Dragon Quest Heroes

that all the playable characters :huh: dam it I did not know any one of them :argh:

Here's some that will shock alot of people now get ready Ya'll

Top, PlayStation 4
Dragon Quest Heroes coming west for PS4

Published 5 hours ago. 141 comments.

PlayStation 3 version not getting localized, it appears.

Square Enix has confirmed it will launch Dragon Quest Heroes for PlayStation 4 in North America and Europe later this year. The game will be available at retailers, via digital download, and the Square Enix Online Store.
Here’s a brief summary, via Square Enix:
In Dragon Quest Heroes, players must rise up against insurmountable odds, challenging swarms of enemies and conquering gigantic monsters. Dragon Quest Heroes comes to the PlayStation 4 system in beautiful high-definition graphics, filled with characters and monsters designed by world-renowned artist Akira Toriyama.
Both Yuji Horii, director and creator of Dragon Quest, and Koichi Sugiyama, the composer closely tied to the series since its first installment and creator of countless memorable musical masterpieces, are closely involved in bringing this title to life. Furthermore, ω-Force (Omega Force) from Koei Tecmo Games – the team that has created numerous popular action game series – is also taking part in its development.
Dragon Quest Heroes will launch for PlayStation 4 and PS3 in Japan tomorrow. The game will be PS4-exclusive in the west.
Update 11:00 a.m.: With Dragon Quest Heroes now available in Japan, Square Enix has released a new set of screenshots.

View the batch at the gallery

. visit gallery »

Read More

PlayStation 4, Top, Dragon Quest Heroes, Koei Tecmo, Localization, Omega Force, RPG, Screenshots, Square Enix

Dragon Quest Heroes Coming To The West On PlayStation 4. February 25, 2015 . 6:06am

Dragon Quest Heroes is coming to North America and Europe, Square Enix announced this morning.

[YT]WTXBxHMJAPg[/YT]e, Square Enix announced this morning. The action RPG is developed by Koei Tecmo and OmegaForce, the studio behind the Warriors series of games, and will be published by Square Enix.

In Japan, Dragon Quest Heroes is being released for both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, but in the West, Square Enix will only release the PlayStation 4 version of the game. It brings together a number of characters from different Dragon Quest titles, several of which will be playable.

Dragon Quest Heroes will be released sometime this year in the West.

Read more stories about Dragon Quest Heroes & PlayStation 4 on Siliconera.
source: Gematsu& Siliconera

party here's the theme song
[YT]53-L-vp-LxQ[/YT]
Here's the first Ep of the show and the rest of show here

[YT]vw69U7jw8VE[/YT]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw69U7jw8VE&list=PL333AF3E727FFB2E7

Okay, now I'm kind of interested in this game.

Though it's a spinoff like Hyrule Warriors, correct?

Okay, now I'm kind of interested in this game.

Though it's a spinoff like Hyrule Warriors, correct?
techically yes they said it's in canon though with previous installment's from what Siliconera has shown as I put up. also this has more RPG styled elements

Here's some that will shock alot of people now get ready Ya'll

Top, PlayStation 4
Dragon Quest Heroes coming west for PS4

Published 5 hours ago. 141 comments.

Dragon Quest Heroes Coming To The West On PlayStation 4. February 25, 2015 . 6:06am

Dragon Quest Heroes is coming to North America and Europe, Square Enix announced this morning.

party here's the theme song
[YT]53-L-vp-LxQ[/YT]
Here's the first Ep of the show and the rest of show here

[YT]vw69U7jw8VE[/YT]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw69U7jw8VE&list=PL333AF3E727FFB2E7

bro if You will put a link for a Dragon Quest anime Put a link for the good one :shr:

Dragon Quest Dai no Daiboken Episode 1 :woo:
https://vimeo.com/20871581

bro if You will put a link for a Dragon Quest anime Put a link for the good one :shr:

