DTL Season 5-Week 1 (Set 1)

DTL Commish

DTL Commisioner
Reaction score
The rules:
This is one of four threads containing matches.
The threads will be in use for 7 days. Days 1-3 (Friday-Sunday) are strictly setup time for owners to plead their cases, tell us their team’s strategies, breakdown the match ups, and do whatever else they can/want to do to try and convince you that their team would pull out a victory. Please, let the owners do this on their own with no help from you, the fan.

Debates will open to everyone on Day 4 (Monday) once I post that they are open. On Day 6 (Wednesday) I will post and tell everyone that voting may begin. Only after doing so will voting start. Any votes cast before I open voting will not count.

Look over the matchups and read the owners strategies and take into consideration how in-character each character is. Afterwards, use your best judgment to decide who you think has the best chance to win the match up. (Note: The length of a writeup is up to the owner. Do not punish owners just for having a shorter writeup.)

To vote, post the team names you think will prevail in each match. Remember, to vote for each match up or your vote will not count! The teams with the highest vote total at the end of the 7th day (Thursday) will get a W while the other will get an L. (Equal votes will result in a tie.)

The battleground for this week is: The Savage Land

Chaos & Order
Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner) (DU)
Shanzar (MU)
Vision (MM)
Scarlet Spider (MR)
Proctor (MR)

VS.

Everybody in the Case Mare
Wonder Woman (JLA/Witchblade) (DU)
Green Lantern (Bruce Wayne) (DU)
Miss Martian (DM)
Deadpool (MR)
Wiccan (MR)

Who?
Dr. Strange Gaea(Gaian) aura (MU)
Ressurection Man 1 million (DU)
The Turtle (DM)
Magik 2 (MR)
Inertia (MR)

VS.

Leaguer/Corp
Ion (DU) - all the powers of a Green Lantern, but more powerful
Fernus the Burning (DU) - telepathy, shape shifting, super-strength, super-speed, invulnerability, heat vision, phasing, plus everything that goes along with being on fire
Faith (DM) - high level telekinesis, but extended use leads to extreme physical fatigue
Zauriel (DR) - flight, sonic scream, enhanced strength, durability and stamina, enhanced healing, divine armor (further enhancing all physical abilities), fiery sword (can emit blasts of flame, cutting power limited only by user's willpower), can sense good and evil, can detect magic
Black Knight (MR) - everything you need to know

HEY! This is totally screwed up. I swapped Green Lantern (Bruce Wayne) for Captain Universe before the final line-ups were due and that's Harlekin's team up there, not wieg's!

Good... good. Now replace Captain Universe with Green lantern (Bruce Wayne) and you're done. :)

I want to see LadyVader's.... Write-Up!

Prep-Time
I'm experimenting with a classic prep-time style. Important facts are bolded for the time constrained. The battle will be more straight forward.

The argument in the jungle is already heated by the time Kyle 'arrives'. He comes upon an odd scene. A white-skinned being arguing with a tall man in a cape holding a rather imposing sword. Between them stands a see-through being that is definitely not human.

GL: "Well this is something you don't see everyday."

"Tell me about it." Kyle jumps as he looks up for the voice, spotting a man high in the tree...sticking to the trunk.

GL: "Uh, hi....Do we know each other?"

Ben: "I was about to ask the same thing."

GL: "So what's going on?"

Ben: "Vision's trying to keep the other two from killing each other."

GL: "Vision?"

Ben: "You know, the Avenger." Kyle is clueless. "Synthezoid."

"Who are you?!" Shanzar yells, finally noticing the newcomer, interrupting before Kyle can ask what a Synthezoid is.

GL: "Uh, Green Lantern. Nice to meet you?"

Proctor: "Are you another useless being? Do you know why we are here?"

GL: "Not a clue." That's when Kyle's ring comes to life, displaying their opponent's images and basic descriptions.

Ben: "Whoa, cool light show. Who are they supposed to be?"

Vision: "Our opponents."

Shanzar: "What are you babbling about? What opponents."

Vision: "It's only logical. The Avengers have faced this situation before. Transportation to a location, forced to battle a random set of opponents for the entertainment of higher beings."

Shanzar: "I am nobody's entertainment!"

Proctor: "Nor am I."

Ben: "Don't think we have much of a choice."

