Downloadable NeoGeo classics on PS3

Zenien

Reaction score
SNK classics get green light from Sony to serve up NeoGeo classics via PlayStation Store but there's no word from Microsoft on Live Arcade

Fans of SNK classics such as King of Fighters would love to see a selection of the firm's classic Neo-Geo titles available to download on Sony's PlayStation Store and Xbox Live Arcade.

We've all seen how well Street Fighter II' Hyper Fighting recently did on Xbox Live and the call's already been made for more retro fighters to be released.

Speaking to CVG Soichiro Hosoya, director of SNK game titles, said, "We've discussed an online delivery service for our classic NeoGeo titles through next-gen formats and Sony Computer Entertainment has agreed to our propositions." All good then in the world of PlayStation, though what the games will be and when they'll launch haven yet to be confirmed.

But the firm has yet to hear back from Microsoft about the possibility of the games heading to Xbox Live Arcade. "We've been sending our propositions to Microsoft for a while, but it will depend on their policy for the Xbox Live Arcade," continued Hosoya. "Of course, we wish to launch our NeoGeo titles through Xbox Live Arcade but we cannot tell whether they'll accept our offer or not at present."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=149763

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This doesnt exactly spark my interest, but same goes for any flashback game **** that they have on 360. It's a bit hypocritical in my opinon.

GoldenAgeHero said:
3 days ago and still no one gives damn.

If no one likes Neogeo games then no one deserves to breath.

If they dont go on XBLA I will kill myself :(

(because its less painful than getting a PS3 to play them :o )

NeoGeo FTW :cmad:

NeoGeo had some great games, I have a friend that swore by it lol. I like King of Fighters myself a lot and have bought or played every version but the capcom vs. snk version. Sounds good.

Didnt Neo Geo games go for like 200-300 dollars back in the day? That was just crazy

Zenien said:
If no one likes Neogeo games then no one deserves to breath.
The only Neo Geo game I like is Metal Slug, since it's the only game they made that wasn't a fighting game

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"