Dragon Quest Dai no Daiboken Episode 1 :woo:
https://vimeo.com/20871581
most people like the dubbed version also that would have been fully good too there wasn't any weird fallout. which made stop short . it's a a good thing these days that there's a better relationship between the people the have dub the English version of late these day compared to back then oe peice is a ood example of late about that among others now where a lot would go astray prior it doesn't mean it doesn't happen thouh but alot has changed . besides there's no Embed code for the one you put up here that works with it.

so yeah that's the reason. I can watch ether subbed or dubbed would tell people which of the latter was done well. cause they did it right for a change, but that's another story we should stay on the topic of the game but for a lot of North American that kinda their first exposer the the find out there was a game

Last edited:
most people like the dubbed version also that would have been fully good too there wasn't any weird fallout. which made stop short . it's a a good thing these days that there's a better relationship between the people the have dub the English version of late these day compared to back then oe peice is a ood example of late about that among others now where a lot would go astray prior it doesn't mean it doesn't happen thouh but alot has changed . besides there's no Embed code for the one you put up here that works with it.

so yeah that's the reason. I can watch ether subbed or dubbed would tell people which of the latter was done well. cause they did it right for a change, but that's another story we should stay on the topic of the game but for a lot of North American that kinda their first exposer the the find out there was a game

:oldrazz:I always forget this was not dubbed for the West is Always strange when i discovered Old anime from my childhood I watched it dubbed I'm from the Middle East and discovered the anime was not dubbed for the West

:oldrazz:I always forget this was not dubbed for the West is Always strange when i discovered Old anime from my childhood I watched it dubbed I'm from the Middle East and discovered the anime was not dubbed for the West
well in this case it was dubbed, it just wasn't finished it was done mid way it was cancelled due to the man the creator/ writer of the shows series always taking a vacation & license issues as well the latter was the nail in the coffin.

that dubbed anime I put up is the result. I was a kid in grade school when i saw that most people remember this show & wished it was finished dub wise for the west. we have the games though well the earlier installments but alot of generations missed out on the games due to a mistake that happed during transition of newer system/ console's which made Square scared to do DQ in the west weirdly stubborn about it unless one of the console publisher pay for it of some like koe makes the push like in this case . with the exception of Ios of late

Last edited:

PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4
First Dragon Quest Heroes DLC announced
Published 1 min ago. 0 comments.

All add-on content will be released free of charge.
DQH-DLC-First-Ann.jpg

Square Enix has announced and dated the first additional content for Dragon Quest Heroes, which will begin distribution in Japan from next week.
The following content is planned, and all will be free of charge:
Arena Battle + Alena and Kiryl Sub-Story
Release Date: March 5
If you clear the arena battle, you’ll get Alena’s original costume from Dragon Quest IV. If you clear the sub-story, you’ll get different colored costumes for Alena and Kiryl.
Demon Sworsdman Battle + Jessica and Yangus Sub-Story
Release Date: March 12
If you clear the arena battle, you’ll unlock Psaro as a playable ally. If you clear the sub-story, you’ll get different colored costumes for Jessica and Yangus.
In the Future

• Gods of Destruction and Slaughter Battle + Terry Sub-Story
  • Greatest Demon Beast Battle + Bianca & Nera Sub-Story
  • Great Demon Lord Battle + Maya Sub-Story
View screenshots of the add-on content at the gallery.
visit gallery »

Read More

PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, DLC, Dragon Quest Heroes, Free, Koei Tecmo, Omega Force, RPG, Screenshots, Square Enix

Dragon Quest Heroes’ Free DLC Turns A Boss Into A Playable Character. February 25, 2015 . 10:42pm

By clearing the Demon Fencer Battle, you’ll unlock Psaro as a playable character. You can also unlock alternate colors for Jessica and Yangus’ costumes by clearing a sub-scenario featuring the Dragon Quest VIII characters.

Now that Square Enix announced Dragon Quest Heroes for the West, more fans can look forward to playing as some of their favorite heroes from the series to take on thousands of monsters in Warriors-like fashion. Famitsu shares details on the game’s first batch of DLCs.

The following DLC will all be free, and they add extra sub-scenarios along with playable character(s) and new fights. Here’s what they contain:

Arena Battle + Sub-Story: Alena and Kiryl

Upon clearing the Arena Battle from the DLC, it’ll unlock Alena’s original costume from Dragon Quest IV. The sub-story will also unlock costumes of different colors for Alena and Kiryl as well. The DLC will release on March 5th in Japan.