Shanzar: "I am a Sorcerer Supreme. No one forces me to do their bidding." Shanzar tries to teleport away through a black portal, but just emerges on the other side of the group.

Ben: "Like I said." Shanzar crosses his arms, still furious.

Proctor: "If we must fight, let us be quick about it. We will kill them and finish the fight."

Kyle: "No way. No freaking way!" He points at the image of Wonder Woman and Bruce Wayne. "Those two are my friends, although I have no idea how Bruce got a ring of his own, but no one is killing anyone!"

Ben: "Yeah, I'm not much into the killing thing myself."

Vision: "I concur."

Shanzar: "I don't really care. We kill them before they get a chance to do the same to us." He stares down Kyle. "And you would be wise not to get in my way."

Vision motions for Kyle and Ben to join him. "Perhaps it would be wise to humor them. We should use what little time we have to discuss our opponents and strategize."

Ben: "I'm not killing, and I'm not letting them."

Kyle: "We won't. But I don't feel like fighting them now before the real battle starts."

The three agree to 'cooperate' with Proctor and Shanzar. They spend the rest of the time discussion what they know of their opponents. Kyle tells them about Wonder Woman and Batman. And about Batman's ring. Also about the martians. Vision describes Deadpool's abilities and rather 'unique' personality. No one knows Wiccan, although the discription of his magical powers gives them pause. They also discuss their own abilities.

Based on what they know of themselves and the other team, Chaos & Order work out how best to tackle their opponents powers while exploiting their weaknesses.

And we're live in 3..2...1...

52thirtyseven.jpg

Hello and welcome pandimsensional sport fans. It's that magical time of the commonly accepted temporal measuring unit called year again. The Dream Team League. I am you ever so humbled mechanical host Skeets and with me today is our very own HK-47 joining us today from the Lucasverse. Hi!

001_hk47.jpg

Greeting: Hello Skeets and hello all you victims watching us, organic or otherwise.

I am so excited my circuits are positively glowing. Aren't you excited!?

Negation: No.

... Whoa, akward moment. At least I think it would be awkward if I could compute awkwardness. Anyway, so this is it season 5! 6546,7 trillion of concious entities are joining us today, from all over the multiverse, and they all want the same thing! Blood! aaaand... a decent parking space. But anyway, the show will start off with a quick joust in the one and only Savage Land. What do you know about the place HK?

Hopeful extrapolation: It's a place of savage murders?

Yes and no, my bloodlust-bound-bot. Savage Land is a quaint little hot spot in the middle of the Antarctic. But that's not where we'll find our players of the day. No they are getting ready on the island of Providence, where they are dishing out information on their oponents for the day. let's check out those rosters shall we?

Chaos & Order
Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner) (DU)
Shanzar (MU)
Vision (MM)
Scarlet Spider (MR)
Proctor (MR)

VS.

Everybody in the Case Mare
Wonder Woman (JLA/Witchblade) (DU)
Green Lantern (Bruce Wayne) (DU)
Miss Martian (DM)
Deadpool (MR)
Wiccan (MR)

Wow, so Chaos and Order has Casa Mare beat in the magic department, but on the other hand, Casa Mare has not one but TWO female players. They have womanly charms on their side.

Addendum: And for anybody not interested in Wonder Woman or a green alien female, there is the homosexual boy. He'd make a good hostage...

Right you are, HK47. Now let's join our machination on location, L-Ron who is reporting live from Providence. L-Ron. You're on the air. Tell us, what is the atmosphere in Providence?

Lron.jpg

How would i know, I don't breathe? But if you're referring in the metaphorical sense, as you usually do and it's terribly confusing, then for now I have this to report.

11.45: Team transported to Providence.
11.46: Deadpool attempted to grab Wonder Woman's ass.
12:35: Bruce Wayne begins conversation with Black Box, learning important information about the oponents, and the location of the fight.
12.57: Wonder Woman remembers she fought Kyle Rayner at one point and defeated him. Bruce Wayne nods attempting not to look at her intermammary clef.
13.09: Bruce Wayne, based on the information provided by Black Box, Wonder Woman, Miss martian, outlines a plan for the team to follow in battle.
16.45: 93% of Deadpool's epidermus has healed, except for the area around his privates.

Ouch, thank you for that detailed report, L-Ron. So we know what those crazy Casa mare Kids have been up to, time to turn those cameras towards the battlefield because our teams have just been ported in!

Exclamation: Neat-o.

