Dragonball Z live action movie

Ermmm...I think Jackie Chan is too old to play any of the part. He looks so tired nowadays.
Maybe Tom Welling is a good choice. Anyway, depends whether they want to do it East style or West style.
For me, 3 movies (Saga) and each of them running at 3 hours (let's say like Lord Of The Ring), will still cannot match the end-to-end episode of Dragon Ball to Dragon Ball Z.

Savage, I can see your vision of this film, and I agree. A purely fanciful epic is what this movie should be. And the man to direct: Steven Chow. Shaolin Soccer and the more refined and inspired Kung-Fu Hustle perfectly capture the tone that Dragon Ball requires -- a delicate balance of silly slapstick, brutal violence, touching melodrama, rousing heroics, good-natured fun and a complete abandonment of all logic, with explosive effects that propel the action at two-hundred miles an hour. In other words, the best kids movie ever, just made for grown-ups.

-- END!

Exactly! Steven Chow! Perfect! I would love for him and his little built in cast that follows him around to make a DBZ movie.

ShaolinSoccer-photo_04_hires.jpg

53c001853b7de04e43dbf6857663a48d.jpg

kung_fu_hustle_stephen_chow.jpg

kfh_1.jpg

Steven Chow + Jim Henson = Dragonball Z hit!

Yeah, baby! I can't wait for this movie now! It's -- it's not real at all, is it?

Aaaaand...cue the depression again. Stupid reality.

-- END!

A DBZ live action can only be good if done right. Kung-Fo Hustle meets Pan's Labarynth is the perfect mix, but, nevertheless, I still think that it would be strange. Energy blasts, sure, they can be done without trouble. It's more the concept of a guy screaming "KAMEHAMEHA" that gets me worried. It would look corny if they had to scream attacks and all that stuff. If it started at the Saiyan Saga, that would be good. It would still be fantasty, true, but less transformations (only a few Giant Ape forms). CGI would be used less.

If Hellboy could be made, I'm sure DBZ could be made, but only if the right people did it. Otherwise, it would be horrendous.

I'm actually not worried about that because plenty of martial arts movies have done the whole "screaming the technique name" thing and it seems fine to me. Just no drawn out kamehamehas. Just say it quick and do it. I don't need to hear it for 5 minutes.

Savage said:
I'm actually not worried about that because plenty of martial arts movies have done the whole "screaming the technique name" thing and it seems fine to me. Just no drawn out kamehamehas. Just say it quick and do it. I don't need to hear it for 5 minutes.

*lol* yeah...

*Goku*- KAAAAAAAA..................MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..........HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA........MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.........
*Narrators voice*- Next time on DRAGONBALL Z....HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

id love to see a DBZ movie, maybe just not by FOX =/

Do we have proof they started it again? And when could we expect any new news on it?

i dont see any problem with attempting to make the movie, i mean yeah if it sucks i would be disappointed but i would still be happy that they made the movie. Its not like a bad movie is gonna tarnish how good the show was. I mean the show has been over for a long time now, so they wouldnt be ruining anything.

The hair shouldnt be an issue at all, they dont need it to be 10 feet tall, they can just have the hair become longer and glow when goku or whoever goes ss. But its not like they are gonna start at that part, becuz no one goes ss for awhile in the show. I hope they make the movie sometime soon. If they can make an Avatar: the last airbender movie then they can freakin make a dragonball z movie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"