Dumb moments in good movies

Man of Steel

Lois gets a cop to bring her back to the Kent farm. Superman just so happens to be standing there talking to his mom... with the cop standing by his car in the background.

How did the military get the ship that brought Kal to Earth?

He tells them he grew up in Kansas.

How do they not know where he "hangs his cape"?

Man of Steel

Lois gets a cop to bring her back to the Kent farm. Superman just so happens to be standing there talking to his mom... with the cop standing by his car in the background.

OMG I noticed the exact same thing while watching it. I just thought to myself "well there goes his secret identity now that this cop knows who his mum is". Not to mention the questions that would com up such as 'why did the Kryptonians go to this farm in Kansas?'

Man of Steel

How did the military get the ship that brought Kal to Earth?

He tells them he grew up in Kansas.

How do they not know where he "hangs his cape"?

"Clark Kent: But you can't be(replaced). Mom, Zod said this codex he's looking for can actually bring my people back.
Martha Kent: Isn't that a good thing?"

No Martha Kent, that is not a good thing. They wrecked Smallville, and killed many people. They held you by the neck and thrashed your home. MORE OF THEM IS NOT A GOOD THING!

Raimi's Spider-Man 2, which is still probably the best of all the Spider-Man movies.

Peter's neighbor, a character who adds absolutely nothing to the storyline, kills the movie's momentum dead for 3 or 4 minutes while feeding him her chocolate cake and staring at him in creepy silence. This scene serves absolutely no purpose, and it's baffling that this wasted film didn't end up on the cutting-room floor. There actually was a deleted scene where she feeds Peter even MORE food. At least they had the sense to get rid of that. But just … what the hell.

I agree! It was bad the first time around, then in Spider-Man 3 they do it again and have her feeding emo Parker cookies when he's on the phone.

I always got the impression she was going to be expanded on later since she was verging on supporting character

Honestly, I don't see a lot of these movies as good. More like dumb movies with some good moments in them.

Worth pointing out, that the T-1000 issue someone pointed out, is actually the result of a deleted scene. In the scene it shows that the T-1000 is malfunctioning.

Premium Rush - The dialogue between Willie and Manny during their bike chase, such childish back-and-forth, I liked the chase, but literally all of their dialogue during this chase scene is horrendous. :doh:

Matrix.

You require an Operator to jack you into the Matrix and set you up with an Exit to get back to the real world.

But Cypher goes in eats with Agent Smith and comes out without any help.

Grease

During Sandy and Danny's big dance number Sonny for no reason at all comes in, grabs sandy by force and moves her off the Dance floor so Cha Cha (no connection to Sonny) could steal Danny to retain her best dancer title.

Had a good laugh at this- not a goof or anything just potentially funny...

Xmen First Class:

Magneto and Charles are outside and they using powers to move the massive satellite- the others shout them in to see something on the TV. I hope that wasn't the TV satellite they were practicing on :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"