Battle-Time
Key notes from prep-time: Kyle's ring gave them information on their opponents and Vision determined it's a contest. Shanzar refuses to be used and tries to leave the contest but is prevented from doing so. As is their character, Proctor and Shanzar want to kill their opponents to end the fight quickly, but the others refuse to go along. In order to prevent in-fighting, the heroes decide to pretend to go along with Shanzar and Proctor, hoping to stop them in the battle. Knowing they have no choice, and at least somewhat willing to work together, the team starts to plan.

When the battle starts, Vision (scouting from the air), Ben, and Proctor search for their opponents. Similarly, Case Mare is doing the same, with Deadpool pushing everyone's buttons. Out of nowhere a black portal opens up. Shanzar and Kyle emerge. Shanzar slams into Wonder Woman, forcing her into another portal and away from the battle. Kyle tangles with Bruce, also pulling him away.

Vision and Miss Martian fight, but make little ground against each other as they each remain intangible. But they continue to fight one another to prevent the other from attacking their teammates.

Miss Martian can't warn Deadpool about Ben because he is immune to telepathy. So Ben is able to web up Deadpool from high in a tree with a couple of compression webs. Ben can quickly leap and swing away through tree branches to avoid any counter-attack by Wiccan.

Proctor is powerful enough to keep Wiccan, but Wiccan's force fields will protect him from any teleporting surprise attacks, and his blasts should keep Proctor at bay. As long as Proctor and Ben can keep Wiccan busy enough, he won't be able to cast any powerful spells that could end the fight. Ben's spider-sense will help protect him. Ben may still get taken out since he can teleport to safety like Proctor. And if he tries to help Vision, Miss Martian may telepathically take him out.

While the others fight, Shanzar takes on Wonder Woman. It's a logical choice because Shanzar has the durability and magical powers to stand against Wonder Woman. Diana's Witchblade increases her powers and gives her magical attacks. But Shanzar is highly resistant to the magics outside the Strange Matter dimension. The energy blasts from the blade will do little damage to him, if any. On the other hand, non-Strange Matter magics tend to be weak against his. So Shanzar can inflict damage to Diana. He should be able to take her down, but if not, he can call forth demons to keep her busy while he assists Kyle.

Speaking of Kyle, it will be a close battle between him and Wayne. Kyle has far more experience and imagination wielding the ring than Wayne does, but Wayne is Batman. No doubt Wayne would have some tactics, but he was never seen to be the crime fighter and experienced tactician the regular Batman displays. Even if Kyle has a problem dealing with Wayne (Wayne was able to handle Sinestro), Shanzar can assist him. Wayne would fall to the duo, giving Kyle and Shanzar the chance to stop Wonder Woman.

Vision and Miss Martian would be at a standoff until Vision set fire to the jungle. This would weaken the martian, potentially giving him the opportunity to fight her without intangibility. All Vision would need is a few moments to escape and phase into the ground, then come up under Wiccan and take him out by passing through him. This means Miss Martian will have to take on Proctor, Vision, and possibly Ben. And if the uber fight is finished, she'll also be facing Kyle and Shanzar. It's not a fight she can win.

If Wiccan proves decidedly stubborn, Shanzar could join the fight against him (once Wayne and Diana are taken care of). So, even if Wiccan can take out Ben and Proctor, he'll have to face a far more powerful sorcerer who is highly resistant to his magics.

Chaos & Order will walk away from this fight with a win.

Battle-time (as commented by Skeets and HK47)

Query: Are you ready to rrrrrrumble?

HK47! DO I detect a note of enthusiasm in your speech circuits?

Maxim: When in Rome...

Well said, my positronic-pal. The teams have just beamed down into Savage Land and look at that. Wonder Woman just lunged at poor Kyle Rayner.
I mean she went after him like a dog in heat.

Correction: I believe the term is bi...

Shush. There are underaged pan-dimensional beings watching this display of mindless bloody violence. They don't need to hear foul language! Anyway, Wonder Woman went after Kyle Rayner. They are struggling, struggling...

Description: The meatbag is distracted by a young nubile disgusting human female.

That's no ordinary human female. That's Kyle Rayner's first girlfriend and love of his life. Alex! What is SHE doing here!?

Addendum: Regardless of her reasons for showing up the meatbag is distracted. Wonder Woman is about to take advantage.

