Dragonball HQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's why I chose to stick with the manga.

A 20 minute special just came out a sequel to Bardock's story and here it is:

[YT]_kDuESg1rZc[/YT]

Am I allowed to post the link to the whole thing?

Good animation and action but for godsake is it that hard to have some form of goddamn consistency.
He turns SSJ2 immediatly. Seriously if someone is gonna use the "well the choice is an artistic one " they seriously fail as a DB(Z) fan.
How the hell they Bardock go into the past. And at the end of the episode we finally know how the legend of the SSJ came to be.
Christ :facepalm:

I just seen that last episode of Dragon Ball GT. It was actually pretty depressing , at least the first half of it. It looked like Vegeta was going to cry as he flew off after telling Pan to take care of Goku's battered gi.

Last edited:
Good animation and action but for godsake is it that hard to have some form of goddamn consistency.
He turns SSJ2 immediatly. Seriously if someone is gonna use the "well the choice is an artistic one " they seriously fail as a DB(Z) fan.
How the hell they Bardock go into the past. And at the end of the episode we finally know how the legend of the SSJ came to be.

Two things.

He wasn't a SSJ2, he hair wasn't nearly as spikey. True there were some electric flashes, but again, the hair is how you tell.

As for him suddenly turning to a super saiyan? That's easy, the stress of seeing an ancestor of Freeza and not being able to destroy him.

I just seen that last episode of Dragon Ball GT. It was actually pretty depressing , at least the first half of it. It looked like Vegeta was going to cry as he flew off after telling Pan to take care of Goku's battered gi.

That's actually one of the better moments of GT. Vegeta taking it harder than anyone else about Goku permanently going away (Goku realizes that the main reason why Earth is always put in jeopardy is because he inadvertently attracts enemies thus disappearing for good and finally resting permanently would be for the best of the world). That's another instance where it's clear that Vegeta sees Goku as a brother and truly does love him as one and respects him as the strongest warrior he has ever met.

Gokus goodbye with Krillin and Master Roshi was also well done and touching. His final moments as he closes his eyes on top of Shenron before he becomes one with him is really a great scene.

GT had a lot of bad moments but that was arguably one of the best moments in the series due to the touch on karmic equality & balance and the finality of a pure of heart, selfless & overstressed soul. Some touching stuff certainly.

Two things.

He wasn't a SSJ2, he hair wasn't nearly as spikey. True there were some electric flashes, but again, the hair is how you tell.

As for him suddenly turning to a super saiyan? That's easy, the stress of seeing an ancestor of Freeza and not being able to destroy him.

Yeah I for one thought it was pretty well done. A reason why he may have ended up back in the past has to do with the fact that in the first Bardock special he is actually given the ability of precognitive foresight that allows him to see the future as a punishment for killing his race of people.

That ability may have furthered developed into a time travel ability when exposed to such a powerful energy attack from Frieza. Which could explain how he was sent back in time.

The first ever anime I’ve ever watched (obviously one of my favorite). I miss the episode when Gokuo and Chi-Chi reunited again; the tournament scene and the disaster before the wedding.^^

That's actually one of the better moments of GT. Vegeta taking it harder than anyone else about Goku permanently going away (Goku realizes that the main reason why Earth is always put in jeopardy is because he inadvertently attracts enemies thus disappearing for good and finally resting permanently would be for the best of the world). That's another instance where it's clear that Vegeta sees Goku as a brother and truly does love him as one and respects him as the strongest warrior he has ever met.

Gokus goodbye with Krillin and Master Roshi was also well done and touching. His final moments as he closes his eyes on top of Shenron before he becomes one with him is really a great scene.

GT had a lot of bad moments but that was arguably one of the best moments in the series due to the touch on karmic equality & balance and the finality of a pure of heart, selfless & overstressed soul. Some touching stuff certainly.
I agree with all you said , but it's still pretty sad since I was introduced to all these characters in 1991 by a Korean friend of mine. I grew up watching them on tv. I know Dragon Ball GT ended a long time ago , but when I first watched it , it didn't have an impact on me. For some reason watching it yesterday affected me.

Yeah man no doubt it's a really touching departure.

I've been watching GT and once it gets past the silliness pre General Rildo, its pretty good. I'm at the end of Season 1 where Goku went SSJ4. Some of the early humor was pretty good. Like those thugs that captured Goku and called Capsule Corp for a ransom. Vegeta's response was great.:woot:

I think Garlic Junior's Black Water Mist is one of the evilest things a villain has ever used in this series. Its why I like him.:o

I've been watching GT and once it gets past the silliness pre General Rildo, its pretty good. I'm at the end of Season 1 where Goku went SSJ4. Some of the early humor was pretty good. Like those thugs that captured Goku and called Capsule Corp for a ransom. Vegeta's response was great.:woot:

I think Garlic Junior's Black Water Mist is one of the evilest things a villain has ever used in this series. Its why I like him.:o
I thought the Baby Saga ran way too long , but the Super Android 17 Saga was pretty good. The Shadow Dragons Saga was good even though it was long because a corrupted Shenron was their enemy.

Lol I'm going to school in Japan now. I was talking to a japanese person about Dragonballz. Their eyes lit up. Then I brought up Dragon Ball GT. The look ofdiscuss on their face was priceless.

You know who was a great addition from GT? Nova Shenron, loved the four star connection and his unique sense of honor.

I agree. And, well, it's obvious that animation is good, it's been 20 years since the first appearence of DB, Toei has evolved since then! But Bardock doesn't turn SSJ2 immediately, he's just a SSJ.
And, yeah, DBGT's last episode is really touching!

Last edited:
I don't know if this has been posted, someone posted it over another forum i'm on. Not sure if he's trying to be funny or not right in the head or something. Taking your top off apparently helps you become a super sayin, so take that into account.

[YT]fYxCrugJj_o[/YT]

:lmao:

That was one of the greatest things I've ever watched. I don't think I've ever laughed that hard.

Dragonball Z was definitely my favorite of the three, but it was the first I saw. One of the first animes I saw, actually. It had its share of problems though. I particularly recall the part where five minutes (the planet Namek exploding) got turned into like 3 episode. Must have been Namekian minutes.

I enjoyed Dragon Ball Z alot up until Namek. When it got to that point, with Vegita as the anti-hero, Freiza (and goons) as the bad guys and Goku and his chums as the good guys, it was like a Sergio Leone movie high on cocain. Some parts dragged on for far too long (Piccolo fight in particular) after that, everythingb becomes re-hash after re-hash and deaths not really meaning anything.

That's because Shueisha kept forcing Toriyama to work on the series.

Yeah, he had intended Frieza to be the big bad of the entire series and end it. But He was pushed for more and...well, the rest is history. But I'm ok with it, because it gave me Cell, who is one of my favorite villains if not my favorite anime character.

Yeah I don't mind either. The Android and Cell saga were great. :up:

I know it became formulaic but that doesn't mean there weren't great moments after the Frieza arc.

Buu wasn't entirely bad, I just didn't care for the length and the fact that only the saiyans could do anything. Everyone else took a backseat to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"