Last edited:
Demon Fencer Battle + Sub-Story: Jessica and Yangus

By clearing the Demon Fencer Battle, you’ll unlock Psaro as a playable character. You can also unlock alternate colors for Jessica and Yangus’ costumes by clearing the sub-scenario. This DLC releases in Japan on March 12.

While the next three DLCs don’t have any details, their titles are “God of Destruction and Massacre Battle + Sub-Story: Terry” as the third, “Greatest Demon Beast’s Battle + Sub-Story: Bianca and Nera” for the fourth, and “Great Demon Lord Battle + Sub-Story: Maya” as the fifth.

The report doesn’t specify whether Zoma, Nokturnus, or Bjorn the Behemoose will be added as playable characters as well, but more details along with the release dates for the DLCs will be revealed on a later date.

Dragon Quest Heroes is currently available in Japan, and will release sometime this year in the West for PlayStation 4.

Read more stories about Dragon Quest Heroes & PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4 on Siliconera.

Dragon Quest Heroes ‘Alena and Kiryl Sub-Story’ DLC trailer

Published 5 hours ago. 5 comments.
Free downloadable content due out this Thursday.
DQH-DLC1-PV.jpg

Square Enix has released an introduction trailer for Dragon Quest Heroes‘ first downloadable content, the “Arena Battle + Alena and Kiryl Sub-Story,” due out for free on PlayStation Network in Japan this Thursday, March 5.
Watch the video below.
[YT]-gHhctOoEL8[/YT]

Read More

PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Clips, DLC, Dragon Quest Heroes, Koei Tecmo, Omega Force, Square Enix, Trailers
Here’s Dragon Quest Heroes’ Alena And Kiryl DLC In Action. March 2, 2015 . 9:31am

A trailer for the Arena Battle + Alena and Kiryl Sub-Story DLC hitting Japan this week.

[YT]-gHhctOoEL8[/YT]

Dragon Quest Heroes’ first batch of downloadable content in Japan features new costumes, sub-stories, and more. Among these is the Alena and Kiryl sub-story content, and Square Enix have shared a look at it with a new trailer.

The Arena Battle + Alena and Kiryl Sub-Story DLC will be available for free on March 5th in Japan. Upon completing the Arena Battle, you’ll get to unlock Alena’s original costume from Dragon Quest IV.

Square Enix have not yet discussed DLC plans for Dragon Quest Heroes in the West, but the game will be localized on PlayStation 4.

Read more stories about Dragon Quest Heroes & PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4 & Videos on Siliconera.

please look at the top of this page my man & I want you to do that from now on.

It's headed west word now thanks to koe tecmo direct for this ip.
alright, man. i will try.

for the record, i like how you give us so much news, but I don't like how you put everything in quote boxes and stuff. I know you do it to make it look more like an article, but to me it comes off as messy.

alright, man. i will try.

for the record, i like how you give us so much news, but I don't like how you put everything in quote boxes and stuff. I know you do it to make it look more like an article, but to me it comes off as messy.
I do it cause there's always some one that claim's they're at work can't see the link to the article contents so it became a thing cause there's always someone like that cause their work locks them from amer news sites over all . There's more then just those others that don't have this issue/ problem like your self, that I think about here, due to that type of experience.

there was even a mod once with that issue . I tried it with just the links still ran into this even on other forums that aren't the hype. that people tended to look over the links prior besides that before I started that.

Last edited:

First footage of Psaro in Dragon Quest Heroes

Published 11 hours ago. 19 comments.

Available free this Thursday, March 12 in Japan.