Ouch! That has to hurt. She slammed him into the ground while he was distracted by... Miss Martian!? Well how do you like them green apples. They went all psychological warfare on their butts.
Phew, this is too much drama for my circuits. Let's see what is going on in other people's back yards.

Notification: The insane one and the arachnid wannabe have engaged in battle somewhere in the vicinity. Here is a live broadcast from that...

You do know that everybody hates clones yeah?

No they don't!

Oh, wake up and smell the stale DNA. They hate you. Especially clones that are NOT wearing a white uniform and have NOT been cloned from the DNA of a famous bounty hunter. Though granted that part was pretty ******ed.

At least I was a clone that actually tried to do something worthwhile with my life...

Hey, I try to do worthwhile stuff! Like for instance the other day I even wrote an article on wikipedia on hemoroids.

Well you'd know about that wouldn't you, since you're a major pain in the ass!

Whew. Those boys are really going at it. Meanwhile Green Lantern is getting his posterior handed to him by Shanzar. In fact he is this close to leaving the mortal coil. Fortunately for him Wonder Woman has healed his wounds and is now joining him in battle.

Elaboration: Miss Martian has contacted Ben Reilly telepathically and distracted him long enough for Deadpool to by pass the meatbag's danger sense. He is now out of comission.

And where are Vision and Proctor you ask. Wiccan attacked them by surprise. Vision quickly aprehanded the boy and is about to knock him out or kill him, either, putting the boy out of his misery...

Interjection: KEEN-O!

Stop that HK you are freaking me out. Anyway, here's a live broadcast from on location:

Dad, wait!

What?

I am Scarlet Witch's son... William. Therefore your son. Right?

I... I... It's complicated.

Let me simplify it...

(Wiccan generates a massive bolt of lightning that takes Proctor out and with a simple displacement spell he removes Vision's solar cell from his forehead, shutting him down.)

So that leaves Shanzar to fight against the entire team, plus Whatever corpses Wonder Witchblade decides to re-animate to fight for her. Think this will take long HK-47?

Conclusion: It will take a while but not even Shanzar can defeat a whole team by himself. He may flee to the Strange Matter universe but being the evil mastermind that I know and love, he'd want to stay put and fight until he perishes.

Everybody in the Casa Mare wins. (shyeah right...)

Author's notes: Kind of confusing but I at least hope somebody giggled at the Deadpool/Scarlet Spider exchange. :)

Can't wait to read your full writeup tonight, LV.

You Know Who? Is Gonna Get His Ass Kicked

Preptime - Logistics and Team Dynamics

The only trouble You Know Who? Is Gonna Get His Ass Kicked face from a logistical point of view is having Fernus, a villain, on a team otherwise comprised completely of heroes. Because no other team member, or members, could hope to force Fernus into cooperation and still win a fight, the responsibility of secure efficient teamwork lies with Fernus himself, and, though it may surprise the reader, it is one he does not shirk. Fernus is a being that draws power from the emotional torment of those around him, and this situation offers a unique opportunity for him: he gets to experience the mental anguish his teammates undergo being forced to fight, hurt and perhaps even kill their friends and allies. There isn't a doubt in his mind that his teammates will all die by his hand eventually, especially the Oan scum poster boy Ion, but for now he is content to soak up their emotional pain and sate his thirst for more physical torment with his enemies.

With this match in mind, the five fighters share the information they have on their enemies. The Black Knight, able to access the Avengers' databases, supplies his team with everything they need know about Magik, Dr. Strange and Inertia, although the form of Dr. Strange they are matched up against seems to slightly differ from the records. Zauriel similarly access the JLA databases and pulls up everything they have on the Turtle and Resurrection Man. The file on Resurrection Man is slim, and the version they're up against doesn't quite seem to match, but Fernus taps into the memories he shares with the Martian Manhunter and recognizes Resurrection Man from J'onn's experience in the 853rd century. He tells his team everything they need know, especially about the device on Resurrection Man's arm.

They recognize immediately that they have one distinct disadvantage and one distinct advantage. One of their enemies, the Turtle, has the ability to blanket the entire area in a null-speed field, which could cripple their team's chances at winning. However, unlike their enemies, Zauriel's entire team can fly, an advantage they intend to capitalize on.

The Fight

The two teams arrive at their battleground, the prehistoric Savage Land, and find themselves face to face, mere hundreds of yards apart. Immediate the fighting begins.

