• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Doug Hutchinson Talks "Punisher: War Zone"

Wolverine11222

Civilian
Reaction score
Source: http://www.doughutchison.com

2007 was a full year for me. I shot 3 movies: DAYS OF WRATH, THE BURROWERS, and PUNISHER:WAR ZONE. Hopefully, this year, they’ll all have the opportunity to see the light of day at a theater near you. PUNISHER already has a release date scheduled for September 12th. Lion’s Gate is distributing domestically and Sony is handling the international distribution, so ... keep your fingers crossed. PUNISHER could be a box office dynamo!
I initially passed on PUNISHER because I didn’t respond to the script nor the role of LBJ (Looney Bin Jim). However, persistent by nature, Lexi Alexander called to pitch the movie and her vision to me.

Lexi’s passion was contagious and -- by the end of our phone conversation -- she had me wrapped around her little finger. I will be forever grateful for that phone call because PUNISHER was, hands down, the best experience I’ve ever had on a film set since THE GREEN MILE.

The cast and crew were impeccable. Lexi is one of the most impassioned and creative directors I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with. Our DP, Steve Gainer, is an artistic genius; a magician of shadows and light. Ray Stevenson delivered a poignant stoic performance as Frank Castle, the Punisher. And I had a virtual blast playing LBJ. Lexi gave me license to riff and run with my instincts. No holds barred. I was unleashed!

We shot PUNISHER in Canada and I fell in love with Montreal. The city offers mouthwatering restaurants, gorgeous architecture, embracing people, and the most beautiful women in the world. I had the good fortune to experience October in Montreal when the trees were turning a kaleidescopic cornucopia of amber, orange, and canary yellow.

On my last weekend there, we were pounded with the biggest snowstorm in Montreal history since the 1940s. I was in awe of the endless white stuff falling from the sky and accumulating in over two feet of snowdrifts on the ground! Growing up in Michigan, I’m no stranger to intense winters, but -- having lived in Los Angeles for the past 17 years -- I forgot how beautiful it is ... the snow ... especially in December ... around Christmas time ... absolutely magical ...

I’m looking into buying a home in Montreal. I not only fell for the city, but for a sweet French-Canadian woman by the name of Chantal who worked as the hairdresser on PUNISHER and consequently captured my heart ... (sigh) ...

When I look back and reflect on the most significant experiences in my life, I marvel at how they appear to materialize when I least expect them. There is a delicate balance between effort and surrender. Isn’t there? Life is a series of pushing forward and then letting go, saying no then saying yes inhaling ... exhaling ... and ultimately surrendering to the Stillness inbetween ...

Then when you least expect it: magic happens. Doors open. You fall in love. Unexpectedly.

2008 is the Chinese Year of the Rat. I was born a Rat.

I think it’s gonna be a helluva magical year.

For you, too, I trust (o:

Abracadabra.

Love & Light,

DH*

haha props to him for finding love in the warzone

Great find, thanks Wolverine11222! He first turned down the role probably read the same script Tom Jane passed on. I can't wait for the War Zone trailer!

Amazing find!!

Hutchinson was so creepy in The X-files and in The Green Mile! I'm glad he's busy making movies b/c the man is very talented. I can't wait to see him in War Zone.

The cast and crew were impeccable. Lexi is one of the most impassioned and creative directors I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with. Our DP, Steve Gainer, is an artistic genius; a magician of shadows and light. Ray Stevenson delivered a poignant stoic performance as Frank Castle, the Punisher. And I had a virtual blast playing LBJ. Lexi gave me license to riff and run with my instincts. No holds barred. I was unleashed!

I love this paragraph! :unishr::up:

Who was he in TGM, i havent seen the movie but would probably recognise the character, is he the guy who stands on the mouse/rat?

Yeah he was that slimy bastard who was running his mouth all the time. An amazing performance by Hutchinson! He completely owned bigger names like Tom Hanks and David Morse in that movie. If you ask me, he deserves to get more roles in high profile movies.

He was a scene stealer in the Green Mile. He gave a very menacing and realistic portrayal in that movie. I'm glad he's saying great things about Lexi and the movie in general, and everything sounds genuine. This will be the Punisher film we've been waiting for. By the way, Garth Ennis should write Warzone 2.

He was a scene stealer in the Green Mile. He gave a very menacing and realistic portrayal in that movie. I'm glad he's saying great things about Lexi and the movie in general, and everything sounds genuine. This will be the Punisher film we've been waiting for. By the way, Garth Ennis should write Warzone 2.

[YT]iVTvQWoYB4g[/YT]

:applaud

Now thats what I'm talking about!
The man knows quality, and he speaks the truth.

I've not travelled the world, but I went across the provinces here, and some of your states, and I definitely have not seen such a high density of hot women elsewhere.

Plus we do have a variety of amazing restaurants. :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"