Dumb moments in good movies

Street Fighter
Guile is video chatting with Bison, he tells the hostages behind Bison that the good guys are coming to save them and specifically say "Charlie, we're coming". Bison goes to Charlie and identifies him as Guiles friend and thanks to the moronic Guile his best friend gets tortured and experimented on.

Last edited:
I watched some of Superman 2 last night and I liked it. Sure, some of the parts are unneeded, but overall, Superman 2 is alright. As dumb an idea as a memory kiss is, that was a great scene between Reeve and Kidder, probably the best I've ever seen between the hero and the love interest. Reeve is Clark Kent and Superman.

The beginning scenes in Captain Philips. the dialogue was so generic i wanted to gag.

The T-1000 stabs Sarah Conner in the arm and demands she calls out for John. Yet earlyer in the movie it is established both he and the other Terminator can mimic other voices perfectly. Then 5 minutes later, he just morphs into her and does exactly that, calls out for John.

'You're telling me that this thing can imitate anything it touches?' That was the first time in the movie that he had made contact with her to be able to do that.

The dialogue exchange goes

JOHN: 'You're telling me that this thing can imitate anything thing it touches?'

TERMINATOR: Anything it samples from physical contact.

I thought the ending to Scream 4 was dumb and predicatable. Would have been 100% better if Sydney died and the killer got away with it.

You know you can edit your posts, right? You don't have to spam a thread with three consecutive post within minutes of each other

not on my phone, have a 500 max character limit. I would hardly call it spam either since I am contributing to the topic of the thread. I'm sure there are other newbies around you can try to intimidate with your seniority, but I'm not one of them.

Well, it's illustrated that the T-1000 was losing control of its abilities after the freezing, so I chalk it up to it not being sure if it could replicate Sarah well enough to trick John.

I agree that he wasn't running on all cylinders, just saying that there is a line that explains he had to have physical contact first. Just like Arnie had to listen to someone before he could copy the voice. I would guess judging from the first one that Arnie recorded the persons voice for imitation the same time he computed and stored the quotes and response from the people he interacted with.

Fallen - Though this isn't a good film whatsoever, I see it as a film that could have been great because of it's fantastic cast (Denzel Washington, John Goodman, Donald Sutherland and James Gandolfini). But, instead of being a great film, the film decides that it wants to test people's patience and intelligence by throwing in one of the most ridiculous concepts I've ever heard, and it completely lost me during the scene in which Denzel's detective character encounters the killer he put away, who was executed as well, body-hoping from one person to the next because he's a demon or some bogus. The film was good up to that point, but this point is seriously too ridiculous to even consider. This might be Denzel's worst film because of that ridiculous twist.

What ridiculous twist? It was a demon all along. The original killer (Elias Koteas) was just a body the demon used.

What ridiculous twist? It was a demon all along. The original killer (Elias Koteas) was just a body the demon used.

The whole "demon jumping from body to body" was ridiculous as all hell, and it was a twist to find out that it was a demon that was body-hoping because it felt so absurdly executed. That scene, where Denzel's character first sees it at the police station, was just ridiculous IMO and I was left laughing at its stupidity.

There's some inconsistent logic in Fight Club when Meatloaf's character is shot. One of the Project Mayhem guys announces "they shot Bob", but later says "in Project Mayhem we don't have names," before deciding in death they have the name "Robert Paulson." So why did they say "they shot Bob" in the first place? It's a goof more than a stupid scene.

1. It's not exactly a dumb moment, but I smile or laugh every single time I hear that line from Batman Begins:

"Begged...like a dog!"

I can't watch this scene with a straight face...I imagine Scooby Doo on his knees, begging for his life. "Nooo, don't kill me! Have some mercy, Shaggy!", with that silly dog voice.

2. That ghost sex scene-thingy in Ghostbusters. Disturbing!

3. The scene in Highlander where the Kurgan hits people with his car etc. It just looks so stupid. And the sex scene, of course (yeah, not a big fan of unnecessary nudity and stuff in movies)

4. Mask of Zorro, at the end of the movie...why didn't they just cut the fuse? This is one of my favorite movies, but I really hate that part.

5. Batman Returns, when the Ice Princess is killed. Batman had all the time in the world to save her. But he just stood there and waited for her to fall. And the scene where Batman removes his mask, and the mascara is gone.

6. Bat-butt in Batman Forever:csad: I don't want to see Batman's butt!:cmad: when I was a kid, Batman didn't even have a butt...

^ yeah,gotta agree.
Can't think of many,myself....
I never liked the make-out joke in TIH.
I could've done without seeing Mystque taking Mr Lorio into the rest room in X-2.
I always thought Vicki putting the moves on the Joker was beyond lame.She spent over an hour of screentime running away and being terrorized by him.Then all of a sudden,she's putting the moves on him...and worse yet,he believes her!Joker's crazy,not an idiot!I get there was some kinda "Joke's on the Joker" subtext,but it still makes me cringe.Every time.

I always thought Vicki putting the moves on the Joker was beyond lame.She spent over an hour of screentime running away and being terrorized by him.Then all of a sudden,she's putting the moves on him...and worse yet,he believes her!Joker's crazy,not an idiot!I get there was some kinda "Joke's on the Joker" subtext,but it still makes me cringe.Every time.

Good one:woot:

Here's more:

1. The dialogue between Rachel and Bruce in Batman Begins, when they meet again after all those years. Strange!

2. The singing Asian woman in Spider-Man 2.

3. The scene in Superman 2 where Superman just stands there and says; "No! The people!" Or something like that. It looks like he's about to laugh...:woot:

LOTR: The Two Towers

"I am Aragorn, son of Arathorn"

"Theoden no longer recognises friend from foe. Even his own King"

No one suspected Aragorn of lying or asked for proof that he was the rightful heir.

Last edited:
superman 2 - when zod demonstrates his powers and they show a guy getting hit by his own icecream

Raimi's Spider-Man 2, which is still probably the best of all the Spider-Man movies.

ursula-ditkovich.jpg

Peter's neighbor, a character who adds absolutely nothing to the storyline, kills the movie's momentum dead for 3 or 4 minutes while feeding him her chocolate cake and staring at him in creepy silence. This scene serves absolutely no purpose, and it's baffling that this wasted film didn't end up on the cutting-room floor. There actually was a deleted scene where she feeds Peter even MORE food. At least they had the sense to get rid of that. But just … what the hell.

Flash Gordon

Prince Barin goes from being a *****ey villain to being a pleasant hero in one scene.

I love the movie and Dalton's performance as both villain and hero but it's such a quick and jarring character change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"