Psaro-DQH-Footage_03-07-15.jpg

Square Enix has debuted the first gameplay footage of Psaro in Dragon Quest Heroes.
The 12-minute video first shows the battle against Psaro, followed by footage of playable Psaro himself.
Psaro will come to Dragon Quest Heroes this Thursday, March 12 in Japan via a free downloadable add-on, which also includes Jessica and Yangus’ sub-story.
Watch the footage below.
[YT]VVGhGTVjWKY[/YT]

Read More

PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Clips, DLC, Dragon Quest Heroes, Gameplay, Koei Tecmo, Omega Force, RPG, Square Enix
Also with

Just Like Dragon Quest IV, Psaro Can Join You As An Ally In Dragon Quest Heroes. March 8, 2015 . 11:32pm

Some of you may remember Psaro, the tragic villain from Dragon Quest IV with way too many forms in his final fight. In Dragon Quest Heroes, he’ll make an appearance through the “Demon Fencer Battle” DLC, and similar to Dragon Quest IV, you’ll get to recruit him afterwards.

As previously reported, Dragon Quest Heroes is getting several free DLCs, which turns boss characters from the series into playable heroes. V-Jump shares a first look at Dragon Quest IV’s Psaro in action in their recent gameplay video.

Some of you may remember Psaro, the tragic villain from Dragon Quest IV with way too many forms in his final fight. In Dragon Quest Heroes, he’ll make an appearance through the “Demon Fencer Battle” DLC, and similar to Dragon Quest IV, you’ll get to recruit him afterwards.

[YT]VVGhGTVjWKY[/YT]

The action starts at around the 3:22 mark of the video, where a party of the protagonist Acht, Maya, Jessica, and Yangus, team up to fight Psaro and a few of his minions.

It’s always a good strategy to first take out the smallfry in any Dragon Quest game, which the V-Jump players try to do, but end up having some trouble with just one Yggdrasil Leaf remaining early on in the fight.

Unfortunately, the players failed in the fight against Psaro, but they say that they mainly wanted to just show the fight, so you guys can see how difficult it is (and how they’ll beat it on their own later).

Next, at 7:15, you get to see a little bit of Psaro in action. He’s unlocked by winning against him in the fight, and dishes out some powerful moves on the battlefield. In addition to his powerful two-handed sword attacks and magic, he can also erase buffs from enemies, and can also transform, which you can see at around 9:38.

The Demon Fencer Battle + Sub-Story: Jessica and Yangus will release in Japan on March 12. Dragon Quest Heroes will release in the west sometime this year for PlayStation 4.

Read more stories about Dragon Quest Heroes & PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4 on Siliconera.

Last edited:
Dragon Quest Heroes Sold Through 90% Of Its Shipment On Both PS3 And PS4. March 10, 2015 . 3:31pm

Both versions were likely sold out at several retailers.

On February 26th, Square Enix released Dragon Quest Heroes in Japan, and the game sold 594,749 copies, with 325,446 sold on PS3 and another 269,303 on PS4.

Japanese sales tracker Media Create reports that the PlayStation 3 version of the game sold through 92.25% of its shipment, while the PlayStation 4 version sold through 89.89%, meaning both versions were likely sold out at several retailers.

As we said in our sales column last week, Dragon Quest Heroes saw the second-highest launch sales of any Warriors game in recent years. It should be interesting to see where the game’s sales end up a year from now, especially in comparison to other Dragon Quest spin-offs like the Dragon Quest Monsters games, which are million-sellers.

Read more stories about Dragon Quest Heroes & PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4 & This Week In Sales on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Dragon Quest Heroes ‘Terry Sub-Story’ DLC trailer
Published 8 hours ago. 3 comments.

Free add-on due out this Thursday, March 19 in Japan.

DQH-DLC-Vid_03-17-15.jpg
This week’s free Dragon Quest Heroes downloadable content is the ‘God of Destruction and Slaughter Battle + Terry Sub-Story’ pack, which will launch Thursday, March 19 in Japan.
Here are the details:
Terry Sub-Story
If you clear the “Legendary Wicked Demon” (King Hyrdra) battle, you’ll receive a “Help Please” letter from the post office. Reading it will begin the Terry sub-story.
Gods of Destruction and Slaughter Battle
After clearing the story, you will receive a letter from the post office from Gagora including a “Map of the Destruction God.” From here, a new location will appear on the world map.
Normal Additional Quest
After clearing the story, the new quest “Trial of the Metal Sword” will be added. If you clear the quest, you can get the “Metal King’s Large Sword” weapon, which Psaro can equip.
Other Updates
By talking to a member of the crew at the counter of Luida’s Bar, you’ll be able to view their story clear movie (given that you’ve cleared the game).
Watch the trailer below.
[YT]tChY7iuLijY[/YT]

Thanks, Games Talk.

