, but who knows when, if at all, that will happen. We were really looking forward to this one, too. :csad:

I absolutely love this game. Game mechanics aside, the nostalgia trip alone is worth the price. Some inspirations I saw in this game:

1). Big Trouble in Little China
2). Skelator from He-Man
3). Power Ballads, Prince, Michael Jackson, La Roux
4). Double Dragon II: The Revenge for NES
5). Double Dragon 1
6) Super C (boss music)
7). The Rocketeer
8). Gremlins (in the pre production gallery)

I'm in the process of beating the hardest difficulty right now.

Me and my friend had a blast with this game. Loved the soundtrack, especially the final song by Skullmageddon.

I can't believe IGN gave this a 3.

I don't have a bro to play bro-op :( that patch needs to come out. I was hoping you could drive that awesome firebird that was in the garage...maybe in a later DLC.

OK guys, I need help on Double Dragon mode on the final boss fight with Skullmageddon. I notice they give you a hair pick at the beginning...do they expect you to carry that all the way until the last fight?

Alright, I beat the hardest difficulty mode, beat the gamw without using any special moves.

Has anybody gotten the 'Ro-Bro' mode to work? I've tried and tried and the code doesn't do a thing.

You've got to hold all the buttons down together, not input them in sequence. I had a bit of trouble with the code myself when first trying to input it.

Got it to work after 2 quick tries by pressing all the buttons at once. Wierd...too bad you don't keep the strength that you had when fighting the final boss fight.

You don't have quite the power you had, but I'm fairly sure that you're still more powerful than the basic version of the brothers.

I'm wondering though. Has there been any definite word on when the co-op patch may come?

Another thing. I recall them saying they might do Battletoads as DLC, but that was just in a pre-release interviews. I'm wondering have they talked about possible DLC post launch?

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing an Abobo dressed up as a redesigned He-man much like Skullmageddon is a parody of Skeletor.

• The True Story Of Double Dragon

classic
    on Dec 28, 2013 at 07:00 PM

The original Double Dragon was one of the first beat-em-ups to ever hit arcades. For a time it was a cultural icon, but how well do you know it's story?
    ... More

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"