No Way Home "Down Came The Goblin, and Took The Spider Out" - Willem Dafoe Needs His Thread Too

Whether he gets plucked out right before the glider kills him or he gets revived later and then plucked out, isn't the result still the same? Either way, he's getting removed from the Raimi timeline. The second option seems like it'd need a lot more explanation.
the second option keeps the events of the Raimi timeline consistent if he was revived in secret and stayed hidden. the first option would mean an alternate Raimi timeline

the second option keeps the events of the Raimi timeline consistent if he was revived in secret and stayed hidden. the first option would mean an alternate Raimi timeline

Ah, I see what you mean. Makes sense. Feel like it might be easier though to just have Norman removed from his timeline right after his funeral and revived by whoever is causing all of this.

The second option is a more streamlined approach picking up both Goblin and Ock at points where they don't affect the Raimi continuity.

Having Norman Osborn's body stolen and revived by someone else could work, but I personally prefer the idea he revived himself and went into hiding planning his return.

The second option is a more streamlined approach picking up both Goblin and Ock at points where they don't affect the Raimi continuity.

Having Norman Osborn's body stolen and revived by someone else could work, but I personally prefer the idea he revived himself and went into hiding planning his return.
yeah, whether someone revived him or he did it himself, it is much more streamlined. I'd rather they don't fxck with Raimi's continuity and make alternate universes of that one too.

I do think it will be him reviving himself, coz I think there is more to those visions Harry kept seeing in the mirror

Maybe Goblin, Ock and Electro are pulled out just before they die, their disappearance creates alternate timelines, but Tobey and Andrew come from the timeline we know from the movies where they all died.

Maybe Goblin, Ock and Electro are pulled out just before they die, their disappearance creates alternate timelines, but Tobey and Andrew come from the timeline we know from the movies where they all died.
if that actually happened then why wouldn't the Tobey & Andrew from those alternate timelines show up? Why would the ones from the main timelines show up?

Plus, it is ambiguous enough what actually happened to Electro. I'm pretty sure if the asm series didn't get cancelled, he would have been back for a sinister 6 movie

Because it's multiverse of madness? Why not?

Don't overthink it.
the fact that you're even suggesting it is making me overthink it. why not? i'll tell you why not:

-because it's a big enough significant event for the MCU to crossover with the Raimi and ASM universes. If they are bringing in Tobey's Spider & Andrew's Spider to have them be alternate versions of the characters we saw in the movies, nothing then really is being added to their legacies since they're technically not the same characters. But the whole appeal of all this is to add to their legacies
-because it would make more sense for the supposed alternate Tobey Spider & Andrew Spider to feel responsible for their missing villains in their respective alternate universes, they would feel the actual concern. In fact, if the original Tobey & Andrew return to fight alternate versions of their villains, then the alternate Tobey & Andrew would never get their due closure.
-because just writing it off as "it's multiverse of madness" really just comes off as nothing more than a copout answer

Last edited:
the fact that you're even suggesting it is making me overthink it. why not? i'll tell you why not:

-because it's a big enough significant event for the MCU to crossover with the Raimi and ASM universes. If they are bringing in Tobey's Spider & Andrew's Spider to have them be alternate versions of the characters we saw in the movies, nothing then really is being added to their legacies since they're technically not the same characters. But the whole appeal of all this is to add to their legacies
-because it would make more sense for the supposed alternate Tobey Spider & Andrew Spider to feel responsible for their missing villains in alternate universe, they would feel the actual concern. In fact, if the original Tobey & Andrew return to fight alternate versions of their villains, then the alternate Tobey & Andrew would never get their due closure.
-because just writing it off as "it's multiverse of madness" really just comes off as nothing more than a copout answer

You definitely overthink it.

I only care about the original Tobey and Andrew fighting Goblin, Ock and Electro.

Who cares what happened in those those other timelines? Such timelines with minor changes is infinite and we should also think about them?

it's just a convenience so we could saw Tobey and Andrew fight their biggest enemies plotting something in Tom's timeline and that's it.

In the end, it's about stopping the bad guys and nothing else. You can just assume that in these alternate lines, Tobey got married to Mary Jane, and Andrew saved Gwen, and that the disappearance of their enemies improved their lives, not made them worse.

