Dr.Strange (Johnny Depp )

DoubleM

Civilian
Reaction score
Who thinks Johnny Depp would make a good Dr.Strange?
Also who thinks Tim Burton would be great as the Director?

I think this would be a freaking hit.:woot:

I think Depp would work as Strange, actually.

As long as he stayed a little truer to the source material than he is used to doing.
I would hate to see a whacky, sad version of Dr. Strange while a Danny Elfman score plays in the background.
But I love the idea of Depp for Strange, he's great at doing that sort of embattled but still relevant hero kind of guy, and like Strange, he has so much pressence and command.

Depp is my second choice for Strange, First was Norton, but now that Norton is Banner Depp works great in my opinion. Although the part that makes me nervous is I know he could play the Sorcerer Supreme, But could he play an arrogant doctor/prick? Also How's he do with the emotion "sad"...?

Yes!

Bring on Dormammu and Baron Mordo.

Instead of Burton to direct it I'd like Del Toro.

i was just thinking this last night, while looking at a doctor strange figure

Here's my idea for Dr. Strange from a dead thread of mine.

Dr. Strange

Director- Guellermo Del Toro

Stephen Strange - Daniel Day-Lewis

daniel_day_lewis2.jpg

Wong - Jet Li

untitled.jpg

Baron Mordo - Benicio Del Toro

benicio_del_toro_03.jpg

Dormammu (voice and mocap) - Hugo Weaving

hugo_weaving_02.jpg

Clea - Cate Blanchett

22.jpg

IIII like it! :up:

Thanks. What I like most is that the cast I listed is kind of concievable. Del Toro has gone on record saying he wants to do Dr. Strange. We all know Weaving and Benicio love doing a fun popcorn flick. Blanchett is also no stranger with here LOTR experience. DDL would be the only dark horse. He's a great actor of our generation, but his personal image reflects a guys who's a little more fun than the films he's done. I'd love to see him in a role like this.

Thanks. What I like most is that the cast I listed is kind of concievable. Del Toro has gone on record saying he wants to do Dr. Strange. We all know Weaving and Benicio love doing a fun popcorn flick. Blanchett is also no stranger with here LOTR experience. DDL would be the only dark horse. He's a great actor of our generation, but his personal image reflects a guys who's a little more fun than the films he's done. I'd love to see him in a role like this.

Sounds good to me!

When I was young I always thought Dr. Strange was gay then I started reading, around age 14, the original Ditko stories and I was hooked. Dr. Strange rocks and could be a huge movie.

Noir:

That would be awesome.

Great casting there.

Let me also go on record and say I think Johnny Depp would also be an awesome choice. I think Lewis fits the look a little more, but Depp would pack the theatres. Either way, you can't lose. I am adamant about Benicio as Mordo. He plays a awesome sleezeball you don't want to screw with. I don't see anyone else pulling off Dormammu but Weaving. I may still have his flame-like appearence for that on scene in Matrix Revolutions.

Japper_91.jpg

I think we've seen enough of Johnny Depp for the time being...

^^^ That's pretty funny.

I agree that Depp's been over-exposed recently with all the Jack Sparrow stuff but I'd still welcome him as Strange.

I'd also prefer to think that he wouldnt take the campy, over the top approach that he took to that character either.

Depp needs to do something small, now after doing those pirate flicks, he could wait to do something big again.

Hell no to Depp. Every damn character he plays is exactly the same. I don't really want that tongue-in-cheek goofiness brought to Dr. Strange.

Daniel Day-Lewis sounds about perfect, IMO.

Have to disagree with you there.

Look at Depp's body or work - I'm at a loss to how you can say that 'every damn character he plays is exactly the same'. If anything, it's the total opposite. The guy brings something new to the table everytime he takes a role.

His is one of the most diverse resumes there is. To say that he plays all his roles with 'tongue-in-cheek' gooyness smacks of ignorance.

Was his Joe Pistone in Donnie Brasco embued with Tongue-in-cheek goofyness? His Spencer Armacost in the Astronaughts Wife? George Jung in Blow? Inspector Aberline in From Hell? I could go on..............

I'm curious as to how many films you've actually seen Depp in. Hopefully, you're not just basing your obviously 'well-informed' opinion of a few select movies.

Have to disagree with you there.

Look at Depp's body or work - I'm at a loss to how you can say that 'every damn character he plays is exactly the same'. If anything, it's the total opposite. The guy brings something new to the table everytime he takes a role.

His is one of the most diverse resumes there is. To say that he plays all his roles with 'tongue-in-cheek' gooyness smacks of ignorance.

Was his Joe Pistone in Donnie Brasco embued with Tongue-in-cheek goofyness? His Spencer Armacost in the Astronaughts Wife? George Jung in Blow? Inspector Aberline in From Hell? I could go on..............

I'm curious as to how many films you've actually seen Depp in. Hopefully, you're not just basing your obviously 'well-informed' opinion of a few select movies.

Please get a life.

Daniel Day-Lewis, Tom Cruise or Gary Oldman

I can't support anything that would encourage Tim Burton to direct.

i totally agree with you man..:grin:

Noir, that casting would be phenomenal. I like Depp as Strange...he'd have the character downpat. Either he or Lewis would do an amazing job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"