DTL Season 5-Week 11 (Set 4)

DTL Commish

DTL Commisioner
Reaction score
The rules:
This is one of four threads containing matches.
Due to the holiday, these threads will be in use for 10 days. Days 1-4 (Feb 5 - Feb 8) are strictly setup time for owners to plead their cases, tell us their team’s strategies, breakdown the match ups, and do whatever else they can/want to do to try and convince you that their team would pull out a victory. Please, let the owners do this on their own with no help.

On Day 5 (Feb 9) I will post and tell everyone that voting may begin. Any votes cast before I open voting will not count. Look over the matchups and read the strategies, and take into consideration how in-character each character is. Afterwards, use your best judgment to decide who you think has the best chance to win the match. (Note: The length of a writeup the discretion of the owner. Do not punish owners just for having a shorter writeup.)

To vote, post the team names you think will prevail in each match. Remember to vote for all matches or your vote will not count! The teams with the highest vote total at the end of the 9th day (Feb 12) will get a W while the other will get an L. (Equal votes will result in a tie.)

The battleground for this week is: Imperial Gladitorial Ring (Planet Hulk)

Who?*
Starhawk (original) (MU) - Super strength, super speed, energy blasts, manipulates energy, can create light constructs, and a form of cosmic awareness.
Over-Mind (MU) - Vast telepathy, super strength, energy manipulation, and incredible durability.
Doom 2099 (MM) - Superhuman stats(durability, strength, stamina, etc.), technopathy, energy blasts, force fields, invisibility, phasing, and flight.
Ganymede (MR) - Enhanced stats, flight belt, and a staff that can release energy.
Magik 2 (MR) - Teleportation, spellcaster, and wields the Soulsword.

VS.

Mistress Gluon*
Silver Surfer (eXiles) (MU)
Hyperion (eXiles) (MU)
Warbird (eXiles) (MM)
Deathstroke (DR)
Bullseye (MR)

Who? wins this. I think Starhawk could probably at least give Silver Surfer a decent fight. Meanwhile, I don't think Hyperion has a defense against Over-Mind's telepathy. So then they can double-team Surfer (maybe triple-team him if Over-Mind telepathically controls Hyperion.) Doom 2099 can take Warbird as well, and the regs won't stand a chance against him.

Who?

Gluon's lowers really don't have a chance. Surfer could give Starhawk a run for the money, but I don't think Hyperion is telepathy immune (he might be resistant). But Who?'s lowers should give his ubers the edge they need.

I'm swinging the other way. Silver Surfer may be the highest end uber in the game, now that S1M is out, rivaled perhaps by Superman-Prime, Infinity-Man, and alternate versions of himself. I think that counts for a lot. I think a smart matchup gives Surfer the chance to take down Over-Mind before his telepathic control becomes a problem, leaving two big-time heavy-hitters against one. And frankly, on the low end, the only player I see giving Gluon any trouble is Magik.

I give this one to Mistress Gluon.

The raging feminist in me votes for

Mistress GLuon

Voting is now over.
Final Results:

Who? 4
Mistress Gluon 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member