Read More

PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Clips, DLC, Dragon Quest Heroes, Koei Tecmo, Omega Force, RPG, Square Enix, Trailers
dqh_moardlc_thumb.png

You Against Dragon Quest VI’s Superboss. March 17, 2015 . 11:35am

The latest batch of DLC features Dragon Quest VI Superboss Nokturnus going up against our heroes.

We recently got a look at Dragon Quest IV boss character Psaro in Dragon Quest Heroes in the game’s first series of DLC. The latest batch of DLC features Dragon Quest VI Superboss Nokturnus going up against our heroes.

[YT]tChY7iuLijY[/YT]
The DLC, titled “God of Destruction and Massacre Battle + Sub-Story: Terry,” will tell more of the story behind Dragon Quest VI’s lone swordsman Terry, and it will feature a fight against the ultimate monster, Nokturnus. Nokturnus appeared as a Superboss in Dragon Quest VI, and has also appeared in Dragon Quest IX, Dragon Quest Monsters, and other titles, often considered one of the strongest, if not strongest monsters of the games.

Players will need to have cleared main story in the game before taking on the fight against Nokturnus, after getting a special map at the post office, which leads to a new location in the world map. Additionally, the DLC adds another end-game quest with the “Trial of the Metal Sword”,” which gives you the Metal King’s Great Sword, a powerful item that can be equipped by Psaro.

You can check out our earlier report to get a look at some of the other DLC featuring boss characters. The God of Destruction and Massacre Battle + Sub-Story: Terry will go live in Japan on March 19.

Dragon Quest Heroes is currently available in Japan, and will release sometime this year in the West for PlayStation 4.

Last edited:

Battle Zoma in Dragon Quest Heroes’ fifth DLC
Published 1 min ago. 0 comments.

The main antagonist of Dragon Quest III.

DQH-DLC5-VJ-Init.jpg

V-Jump has gone live with footage of Dragon Quest Heroes fifth free downloadable add-on, which brings Dragon Quest III‘s The Great Demon Lord Zoma to the game as a boss enemy.
Shoko Nakagawa, who plays Dragon Quest IV‘s Alena in the game, joins the 16-minute video to take on Zoma.
Watch the video below.

[YT]PuxhQULFpfc[/YT]

Read More

PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Clips, DLC, Dragon Quest Heroes, Gameplay, Koei Tecmo, Omega Force, Square Enix
Play-Asia
source: Gematsu

Here's the latest updates including some new I'm sure will be a shocker in terms of fastest sequel ever heard of cause it though it's coming to us in the west it's sequel is already on it's way.

PlayStation 3, PS Vita, PlayStation 4
Dragon Quest Heroes II announced for PS4, PS3, and PS Vita

Published 1 hour ago. 122 comments.

It wasn't an April Fools' Day joke. A sequel is on the way.

Dragon-Quest-Heroes-II-Ann.jpg

Following its Japanese release in February, Square Enix is following up its Dragon Quest Heroes action RPG with Dragon Quest Heroes II for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita, the company announced.
The news comes via a Dragon Quest Heroes promotional website launched in the early hours of April 1. The website invited visitors to defeat Slime enemies by popping their respective bubblewrap bubbles. Around 22:00 Japan time on April 1, the amount of bubbles popped reached 10 million, and the announcement went live.
We withheld publishing the announcement earlier on the chance it might have been an April Fools’ Day joke, but alas, it was not. The official announcement is out.
Here’s the production staff, via PlayStation Blog Japan:

• General Director: Yuji Horii
  • Character Design: Akira Toriyama
  • Music: Koichi Sugiyama
  • Developer: Omega Force (Koei Tecmo)
  • Publisher: Square Enix
A release date and price are still to be announced.
Visit the game’s official website here.

