DTL Season 5-Week 3 (Set 4)

DTL Commish

DTL Commisioner
Reaction score
The rules:
This is one of four threads containing matches.
The threads will be in use for 7 days. Days 1-3 (Friday-Sunday) are strictly setup time for owners to plead their cases, tell us their team’s strategies, breakdown the match ups, and do whatever else they can/want to do to try and convince you that their team would pull out a victory. Please, let the owners do this on their own with no help from you, the fan.

Debates will open to everyone on Day 4 (Monday) once I post that they are open. On Day 6 (Wednesday) I will post and tell everyone that voting may begin. Only after doing so will voting start. Any votes cast before I open voting will not count.

Look over the matchups and read the owners strategies and take into consideration how in-character each character is. Afterwards, use your best judgment to decide who you think has the best chance to win the match up. (Note: The length of a writeup is up to the owner. Do not punish owners just for having a shorter writeup.)

To vote, post the team names you think will prevail in each match. Remember, to vote for each match up or your vote will not count! The teams with the highest vote total at the end of the 7th day (Thursday) will get a W while the other will get an L. (Equal votes will result in a tie.)

The battleground for this week is: Atlantis in the DC universe

The Immortals
Tony Stark: Sorcerer Supreme (MU) -- Very skilled mage who combines technology with magic.
Xavier Juggernaut (MU) -- Telepath with mystically-derived strength and invulnerability.
Brainiac 417 (W/MonElves) (DM) -- Intangible technological mastermind and his three miniature Superfast and Superstrong assistants.
Chunk (DR) -- Teleporting, matter absorbing computer genius.
Javen (DR) -- Organic metal form with emphasis on bladed weapons.

VS.

Zatanna and the Titans of Tomorrow
Zatanna (DU)
Superman (TT) (DU)
Batman (TT) (DR)
Aquawoman (TT) (DR)
Cyborg 2.0 (TT) (DR)

Uhh, ****. Ahura, you got this week, man? And did you get that link I emailed you?

Ahura Mazda and Khellendros from the 4th dimension hear the call of war and these two great beings gather a team of champions to fight once again..…..

The Team

Tony Stark: Sorcerer Supreme (MU) -- Very skilled mage who combines technology with magic.
Xavier Juggernaut (MU) -- Telepath with mystically-derived strength and invulnerability.
Brainiac 417 (W/MonElves) (DM) -- Intangible technological mastermind and his three miniature Superfast and Superstrong assistants.
Chunk (DR) -- Teleporting, matter absorbing computer genius.
Javen (DR) -- Organic metal form with emphasis on bladed weapons.

Prep Time

The 5 meet knowing they must do battle against others but most of them do not know each other. The Juggernaut, being a omega level telepath immediately links his mind with all he sees before him. Brainiac facilitates the process and Stark allows it to happen.

Brainiac is able to give complete information on the team that is facing them. He knows all of them because of the database of information he has on major DC characters. The other thing is that they all realize as well that none of the other team could know anything but the most basic information on Stark, Xavier and Brainiac 417.

Brainiac hands kryptonite (that he can readily synthesize) over to Xavier given Superman’s weakness to it.

Stark says that he will take on Zatanna and also asks Brainiac to lend one of his little assistants.

The others dewcide they will fight as one in a group knowing they have more raw power then Batman, Cyborg 2.0 and Aquagirl.

However, once they realize where they will be fighting they realize there is an issue. An underwater city will hold its advantages for Aquagirl. Neither Juggernaut nor Brainiac need to breathe air so they are fine. Brainiac gives all the other breathing devices for when and if they have to go in the water.

In the last three hours of the prep time, strategies are finalized while Tony runs through his armor's databases, making sure his most effective spells are preloaded for instant use. He also casts his best shield spell on himself: The Triple Shield of Protection, after summoning a pair of mirrors to perform it between.

Each team member has:

- A breathing device that holds 12 hours of breathing air
- Flight rings (the whole legion had one)
- Communication devices which allow everyone to stay in contact

On top of that,
Xavier has:
Synthesized Kryptonite

Brainiac 417 has:
All the tech he can think of from the 853rd century

The Battle

First off, Stark teleports all of them to face Zatanna and her teammates. Almost immediately he casts a spell of forgetfulness on their whole team. He then engages Zatanna in battle encasing her in the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak (binding her mouth) and the Clamp of Containment (binding her hands/lower body), which also prevents her from casting even the minor spells she normally casts when she loses the power to speak.

He would then use the Mists of Morpheus to put her to sleep within her bonds.

If that did not work he would effectively battle her using his superior speed at casting (his armor has spells programmed) to engage her while the Mini-Mon-El would attack her on a physical level.

Note that Zatanna has been neutralized many times like this before and that Stark can cast these spells simultaneously and in an instant given he has them prepared by his armour.

Xavier Juggernaut Vs. Superman

Xavier immediately penetrates Kon-El’s mind (Martian Manhunter could do this with ease) and also uses the Kryptonite to weaken Kon-El. The Battle that ensues is short and sweet given he has nothing with which he can harm the Juggernaut and that he remains vulnerable to the Kryptonite.

Stark could also come help in case there was trouble and could use a blast from the Eye of Agamotto, to blind and immmobilize him long enough to encase him in a crystal construct using the Crimson bands of Cyttorak.

Batman, Cyborg 2.0 & Aquagirl Vs. Brainiac, 2 mini Mon-els, Chunk and Javen

Now I am going to assume that this part of the battle will be in the submerged part as I assume Batman will want to optimize one of his major resources and that is Aquagirl. She will in turn summon as many marine animals as she can get a hold of.

Batman will use a special gun with a white dwarf encased bullet to put Chunk out of play and he will do this in some dues ex machina out of way to not have him implose into a black hole.

Javen will battle it out with Cyborg and given his showings against majestic he should have the upper hand even in water. He will cut up Cyborg and render him inoperable.

While the Mini-Mon-els engage the marine life (each with the power of 1/8th of a Mon-El) Brainiac attempts to use his psychic abilities and technology (psi-blocker) to disrupt Aquagirl’s telepathy. He then teleports her to the part that is only air…..

Batman does something to take Javen out of the battle as well (some chemical substance will render the liquid metal solid in a Batman dues ex machine style).

Batman & Aquagirl vs Brainiac and 2 mini-Mon-els in the air (after Brainiac took the battle out of the submerged part, Batman followed)

I will like to state that I would think that the mini-Mon-els could take Batman and Aquagirl in the open air, I will assume for the benefit of others that Brainiac will only stalemate the two until both Stark and Xavier Jugernaut appear.

Batman & Aquagirl will eventually go down and the Immortals will win.

Hmmm it seems Zatanna and her freinds decided not to show :(

This weeks been so dead it's ridiculous.

Absence?

What, of a day and a half?

Yes. That one. Which no one might have noticed if you hadn't told us about it and then DIDN'T VOTE FOR ME DAMNIT.

Sorry, dude. Things got really hectic.

Comment on the Super Adaptoid thing in the discussion thread, would you?

You know, this really isn't any fun when only one team shows up.

The Immortals.

Bold that ****, fools.

The Immortals get my vote, of course. I liked the use of their information advantage, but are we sure Braiy-417 is from the same timeline as the Titans of Tomorrow? If they're two different alternate futures, I'm not sure how much he'd know about them . . . but I guess at the very least he'd know their present-day counterparts, and the team could extrapolate to the future versions.

I've commented on this before, but I think the way you and Khell list Stark's spells by name is a welcome antidote to the "mages can do anything" BS we sometimes see. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"