A green armada of spaceships and troopers with alien-looking suits of armor appears out of nowhere and focuses its entire attack force on Dr. Strange. The constructions are merely a side thought, however, as Ion teleports himself into space directly overhead and summons a complex-looking sniper rifle, aims back down and focuses in on the Turtle's head and fires. Back on Earth, utilizing his super-speed, Fernus charges Resurrection Man immediately after combat begins but stops dead in the air as the Turtle catches the rest of Ion's team in a pocket of motionless silence. As the beam of Ion's rifle hits the Turtle in the head with concussive force, knocking him unconscious and releasing Ion's team from their prison of stillness, Dr. Strange busies himself Ion's armada, Magik summons her Soulsword, Inertia begins launching pieces of debris from the jungle floor and Resurrection Man turns his attention on his team's most dangerous and immediate threat: Fernus.

Having gone straight to the top tier of powers, Resurrection Man uses his newly aquired skill at matter manipulation to remove the oxygen from the air immediately around Fernus, killing the Martian's flames and weakening him. As the Turtle's attack ends, Ion teleports back down to skies above the Savage Land and renews his onslaught against Dr. Strange, Black Knight draws his Sword of Light, Faith summons up a telekinetic field to block Inertia's attacks, Fernus begins to fall from the sky and Zauriel rushes forth to aid him against Resurrection Man.

Rocketing through the sky beyond the speed of sound, Zauriel draws his fiery sword and with a clean stroke, severs the distracted Resurrection Man's arm, removing the device he uses to select his powers. Another swipe removes Resurrection Man's head. Although he is an angel and loathes death, he is a guardian angel and combat is no more foreign to him than this "Resurrection Man" is. He is whispered of in the halls of Heaven as "the Man Who Escaped God's Notice" and Zauriel is quite familiar with his ability to escape death, a fact that relieves Zauriel of any guilt in the death. In fact, as Resurrection Man's headless body falls, following Fernus out of the sky, a new head has already begun to form. As Fernus falls he escapes the pocket of air from which Resurrection Man removed the oxygen and his flames re-ignite. Looking over, he sees what's happening with Resurrection Man. He knows that with a new head comes new life, and with a new life comes a new power. A quick flash of heat vision to Resurrection Man's brain lobotomizes him and ensures he'll never get to master that power.

Meanwhile, Zauriel rushes to help Black Knight with Magik, Faith catches the vegetable that once was Resurrection Man, continues to render Inertia's attacks futile and turns her attention to Dr. Strange. Fernus takes off to aid Ion with Dr. Strange and, while doing so, realizes that, while Strange masked his team from telepathy, as Black Knight expected he would, Strange did not guard the mass of wildlife of the Savage Land.

As Magik falls under the combined magic-heavy assault of both Black Knight and Zauriel and Inertia succumbs to a veritable army of bloodthirsty dinosaurs, Ion and Fernus struggle with Dr. Strange, who has banished Ion's space armada. Ion quickly replaces them with wave after wave of summoned creature and machine, but Strange makes short work of them. Even Fernus' newly arrived physical onslaught doesn't seem to shake the sorcerer. Black Knight and Zauriel, both adept at sensing magic, realize that Strange has an unexpected mastery over the elements, a fact they telepathically transmit too late as Fernus is hit by a blast of ice, weakening his flames yet again.

Joined by Faith, Ion realizes that even though Strange guarded his mind, his brain is still vulnerable. Using his power over energy, Ion reaches into Strange's brain and slows the electrical impulses of the sorcerer’s mind, particularly his center for motor control. Strange quickly realizes that his ability to communicate his spells through his hand motions has been handicapped and as he struggles to cast a spell to rectify the problem, Faith uses the lag time to continue on Ion's train of thought and formulates a plan. Backing off and squeezing her eyes shut, Faith focuses all of her concentration on forming four tiny bubbles of telekinetic force, one inside each of the bones inside Strange's forearms. Quickly expanding them, the bones shatter and Strange's hands are rendered useless. Strange screams, but he doesn't realize that this was just a failsafe, incase Faith's primary plan doesn't work. She summons a similar bubble of force inside Strange's skull, which Ion has proven is vulnerable, and quickly expands and contracts it, crashing into Strange's brain, simulating a severe concussion. Strange falls, and Faith's team stands victorious.

