Sony's 2013 Gamescom Conference

I'm kinda disappointed in this press conference. I expected a bit more.

So far when it comes to the first exclusive titles, Xbox One has the lead IMO. And I'm a PS fan first and foremost.

EDIT: I mean, Sony can't play that "We stuck to our policy!" card forever. Microsoft listened to the complaints and has fixed alot of stuff now. Right now, at least in my opinion, XBOne has a stronger selection of games so far and games are what's most important (which Sony themselves bragged alot about before). When it comes to exclusives, all Sony has brought to the table right now are tired sequels and some meh-looking new IPs. I heard from PS magazine itself that Knack sucks. Killzone looks like a good enough game but nothing special. Same goes for inFamous: Second Son. I've seen to little of that 1890 (or what it's called) game, but I'm skeptic to that one. The only cool looking one IMO is that medieval dragon game, and we've seen only a short cinematic trailer at the beginning of this year.

I will still buy a PS4 but that's mainly because of Naughty Dog and Studio Santa Monica.

Sony are lucky that Microsoft screwed up at the first conferences before they changed because they've gotten themselves a free push since then.

Last edited:
November 29th for Europe! great news and a price drop for Vita I wanted that as well Thank you SONY!

For me personally, inFamous: Second Son is the game I am most excited about on either platform. It looks better and better every time they show it.

Damn didn't even see this thread till now. Just heard about the release date. Anything else big?

There's no exclusives of the X1 that make me interested at all in it. I don't get it. Titanfall is for PC as well, and honestly will cross over. That and it looks like COD with mechs to me. But cool glad we got a date.

I don't think there's even one must have exclusive from any of the console manufacturers. All the must have games are multi-platform. But there are a lot games on the next tier.

The show wasn't amazing at all but at least they livestreamed a show. From what I read the EA show sucked but I didn't watch that one. Camera people were bad at their job, nobody needs to see silhouettes of a non-celebrity audience in a dark room over and over again for over an hour! There's a few of the smaller games that I'll take a look at like Rime. Anyone looking for a show focused on M-rated games and games where you shoot people in the face repeatedly were bound to be disappointed. Still no Gaikai and emulation info for PS4 is a bummer. Release date finally given but I'm not getting it at launch.

Here is a better video of the UI demonstration.

[YT]EaPoLJyDZmM#at=113[/YT]

I really believed the October rumor But oh well November 15th is still great and in time for Thanksgiving

I was completely happy with this conference. Strongest one from Sony in a while, methinks.

I read somewhere that Twitch will be available on the the console!?,So we can stream our gameplay there then?

Well it s for wasn't strong as E3 one but It was good enough, we got a release date for PS4, news for PS3 & Vita. Like I said it was good enough. I can't wait for November 29th!

Is there a YouTube video of the conference?,I missed it :(

I was completely happy with this conference. Strongest one from Sony in a while, methinks.
Meh, I really think it's time for Sony to start showing off what SCE Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, and Media Molecule are doing.

The way I see it, every time they stall on those games, the more excited I get. So they'll probably have a triple whammy of announcements from those studios in 2014. They're always gonna be there.

Meanwhile, here I got Into the Rapture and Rime which both looked incredible, and then about 20 different games that looked inventive and fun.

I missed the conference, someone give me the highlights!

I missed the conference, someone give me the highlights!

Here's Giant Bomb's recap list:
Most importantly, it announced the release date for PlayStation 4 is November 15.

The company has delivered a long overdue price cut for its struggling handheld, Vita. Effective immediately, the Vita is now $199.99. It was previously $249.99.

Additionally, the company has promised to significantly reduce the prices of the handheld’s ridiculously overpriced proprietary memory cards. No new price points were announced for the memory cards, though.

What else came out of the press event?
  • Twitch streaming and viewing is coming to PS4. Goodbye, UStream!
  • Rogue Legacy, Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, N++, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Volume, Fez, and Wasteland Kings will be premiering first on PS4 and Vita. That means it’ll show up elsewhere later, and many of those will likely release on PC on at the same time, too. (And, obviously, if it's already out, that's not true, either!)
  • The developers of Dear Esther and Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs showed our first look at Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture.
  • The old Psygnosis game, Shadow of the Beast, is being “reimagined” on PS4. No developer was named.
  • The developers of Magicka announced a gun-centric sci-fi shooter called Helldivers.
  • Borderlands 2 is coming to Vita.
  • Gran Turismo 6 is launching on PlayStation 3 on December 6.
  • Hey, Minecraft is coming to Sony platforms, too!
  • The 12GB PS3 will be priced at $199.99.
  • Anyone who purchases Call of Duty: Ghosts, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag or Watch Dogs on PS3 will be able to purchase the PS4 version at a "significant" discount.
  • More than one million pre-orders worldwide for PS4 already.
  • Sony announced a heck of a lot more indie games headed to PS4 and Vita on its official blog.

The Vita memory card price reduction was not as significant as they made it out to be, the 32GB is still too high at $80.

The PS4 is launching in 32 countries.

Red and Blue controllers will be available before the end of the year.

PS4s come with a 14 day PS+ trial.

inFamous still looks awesome.

They also showed off the UI:
[YT]EaPoLJyDZmM#at=113[/YT]

Last edited:
When is Minecraft coming out for PS4?

I'm pretty surprised it's now coming to PS4 too

Rime and Resogun looked pretty awesome. Hotline Miami 2 will be a day one purchase for me (on PC that is).

The only thing that bothers me about PS4 at this point is that none of their AAA exclusives and launch games interest me very much. That will obviously be remedied in time, but still.

inFamous and Uncharted are the only AAA Sony franchises that interest me the most and for launch I'm only interested in getting Battlefield 4 and downloading F2P games.

I just don't care much about exclusive titles and launch games though,I'm only going with one new console this new gen(at least within the next few years)and I'm choosing PS4 over Xbox out of just console&console features preference

So with"Playstation Live" we watch/enter spectate mode to see our friends play live in real time!?,Is it just to see our friends or we can actually watch strangers play??,I'm guessing it's just like when watching a stream on a site..But players and through the console

I knew about the feature But don't know exactly how it works

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"