Doug Jones and I had a short myspace Convo.

doug jones would fit right in to a star wars movie. he is the premiere special effects actor out there. i don't think i've ever seen him in a role that didn't involve cg or prosthetics. he is great for that. with actors like that, physical SFX will never die. cg should be a helpful tool, not the norm. i LOVE physical effects.

I so what him to play Deadman, its almost as if he was born for that role.
Also, after seeing Cabinet of Dr. Caligari with him as Cesare he'd be an awesome Joker.

i could see him playing a traditional joker. he has the build for it. and the face. and the eccentricities

he is indeed. and i like that doug jones is getting to voice him this time around. david hyde's voice was cool, but it's almost like cheating jones out of half of his performance.

Atleast David refused to be credited..
Doug sounds alot like him now. Did you see the intro video?

yeah. i loved it. i had heard his voice in that first hellboy cartoon movie that was on cartoon network.

but yeah, he was cool in that intro. i love the way abe looks. this movie is gonna be really cool.

One word: EPIC.
Thats what I feel about HBII, maybe Del Toro is cutting his teeth for The Hobbit.

bah. maybe. del toro can handle big fantasy work. we've seen it time and time again. he did the only good blade movie. pan was a critical darling. hellboy was just cool as hell. and yeah, this next hellboy looks epic. del toro is a guy who can do anything he wants right now. and he seems like the nicest guy too. i like del toro and have tons of respect for him.

that being said, i think the hobbit would be a waste of his time. i want him to do more stuff that isn't in the mainstream view. a LOTR prequel comes with all this other baggage. hellboy is underground. i think if he could immediately do another hellboy, he'd choose it over the hobbit

I'm thinking about seeing if I could interview him for the Hype.. Do you have any questions you want answered?

hmm. maybe ask why he chooses such physically demanding roles that usually include hours of make-up work and are devoid of facial recognition, and are they more satisfying than traditional acting roles.

Man, weve already talked about thsi on aim so you kno how i feel about the awesome situation.

And Luchastyle, that is sweet that Danielson sent you a request. Alot of the indy wrestlers do respond if you talk to them. It's pretty cool.

First of all, to any doubters, that is indeed Doug Jones who answered.

And as for Deadman, when GdT was publicised as being involved, Doug told me immediately that he would love to play the character. I think it would be just perfect casting.

HM

As an aside, if Doug was to be involved in the Batman universe, my choice as a role for him would be The Riddler.

HM

Man, weve already talked about thsi on aim so you kno how i feel about the awesome situation.

And Luchastyle, that is sweet that Danielson sent you a request. Alot of the indy wrestlers do respond if you talk to them. It's pretty cool.
yeah. a lot of guys respond back. colt cabana responded back. didn't write anything too personal, but i could tell he read what i wrote. dave prazak and josh abercrombie are really cool. i talked to rob conway a little :whatever: don't even know why. but yeah, a lot of indy guys are cool like that.

OKay. I've got a new message from His publicist John, he said if I could get a few Questions together, he'd have Doug answer them! Okay, so who has questions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"