Johnny Depp as Sinestro

DarkSuperman

Sidekick
Reaction score
Who thinks that Johnny depp would make a good Sinestro. I was watching Superman TAS and saw him and thought he looked a little like Johnny. If they made a GL flick Johnny should definately be in the running with Weaving and the rest.

The irony is his film may have killed the chance of a GL movie ever happening.

Silver Lad said:
The irony is his film may have killed the chance of a GL movie ever happening.

umm... what?

I think what Silver Lad is saying is that POTC2 crushed Superman Returns at the box office and if the studio deems SR a flop, then that could hurt the chance of a GL film ever seeing the light of day.

Damn, poor Bryan Singer must be kicking himself for doing Superman Returns.

The only reason its seen as a flop is because of POTC2 if it got released at a later or much ealrier date it wudnt have been so bad. Its only seen as flop compared to pirates. Its probably already made most its money back.

I dont see it as a flop I thought it was great although there are very minor faults they can be ignored.

Depp is good, but i dont see him as Sinestro. for some reason i see a Latino/ Black actor playing that part, since the "look" is closer.

Hugo Weaving must be Sinestro. Just add that little moustache to him and color him purple, and it's Sinestro.

That-Guy said:
I think what Silver Lad is saying is that POTC2 crushed Superman Returns at the box office and if the studio deems SR a flop, then that could hurt the chance of a GL film ever seeing the light of day.

Exactly. If they cant make the blue boyscout fly, they'll never Greenlight something like GL, whos budget could be near SR's or even higher.

Hopefully returns breaks 200 dom

Depp can play any part in the film he wants as far as I'm concerned. He's just that good an actor. I wouldn't have said the same thing back when he was doing "21 Jump Street" though.

ican see it. depp has the ability to play a guy whos nuts but doesnt seem it. if you understand what i mean.....

let me rephrase...........he has good acting range. he can be serious, funny, nuts etc.

if someone has a pic of jd with slicked back hair then we can see. i think people are goping for weaving because of his look in the matrix films. jd would be a better choice because he is a bigger name. then we can have a gl who is not, and hopefully it would work as the formula has with the first batman (nicholson/keaton) and SR (spacey/routh).

i would like to throw another name in the ring, Willem DeFoe, but he probably wont be considered because of the S-M films. i just think he has the sinestro 'look'.

IronLion said:
ican see it. depp has the ability to play a guy whos nuts but doesnt seem it. if you understand what i mean.....

let me rephrase...........he has good acting range. he can be serious, funny, nuts etc.

if someone has a pic of jd with slicked back hair then we can see. i think people are goping for weaving because of his look in the matrix films. jd would be a better choice because he is a bigger name. then we can have a gl who is not, and hopefully it would work as the formula has with the first batman (nicholson/keaton) and SR (spacey/routh).

i would like to throw another name in the ring, Willem DeFoe, but he probably wont be considered because of the S-M films. i just think he has the sinestro 'look'.

Yes, but having a Sinestro who is a big name and a Hal Jordan (who is the GL the SHOULD use if Sinestro is the bad guy) who is an unknown may not be the best policy. It may result in too much screentime given to the villain and other characters and not enough to the hero (a la Superman Returns), which is why I think someone recognizable like Weaving, but not HUGE like Depp, would be a wise choice.

However, I think either one of them could pull off the role... Weaving has more of the ideal look for Sinestro though, IMO.

06293819_narrowweb__200x246.jpg

brasco.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"