New Official Title - The Punisher: War Zone

antsiou

Civilian
Reaction score
http://movies.ign.com/articles/816/816483p1.html
Punisher 2 Title Revealed
And it's straight out of the comics.
by Stax

August 28, 2007 - The official publicity site for Lionsgate Films has revealed that the title for the Punisher sequel will be Punisher: War Zone. No release date for the Lexi Alexander-directed sequel was given; the film is only listed as "coming soon."

Earlier reports had pegged The Punisher 2 as being called The Punisher: Welcome Back, Frank. The Punisher: War Zone was also the name of a Marvel comic book series that ran from 1992-95, as well as the title for a previous film sequel screenplay penned by Jonathan Hensleigh, who also directed the 2004 Punisher film.

Ray Stevenson stars as Frank Castle in this film, succeeding Thomas Jane in the role. The screenplay was written by Nick Santora, Kurt Sutter, Matt Holloway and Art Marcum. Filming begins this fall in Montreal for a release sometime in 2008.

Maybe some mod could rename the forum??

I was happy w/welcome back frank but this is fine. I actually wouldn't mine a Max title or logo attached to this to separate it even more from the last film.

Nice. It actually sounds like a theatrical movie title now.

Found it right here:

http://www.lionsgatepublicity.com/index_flash.html

Upcoming Releases

Ladron Que Roba A LadronAug 31
3:10 To YumaSept 7
Good Luck ChuckSept 21
Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married?Oct 12
Saw IVOct 26
Thomas Kinkade's The Christmas CottageNov 30
The EyeFeb 1, 2008
CollegeMar 14, 2008
Foodfight!April 11, 2008
Forbidden KingdomApril 18, 2008
ReligulousSpring 2008
The SpiritJan 16, 2009
Bachelor No. 2Coming Soon
The BurrowersComing Soon
DaybreakersComing Soon
Earth Coming Soon
Five FingersComing Soon
John RamboComing Soon
Tyler Perry's Meet the BrownsComing Soon
Midnight Meat Train
Coming Soon Punisher: War ZoneComing Soon Repo!
The Genetic OperaComing Soon
The ReturnComing Soon
TeethComing Soon
TendernessComing Soon TuliaComing Soon

Good news, now all we need is the forum name to change.

yea i voted for punisher: war zone in punisher 04's poll...but now come to think of it a max punisher title wouldve been kool especially since it seems that might be the direction most fans want to go and ray stevenson looks so much like the punisher we see in that series anyway.

nice! i didn't have a problem with the welcome back frank title, but war zone is definitely a much better choice.

Like the title!!! Do you know what else those writers have written before?

Punisher: War Zone. Hmmm....

Oo-rah, marine. That just made my dick move.:up:

Very glad to hear this!! They have to be reading these boards!! They have to! There was a lot of criticism going on for "Welcome Back Frank" on these boards. That was the title to the book the '04 movie was based on. To name the new movie that made no sense. Now, this new film may not be based on the War Zone book, but it is a MUCH, MUCH better choice in my opinion and the one I was championing for.

It was obvious they'd change the working title for War Zone.
Someone will have to change the name of the forums, tee-hee... ;)

I like it - the more I hear the more I hope this film will kick some ass. :woot:

but i loved "THE PUNISHER: WELCOME BACK, FRANK"

too bad

it's not cliché

Yes!!!I perfer War Zone.
I was in IGN.com and i read that it was going to be called The Punisher War Zone.

I like the War Zone title more than Welcome back Frank :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"