Double Dragon: Neon

Is the online co-op only on Steam or did they finally get around to patching it for Playstation? My brother and I really wanted to play this but never got around to it without online co-op.

it's been while since I touched that game. I'll look into it for ya. its online co-op that was the issue for you from what I under stand right?

ok I looked into it the reason this is happening for steam is cause The game was in development for Microsoft Windows, to be released in Q1 of 2014, and they said it will include online cooperative multiplayer. which was missing in the current versions in homes now on the ps3 version and so on.

this feature was just added specifically for it. nothing has been said about the console version's just yet. I'll inform you if any thing change's there as well.

Last edited:
Here’s A Look At The Double Dragon Fighter Coming To PSOne Classics Today. January 14, 2014 . 4:30pm

This is a Double Dragon fighting game, based on the movie, and was never released outside of Japan.

MonkeyPaw Games are bringing six more import PSOne Classics to the PlayStation Network
http://www.siliconera.com/tag/playstation-network/
over the next few weeks, starting today. The first game to be made available will be
Double Dragon, but not the Double Dragon you know.
[YT]BbTYz6U2fmU[/YT]

This is a Double Dragon fighting game, based on the movie, and was never released outside of Japan. Originally developed for the Neo-Geo and later ported to the PlayStation, it includes both Billy and Jimmy Lee are playable characters, along with a number of others.

Double Dragon will be available today for $5.99, and MonkeyPaw have released gameplay footage of it, which you can check out above.

source:Siliconera

Last edited:

Arc System Works Want To Revive Kunio-Kun, Double Dragon, And Other Games In The West. August 17, 2015 . 5:00pm

Since Acquiring the rights to franchises such as Kunio-kun and Double Dragon,
Arc System Works president has been looking forward to expanding with more development for console and arcade.

Arc System Works are known for their fighters like the BlazBlue and Guilty Gear series, but they all develop various smaller titles on the side. Since acquiring the property rights to Double Dragon, Kunio-kun and other franchises, president Minoru Kidooka spoke about his wish to revive more of Technos’ series.

Since June 1st, 2015, Arc System Works acquired all property rights of titles previously owned by Technos Japan, and later by Million Co. While it remained unknown as to what Arc System Works planned to do with these properties at the time, Kidooka mentions in the interview that he’d like to add them to their lineup and continue raising them as important brands.

Famitsu asks the Arc System Works president about his thoughts upon learning about the acquisition.

“I thought it was great,” says Kidooka. “We’ve worked on various titles from Technos Japan up until now, and I see them as titles that will surely please the players. Again, I believe there are many that can be developed for smartphone, and they’re also very popular in the West.”

Next, they ask about what kind of development they have in plans next.

“First, we’ll do what we’ve been doing, and continue developing titles for Nintendo 3DS and other console games,” responds Kidooka.

“Additionally, Technos Japan has titles that have roots to arcade game, and personally, I’d love to see them get revived on arcades, once again,” he continues. “In addition to bringing back titles such as Kunio-kun and Double Dragon to arcades, we’d also like to expand in countries we haven’t been able to in the past with foreign developments, not limited to only North America, but China and other countries as well.”

Read more stories about Arc System Works on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

This has nothing to do with Double Dragon neon.

Could just ask a mod to re-name this thread to something like 'All things Double Dragon'.

Could just ask a mod to re-name this thread to something like 'All things Double Dragon'.
This is soapy's thread though I'll ask. but alot people out side of here understood what going down. These are the people that own double dragon over all and Double Dragon: Neon did decently well.

If a guy from the articles self comment's got 6 upvotes for saying this as I'm showcasing below

• Professor_Icepick • 16 hours ago I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd love it if Arc System Works greenlit a sequel to Double Dragon Neon from WayForward. That's probably my favorite beat-'em-up of last gen (which doesn't really sound so hot, I know) but it's really a hidden gem.

votes 6

but there really weren't many people dumping Neon. people got the point, more games in the west likely, people liked Neon . And this article is these are the people that are likely to have another sequal to Neon happen, since they own the overall ip they can easily have what was formerly known as wayforward do another game.

I'll ask mod about the thread though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"