Prep

First my team huddles together and gets to talking. Soon they start sexing each other up. After they are done really connecting they get to work.

Mitch switches to telepathy and hooks everyone up with mindlinks. Mitch and Strange fill everyone in on who they are facing and what they can do. Mitch uses his powers to give everyone some psi defences while Strange backs them up with his own magicks. Strange and Amanda cast a cloaking spell on the entire team along with shields. They then cast multiple illusions spells. Mitch using his tp boosts the cloaking and illusion spells. (Xavier and Strange have shown they can use tp and magic together to boost their effectiveness) Strange then prepares some spells for battle. Once finished they sex each other up like only X would know. Especially Turtle. Yeah X, that was for you. You know you want some Turtle action.

Battle

First off lets look and see what is wrong with the other team.

Teamwork

Fernus the burning martian and a GL working together? Yeah that ain't workin. Fernus hates GL's and Oans due to what they did in years past. Faith has also faced off with Fernus before as well so there is no love between those two. Thanks to Mitch (who has info on pretty much everything concerning the JLA will know of all this.) my team will know of this.

As the battle starts Strange uses his special connection with he planet to let him know exactly where the other team is. Strange then quickly teleports Mitch and the Turtle directly to the area where Ion is. Turtle quickly saps the speed of anyone on the other team that is in the area around him. Strange then teleports Fernus away from his team and prepares for battle. Mitch teleports(using boom tube) directly to Faiths location(if needed). While Amanda teleports Zauriel away from his team.

Strange vs. Fernus

Strange will know of Fernus's weaknesses thanks to Micth and will be all to ready to take advantage of them. Quickly Strange starts not only pulling the fire out of him but flooding him with water. With the cloaking spells and illusion spells Fernus will be a little confused where exactly Strange is and with the psi defenses from Mitch on top of his already impressive psi defenses Strange's mind will be well protected. Strange then begins to blast the **** out of Fernus on top of hitting him with water and pulling his flames out. At this point it is only a matter of time before Fernus is finished.

Ressurection Man vs. Faith

This is going to be pretty damn simple. Even if Turtle somehow fails to nail her Mitch can just overwhelm her with his psi powers and his incredible strength. If needed he can switch instantly

Magik 2 and Inertia vs. Zauriel and Black Knight

Having teleported Zuariel away Magik can take on Black Knight while Inertia uses the surrounding kinetic energy to hit Zuariel. Inertia's tactic will be a delaying one but surprisingly effective. Thanks to the illusions and cloaking spell Zuariel will have a very hard time finding Inertia.

Amanda and BK fight will be surprisingly short. Amanda's soulsword will shatter BK's blade. It's anti-magic abilities will render the blade useless. Amanda then puts him down with a quick spell.

Amanda then joins Inertia to tag team Zuariel.

Ressurection Man and Strange vs. Ion

Now with Ion caught by Turtle Mitch can finish Faith quickly and engage Ion while Strange finishes Fernus. Mitch switches to his quantum speed and nails Ion. Mitch then quickly grabs Ion and vibrates him literally through dimensions(Yep, what he did to Supes). Needless to say this will make him a bit whoozy as well as give Strange time to enter the match. As Strange attacks Ion not just physically but spiritually Mitch switches to his ionic power and bombards Ion with it. With Dr. Strange and Ressurection man hammering him he will fall. Perhaps even quickly.

At this point if Zauriel has not fallen to the duo he will quickly fall to the combined forces of Turtle, Dr. Strange, and Mitch.

The team then sexes up their unconcious foes.:yay:

I'll kill you. :D

But seriously, kudos. I'll elaborate on that later. :)

No debating between anyone in this thread?

Everyone put out damned good stuff but no point and count point...?

I only got one thing to say to wieg in that I don't think Deadpool would be taken out so esily by Scarlet Spider. I don't know how durable those webs are but Deadpool would sure as hell have a blade handy to cut them. :)

I remain disappointed. :(

I'd debate, but I can't. :( Leaguer'll probably be on later, though.

Rebuttle, part 1:

I haven't had time to really take an indepth look at Who?'s write up, but four major points stuck out at me:

1) Your take on Fernus' dynamic with my team is incredibly flawed. Fernus is not a mindless killing machine. As his appearance in JLA showed, he is a brilliant planner and has the necessary trait of patience that would allow him to work a team of heroes in the manner that I outlined. As for the "bad blood" between Fernus and heroes like Ion and Faith, Fernus has been around them before without turning into a mindless monster. Again referring to Trial by Fire, Fernus bidded his time in the Martain Manhunter form before revealing his true self. Just because he hates them doesn't mean he is of a one-track mind to destroy them at all times.

