Punisher 2 director!

Reaction score
Punisher 2 director!

As you all know; Thomas Jane booked out of PUNISHER 2 stating: "What I won't do is spend months of my life sweating over a movie that I just don't believe in." hence LG is presently looking for their new Frank Castle. Jonathan Hensleigh who helmed the original also skipped out on this round (he still has a hand in the script though) and for a while John Dahl (who would have been a perfect choice IMO) was rumored to be filling his clip as director. Well he isn't.
We just got whim from a source within the production that LEXI ALEXANDER (Hooligans - Labor Day) will in fact be directing the Punisher sequel this year in my hometown of Montreal, Canada. So there you have it; a dame will be doing the Punisher. Good thing? Bad thing? Talk amongst yourselves. I feel it might be a good move! Now question is, who would you see as the next Punisher? Gun out your picks below!

http://www.joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=8154

wow thats kool hope its true, green street is a well made film hope she can pull it off.

I haven't seen 'Hooligans', so I can't say how she is as an director. But this smells bad, real bad. When two people don't to it cause it's a bad script... It's time to re-think what you're doing.

My sis has Hooligans on DVD. Gotta borrow it now.

Apparently she's a kickboxer, so the fights will probably be pretty good. I'm really worried about the script though.

WHat a joke. Jane appears to have been the only person who gave 2 S**ts about the Punisher franchise, w/o him who cares about this stuff?

Well, if its true, a mighty congrats is in store for Lexi Alexander. With any luck, she'll be willing to grab this beast by the gonads, and make it her own, with the willingness to make sure it stays true to the source material. Lexi, if you're reading, grab control...get control of the script issue, and do us all proud. We're rooting for ya.

I agree, hopefully she'll be great! Im just excited to hear some news.

I saw Green Streat Hooligans at Circuit City in a bargain bin for 4.99. I didn't pick it up but it had good reviews on the back cover. It wasn't a film that got mass exposure so the DVD wasn't like a massive seller.

I bought green street hooligans at blockbuster used last week. I watched it today (what are the odds?) and loved it. There were a few problems with the editing.... but after you watch that movie you want to slam beers and beat people up.

It's like a british, less serious (lower body count), version of boyz in da hood.

I am excited about this news.... all other news in recent months has been.... aw ****... what the ****... ew....

I think she'll definately be able to deliver a gritty action flick... she has one under her belt already... in a manner of speaking

ps- thanks advanced for the heads up on myspace...

did anyone see any of her other movies?

What other movies? I think it's just the one. I can't believe they got a German WOMAN whose only experience is a soccer hooligan story. Not to sound overly sexist but a woman with no experience helming The Punisher is just as bad as it gets.

I hope she can lure Tom Jane back and then it will definitely be getting a good start again.

Since a womens directing this maybe the Punisher will become more in touch with his senstive side.:oldrazz:

Not to sound overly sexist but a woman with no experience helming The Punisher is just as bad as it gets.

No only is that overly sexist... something you were not trying to sound like.... it pretty much makes no sense at all.... I don't even know what that is supposed to mean.... how does it make sense? Name three women with expierence directing The Punisher.... then realize that Lexi Alexander isnt helming The Punisher, she is helming The Punisher 2. It would be gay for her to direct The Punisher 1.... that movie was out in 04 (and in 89). Do you want a trilogy of Punisher #1's?

Did you guys know Lexi is a Martial Arts champion? I didn't know that...or I missed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"