DTL Season 5-Week 5 (Set 1)

The Immortals

I think the speed and tech advantage are sufficient to win here.
Immortals aren't in this thread. You need to vote for the Deadly Dozen or Chaos & Order. From your comment I'm guessing (hoping?) you meant to vote for me.

Sorry, messed up. That should be the Deadly Dozen.

his basilisk field which is about 10ft of protection and his absorbing power which is limited to 5.

I won't go into whether that particular power combination makes him uber, since I've already voted and it's not my match. But I would like to make a general comment on that reasoning:

Certain powers are worth more when combined than they're worth individually. E.g., having a guy with both super-speed and a death touch is far more useful than having one guy with superspeed and another guy with a death touch.

I'm just saying we shouldn't always assume that combining three reg powers can't make more than a medium -- it depends on what the powers are.
who has a death touch?

then lets talk about willow o the wisp

speed, durability, invisibility and still more powers that i can't remember...

mimic exiles: colossus, northstar, cyclops, wolverine and deadpool

Vision (eXiles) (MM)
Miss Martian (Titans of Tomorow) (DM)
Brainiac 417 w/MonElves (DM)

gotta go to work, see yall

Plus the powers of a med, which in my mind makes him somewhere in the uber range.

Mountjoy isn't a medium because if his powers. His only 'non-mounting' power is just to dampen reflexes at a short range. That's just a a reg power. Mountjoy's a middleweight because he can pretty much copy anyone's powers, as well as remove them from the battlefield. And by copying powers, even of just a couple of regs, he can become a medium himself. (Mountjoy would be pretty useless as a regular because he wouldn't be able to go up to middleweight without his owner sacrificing their middleweight, or not putting one in their lineup.)

Did AS vote in this thread? I'm not seeing one.

Mountjoy isn't a medium because if his powers. His only 'non-mounting' power is just to dampen reflexes at a short range. That's just a a reg power. Mountjoy's a middleweight because he can pretty much copy anyone's powers, as well as remove them from the battlefield. And by copying powers, even of just a couple of regs, he can become a medium himself. (Mountjoy would be pretty useless as a regular because he wouldn't be able to go up to middleweight without his owner sacrificing their middleweight, or not putting one in their lineup.)
he doesn't copy powers. he jumps into people taking over thier bodies. check his two links, it shows an example of both

I understand that. That's why I mentioned that he also removes them from the battlefield. So not only does he amp himself up, he reduces the other team's power level. It's a heck of an ability.

harky hates it and thinks its a cop-out... i vote for xfan btw

Voting is now over.
Final Results:

Chaos & Order 4
The Deadly Dozen 2

In Jesus' Name 0
Who? 7

Wait, how's that possible to only have 5 votes in one of them?

Wieg and I both voted in AS and Who?'s match, but they didn't vote in ours. So our match only had five votes. (Nightwing, Aristotle, Ahura, Harl, LV)

Anyway, nice match Wieg.:up:

Actually, AS did vote. I need to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"