Consequently, the dynamic I suggest for my team is perfectly plausible and likely.

Additionally, Faith's powers have a "feel good" side affect, filling her teammates' minds with "good thoughts." The effects of this power are so strong that even the always-suspicious Nightwing was swayed into completely trusting her, even after just meeting her. Although such an effect would be signfiicantly less on an evil creature like Fernus, it would still add to the Martian's ability to work efficiently with his team.

2) You don't seem to understand how Turtle's power works. He steals kinetic energy, which doesn't affect other aspects of a person, such as their ability to think. Ion, whose power is directly controlled by his ability to think, would suffer absolutely no hinderance whatsoever. Green Lanterns are able to achieve speeds beyond luminar speed thanks to their ability to "warp," which would mean Ion could escape Turtle's field in a manner much like the one I suggest in my write-up. Ion's constructs are also energy-based, a property the Turtle is unlikely to be able to affect, meaning they also would be unhindered by his power, which is the exact scenario I write in my write-up.

Furthermore, Ion's powers have a strong magical property to them (perhaps equally as strong as the science aspect) thanks to the Starheart energy he wields, so it's possible that Turtle's science-based abilities would be negated on magical grounds, rendering the point moot anyway.

Fernus and Faith also have powers that rely directly on thought. Although even I admit the offensive aspect of Fernus' telepathy would be minimal, he would still have a telepathic channel of communication open between his teammates, and Faith's telekinetic abilities would be completely unaffected by the Turtle's powers, allowing her to attack just as easily as if she were not under his influence.

3) Continuing on the Ion train of thought, you significantly underplay Ion's abilities as a Green Lantern, and even moreso as a "Green Lantern plus." Even if the Turtle's abilties would affect his constructs, he could still create barriers for protection against any conventional attack directed his way. This would especially be true against your hypothesized high-speed attack from Resurrection Man, which would undeniably be futile against the energy shield Ion would inevitably keep active. Thus Resurrection Man could neither get a hit in on him, nor could he grab him and attempt an interdimensional vibration attack.

Furthermore, Ion can shield himself from telepathic assault. In his former incarnation as Ion, he was able to manipulate his energy powers into full-on telepathy. In his current state, Ion should logically be at least powerful enough to passively guard himself from any psi attack Resurrection Man could mount. Moreover, any telepathic shield Fernus constructed would be far more effective than any telepathic assult Resurrection Man could ever devise.

4) Your plan for using magical illusions and cloaking to prevent Zauriel from finding Inertia would be useless. As an angel, Zauriel has the powerful ability sense magic. This sense is so keen that at one point he was able to sense the Spectre's activity across an entire dimension. Consequently, Zauriel would have absolutely no problem seeing through the magic and putting Inertia down almost instantaneously with a sonic scream. And even if he couldn't directly sense her, his scream has a wide range of attack and would hit her anyway.

Wow. I didn't think Leaguer would take it that seriously.

That's actually extremely good stuff. Kudos.

No debating between anyone in this thread?

Everyone put out damned good stuff but no point and count point...?

I'll debate soon. Like, once I read LV's writeup.

Which reminds me:

Writeups close in 4 hours.

Not everybody hates clones!!! :mad:
...just most clones.

And I'm glad the first writeup I read is full of LV's classic humor.

I have no doubt Deadpool could cut out of the webbing while Ben helps Proctor out. But I was trying to save time (probably saved too much). And even if DP gets free, he's still going to be facing some combination of Ben, Proctor, and Vision (depending on how quickly their battles wrap up).

Knowing that Shanzar is resistant to magic, my team's going to make sure it's him and Wonder Woman facing off.

If Miss Martian is using psychological warfare on Kyle, she's attacking him, meaning he can attack her too. But it's probably going to have little effect on Kyle since that trick's been used on him before. He should almost be used to it by now. ;)

I can see Miss Martian attacking Ben telepathically, but she's going to have to be worried about Vision. And being a Martian, once Vision starts a fire, he can use it to weaken and distract her. All the while, Proctor, who is very powerful and experienced, will be able to handle Wiccan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"