Read More

PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PS Vita, Dragon Quest Heroes II, Game Announce, Koei Tecmo, Omega Force, RPG, Square Enix
Also with

Dragon Quest Heroes II Announced For PS3, PS4, And Vita. April 1, 2015 . 7:46pm

Square Enix opened a new page on their official website, with the proper URL for Dragon Quest Heroes II.

It looked like Square Enix had an April Fool’s announcement for a sequel to Dragon Quest Heroes, but as it turns out, there’s now an official page for it, and it looks like the real deal.

To bring you up to speed on what happened, yesterday it was already April Fool’s day in Japan due to time differential, and they had a Slime mini-game on the official page for the first Dragon Quest Heroes.

Upon beating the Slime, players were greeted with the above image that says “A new adventure begins. The Dragon Quest Heroes series’ new title production confirmed!”

Many felt that it was simply an April Fool’s prank by Square Enix, which also made sense considering how Dragon Quest Heroes barely came out in, and how the Slime mini-game was removed after midnight in Japan, meaning April Fool’s day was over.

However, a day later, Square Enix opened a new page on their official website, with the proper URL for Dragon Quest Heroes II. Now that we know it’s real, we can expect to hear more about the upcoming sequel, which is in development for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and also for PlayStation Vita.

Read more stories about Dragon Quest Heroes II & PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4 & PlayStation Vita on Siliconera.

Last edited:
Yuji Horii suggests incoming PlayStation-related Dragon Quest announcement
Published 7 hours ago. 42 comments.

Dragon Quest creator teases in new Ruliweb interview.

DQ-Horii-Int_05-25-15.jpg

Dragon Quest series creator Yuji Horii and Square Enix producer Ryota Aomi are doing the rounds in Asia promoting the June 4 release of Dragon Quest Heroes in the region. And during an interview with Korean website Ruliweb (Japanese translation via Hachima Kikou), Horii suggests there will be a new PlayStation-related Dragon Quest announcement soon.
Get the interview tidbits below.
Did you put in the characters you personally wanted?
Horii: “If we had the time and money for it, we would’ve put every character in. For Dragon Quest Heroes II, I want to add an even greater diversity of characters.”
Aomi: “For the older fans of Dragon Quest III and IV, the younger fans of VII and VIII, and so on, the characters I wanted to put in are different depending on the generation.”
Will the voice actors from Dragon Quest Heroes continue to pitch for future Dragon Quest games?
Horii: “For Dragon Quest Heroes II, of course I want the voice actors to stay the same. And for the 3DS version of Dragon Quest VIII, Jessica and Yangus are also the same [as their Dragon Quest Heroes voice actors].”
Since Dragon Quest Heroes II is in development, does that mean there will be no further updates for the first game?
Aomi: “Not at the moment. We intend to reflect upon the feedback we receive from the Hangul (Korean) release in our output going forward.”
Regarding PlayStation platforms, it’s been 10 years since the release of Dragon Quest VIII, but are there other Dragon Quest series games [planned for PlayStation]?
Horii: “I can’t say anything right now, but something might be announced before long.”
There’s a lot happening in the world of Dragon Quest, given next year is the series’ 30th anniversary. Here’s a recap:

• Dragon Quest XI was confirmed in development in June 2014, with Horii hinting at the game being a console release rather than a handheld one. When Dragon Quest Heroes was announced, Horii confirmed Dragon Quest XI was in development alongside it.
  • A new Dragon Quest Monsters was confirmed in development in August 2014.
  • In December 2014, Square Enix announced Theatrhythm Dragon Quest for 3DS, which launched in Japan on March 26. A western release has not yet been announced.
  • In January, Horii said there were “many projects in planning” heading towards Dragon Quest‘s 30th anniversary.
  • Dragon Quest Heroes launched for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 in Japan in February. A North American and European release is planned for PlayStation 4 later this year.
  • In February, Square Enix were hiring for a “new genre” Dragon Quest game.
  • Dragon Quest Heroes II was announced for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita in April.
  • Dragon Quest X Online Version 3 launched for Wii U, Wii, and PC in Japan on April 30.
  • A 3DS version of Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King featuring new characters and scenarios was announced earlier this month.

