Punisher 2 director!

I don't know about this.
I am not really confident in this decision, at all, but I will not condemn the film. I will wait and see.

Lexi Alexander has a perfect style for this film, but the thing that will really make or break this film is the script.

she can't do any worse than the Tampa boy director.

and casting Stevenson is a good sign.

Interesting she's a martial arts champion....

To be honest, I'm really happy with this decision... I'm interested in seeing perhaps a woman's perspective on it, whatever that maybe. It's refreshing perhaps will get something better than a mediocre action film like last time...

I LIKE THE IDEA OF A WOMAN DIRECTING THIS!!! TWO MEN HAVE DONE IT AND THINGS JUST HAVEN'T CLICKED, DON'T GET ME WRONG TOM JANE WAS GREAT, BUT LET'S FACE IT THE MOVIE WASN'T, IT WAS ENJOYABLE THOUGH!!! I LIKE THAT THEY'RE THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX, MAYBE LEXI CAN BRING A NEW PERSPECTIVE TO THE PUNISHER THAT WILL CAPTURE PEOPLE'S INTEREST, I'LL GIVE HER A CHANCE, SHE COULDN'T POSSIBLY DO ANY WORSE THEN THE FELLAS!!!:oldrazz::D:up:

Way I see it, the 04 Punisher was better than the 89 verison and the sequel could be better than the 04 film.

casting ray stevenson as the punisher really is a good sign cuz the way i look at it, if they had cast a hollywood prettyboy id think all they were really trying to do was make a movie which will pull in a lot of women. Thus making Castle more heroic, and loverboyish...By casting Ray it seems theyre headed for the Garth Ennis marvel max approach...Big scary and rugged.

I think they should have the stories of Year One, Punisher War Jornal, and Circle Of Blood in order in one movie with a Garth Ennis dark, more violent creepy action feel to it, to make the 04 Punisher movie look like a Barney movie.

Way I see it, the 04 Punisher was better than the 89 verison and the sequel could be better than the 04 film.

That it could. Totally agree there. Maybe Stevenson himself won't be liked as much but if the film in it's entirety is better...

Or maybe Stevenson will hit a homerun. Let's see. Remember how angry everyone was when Bana wasn't wanted for the new Hulk. Now look.

Hope she does the character justice. Bring on P2!

Hey, hey! This isn't the SAW series! :p

Hey, hey! This isn't the SAW series! :p

No but this is the Punisher series which is being rebooted for the third time without ever getting a real "sophmore" film. I'd just like the assurance that for once They're actually going to do a Punisher film.... and then eventually a sequel to it with the same damn actor!

I never heard the word rebooted yet with this.

The Punisher,' which starred Thomas Jane in the 2004 incarnation, will get a redo.

Lionsgate is overhauling "The Punisher," setting an October start date for a new franchise that will be built on the broad shoulders of "Rome" star Ray Stevenson.

Director Lexi Alexander, the German-born former world kickboxing champ who directed "Hooligans," will helm the film, which will aim for an R rating.
Nick Santora, Kurt Sutter, Matt Holloway and Art Marcum wrote the script. Gale Anne Hurd and Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige are producing with Avi Arad. MHF Zweite Academy Film is financing.
Stevenson was first seen in Hollywood alongside Clive Owen in the Antoine Fuqua-directed "King Arthur," but he's known for playing the Roman soldier Titus Pullo in the HBO series.
"Ray was the first name I wrote down after I saw 'Rome,' because he managed to keep the audience caring about him despite being the most violent guy," said Feige.
New project will mark the third screen incarnation for "The Punisher," which originated in a comicbook about Frank Castle, a Marine-turned-vigilante who is driven by a desire to avenge the murder of his family after they witness a gangland killing.
Property was turned into a 1989 film that starred Dolph Lundgren and then into a 2004 pic that starred Thomas Jane.
New film will be set in New York, where Castle runs up against a mobster. Pic will be exec produced by Oliver Hengst, Bill Johnson, Mike Paseornek and John Sacchi. Ernst-August Schneider and Wolfgang Shamberg are associate producers.

My only hope is that this will at least FEEL like a sophomore film and won't have the origin stuff, or at most a few flash backs here and there to fill you in.

^ If they did it sort of like Max Payne they could kind of explain it along the way very effectively. The Dolph film did that but that was a D effort all the way no matter how much someone may have liked it.

I thought Max Payne had his motivation laid out right from the start, isn't the first scene his family's death?

I thought Max Payne had his motivation laid out right from the start, isn't the first scene his family's death?

That's true, but they didn't dwell on it for like. Something like that could work for this film: Quick flash back to show the folks at why the Punisher does what he does. Five minutes in and out, and the 85 minutes left spent focusing on Punisher punishing people.

That it could. Totally agree there. Maybe Stevenson himself won't be liked as much but if the film in it's entirety is better...

Or maybe Stevenson will hit a homerun. Let's see. Remember how angry everyone was when Bana wasn't wanted for the new Hulk. Now look.

Yeah, I think it's a wait and see type of thing with Stevenson right now. But for me, i'm totally supporting the guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"