You definitely overthink it.
Like I said, the fact that you're inviting the idea of alternate timelines of those universes is what's making me overthink it.
I only care about the original Tobey and Andrew fighting Goblin, Ock and Electro.

Who cares what happened in those those other timelines?
I do. If they are going to introduce alternate universes with alternate characters, then by extension I want those characters to have closure too. Adding more loose ends and not addressing them is bad storytelling.
Such timelines with minor changes is infinite and we should also think about them?
The villains of the alternate universes disappearing is not a minor change.

it's just a convenience so we could saw Tobey and Andrew fight their biggest enemies plotting something in Tom's timeline and that's it.
I'd rather the story circumvent the creation of alternate universes just to have the convenience of extra Spider-Men. I'd prefer they let all of this happen in the main Tobey/Garfield universes.

In the end, it's about stopping the bad guys and nothing else. You can just assume that in these alternate lines, Tobey got married to Mary Jane, and Andrew saved Gwen, and that the disappearance of their enemies improved their lives, not made them worse.
I don't want to assume anything. Loki's tv show alone relies a lot on the viewer making assumptions which is why a lot of the time in discussion at least, the show falls flat for me. If the plot involves alternate timelines, then there needs to be closure for the alternate timelines and the main timeline.

Last edited:
My preference is that Dafoe is not in this at all. But if he must be, I would like for MCU Norman to be played by somebody else, and to ruthlessly murder Dafoe's campy Osborn. I would find that to be an incredibly entertaining intro to the character.

You're out, @pr0xyt0xin.

Henry_Balkan.jpg

My preference is that Dafoe is not in this at all. But if he must be, I would like for MCU Norman to be played by somebody else, and to ruthlessly murder Dafoe's campy Osborn. I would find that to be an incredibly entertaining intro to the character.

Ned Hobgoblin will probably kill him off anyway and usurp his place as the default goblin villain of the series.

Someone really doesn't like Dafoe's Goblin I see. :funny:

Well! I do actually love willem dafoe. And I think he really did provide a solid performance in Raimi's series. But he's very old and I can't imagine he's down for Dark Avengers/Iron Patriot or any continued arcs in this MCU saga.

I feel like casting him as the primary Green Goblin would be a mistake.

As fun as things like Dark Avengers/Iron Patriot may be in comic form let's hope they never go that route on the big screen. Let's not ruin the arguably closest we have to an arch nemesis to Spider-Man by going down that route. :/

How does him playing Raimiverse Goblin guarantee he'll also be playing MCU's Norman Osborn?

I don't know how you came to that conclusion.
I guess I dont see how you came to the conclusion that I came to that conclusion.

I said that he shouldnt play the primary goblin.

I guess I dont see how you came to the conclusion that I came to that conclusion.
Bruh:

But he's very old and I can't imagine he's down for Dark Avengers/Iron Patriot or any continued arcs in this MCU saga.
What else were you implying here? You're really confusing me lol

He's saying Dafoe is too old to be doing roles in the mcu beyond nwh

I'm on the same bout tbh. This isn't just toms trilogy end. This is a spiderman love letter. I doubt well be seeing anything on this scale of fanservice for a while if the rumors r true.

I'm on the same bout tbh. This isn't just toms trilogy end. This is a spiderman love letter. I doubt well be seeing anything on this scale of fanservice for a while if the rumors r true.
Yeah but in Goblin years, Dafoe is only about 14.

I know. I'm just wondering why he assumes Dafoe will feature in future MCU movies when this is most likely just a one-off appearance.

Didn't SpideyForever say Dafoe's GG stays in the MCU by the end of the film?

Supposedly. Though with his recent attitude, I'm starting to wonder what parts of that leak were right and others wrong or made up. Only reason I somewhat trust it is because ViewerAnon indirectly corroborated it as matching what he'd heard of NWH at the time SpideyForever245 posted it.

Supposedly. Though with his recent attitude, I'm starting to wonder what parts of that leak were right and others wrong or made up. Only reason I somewhat trust it is because ViewerAnon indirectly corroborated it as matching what he'd heard of NWH at the time SpideyForever245 posted it.

Just had a look at his Reddit profile in a while there. I think he's a bit of a power trip **** to be honest. Maybe he did work on the film or knows someone who does and that's how he got that initial info but he's using that to just push through things for his own gain. He said on Twitter he's starting a Patreon now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"