Read More

PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Dragon Quest Heroes, Dragon Quest Heroes II, RPG, Ryota Aomi, Square Enix, Yuji Horii
Also with

Dragon Quest Creator Says We May See A New Dragon Quest Game For PlayStation Soon.May 25, 2015 . 10:45pm

During the interview, it was pointed out that it’s been about the decade since the last time we saw a new Dragon Quest title on a PlayStation platform, with the previous title being Dragon Quest VIII for PlayStation

With Dragon Quest Heroes releasing in South Korea on June 4th, Dragon Quest creator Yuji Horii recently spoke in an interview with Ruliwebabout the possibilities of having a new game on a PlayStation platform. [Thanks, Game Jouhou.]

During the interview, it was pointed out that it’s been about the decade since the last time we saw a new Dragon Quest title on a PlayStation platform, with the previous title being Dragon Quest VIII for PlayStation 2.

The Dragon Quest creator was asked if they have plans for releasing more from the series on a PlayStation platform.

“While I can’t say anything about it for now, we just may announce something about that in the near future,” hinted Horii at the possibility of a new Dragon Quest title for PlayStation.

Since announcing that Dragon Quest VIII is headed to the Nintendo 3DS, it wouldn’t be too surprising to see another title follow Dragon Quest Heroes for PlayStation next.

Yuji Horii previously mentioned that Dragon Quest XI is in development for home consoles, and and that they have several games in development for the series’ 30th anniversary next year, so there’s a good chance that we may see more Dragon Quest games on PlayStation.

Read more stories about Dragon Quest & Square Enix on Siliconera.

The release date been leaked

PlayStation 4
Dragon Quest Heroes U.S. release date leaked
Published 10 mins ago. 6 comments.
The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below due out in October.
Dragon Quest Heroes will launch for PlayStation 4 in North America on October 13, a leaked promotional stand for the game reveals.

DQH-US-Date-Leak.jpg

The English version is subtitled The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below.
Best Buy‘s product page for Dragon Quest Heroe corroborates the release date.
Thanks, @Wario64.

Read More

PlayStation 4, Dragon Quest Heroes, Koei Tecmo, Leaks, Omega Force, Release Dates, RPG, Square Enix

source: Gematsu

Square Enix To Collaborate More With Other Developers. May 29, 2015 . 11:57am

“We will suffer a big opportunity loss if we try to do everything all by ourselves,” says Square Enix Chief Financial Officer Kazuharu Watanabe.

In their most recent financial results report, Square Enix have indicated that they intend to collaborate with more external companies to develop games.

Square Enix mentioned three main policies that they are following in order to remain competitive in today’s videogame marketplace:

• Strengthen and reboot existing IPs
  • Create new IPs
  • Collaboration with partner companies

In the case of that third point, Square Enix cite Dragon Quest Heroes—developed in collaboration with Koei Tecmo’s OmegaForce studio—as an example of a collaborative effort.

“With so much changes going on in the market, we will suffer a big opportunity loss if we try to do everything all by ourselves,” says Square Enix Chief Financial Officer Kazuharu Watanabe. “Through collaboration, we will utilize the strengths of other companies which we ourselves lack, and grow the size of the business.”

“A good example is Dragon Quest Heroes. So far, we had not worked on a full-scale action RPG. However, we were able to create a new style for Dragon Quest through collaboration with Koei Tecmo Games. Based on this success, we want to collaborate more with partner companies, both in and out of Japan.”

Coincidentally, just this morning, we reported that Orca, a new Japanese studio founded by Takuya Iwasaki, a former employee of Cavia, is working on a new Dragon Quest project for Square Enix. It also bears mentioning that Square Enix are collaborating with Hexadrive on development of Final Fantasy XV.

Meanwhile, in the West, Square Enix have partnered with Dontnod Entertainment for Life is Strange, which is another project that has been received rather well.

Read more stories about Dragon Quest Heroes & Life is Strange & Square Enix on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"